Reviews for Fleur de Lis
Plotbunnyhunter chapter 3 . 9/16/2017
Heya! I have no idea whether you're account is still active or something, but I just felt like leaving a comment anyway because it's 2017 and I like to leave a comment on history, haha :D
I think I actually read the fic once in... quite a few years ago? I've been in and out of the fandom a few times, but I clearly followed the fic and some point and stumbled upon it again while scrolling trough the long list of follows on my profile. The title caught my attention and I decided to (re)visit it and well... I was absolutely not disappointed!
I just finished it all in one go and can only compliment you on how you portray the characters and the group dynamic in general. You manage to keep the tone light most of the time despite foreboding times with the group trapped in a dark world and not only the contrast works greatly and it's a super-refreshing read from all the dingy-dark-angsty fics out there, it just makes the characters feel so much more human. Sakura fighting with the bedding and the coats while Syaoran and Kurogane have an epic stare-down of morals is honestly my favourite thing ever!
That's another thing! You include Mokona and Sakura in the story in a meaningfull way! Sure, they haven't had much to do plot-wise yet, but the fandom seems to forget about those to characters so much, it's always nice to read about them interacting and having fun and existing within the narrative and you even do it so well :3
Kurogane's voice is also spot on, and there's always just something eerie about Yuuko and Fai interacting (and turning into drinking buddies. Though I have a feeling Kurogane would hate it for about as long as it takes for them to offer him some and he'd just join the party).
I won't deny that I'm super curious on what your take on Fai's backstory and the Celes arc might be, since you already presented us a reasonable amount of magic and world-building to not make me curious - but I can fully understand if you decided to leave the story unfinished for whatever reason - life happens, and the first three chapters were an entertaining read regardless.

So yeah, I hope you are well and that you kept writing stories somewhere else, because I really enjoy your style!
Sorry if this got too rambly at times, but a las, I don't even know if you'll ever read this, so...
Take care!
ClearMortality chapter 3 . 6/25/2014
No no no no no no nooooo you simply cannot just leave it there D: Such a cliffhanger! We don't know what happens during the retrieval if the feather in Celes nor the fun times fai and yuuko spend with each other while Fai stays in the Witch's abode Dx You simply must update this to satiate your reader's hunger for a good story.
Lyneel chapter 3 . 6/27/2012
it's very intresting and engaging, with the atmosphere appropriate for this dangerous country - as if something cruel, foreing and deadly was hidden somewhere in this silent land. I also like the way that the characters act and the dialogues. I'm curous about next chapters! ;)
BLEACH IT WHITE chapter 3 . 4/22/2012
I am in love. Everything is perfect, from the characterization to the dialogue to the settings to the fact that Sakura and Syaoran are the most clueless and adorable couple EVER.

Fai and Yuuko are hilarious together, and the Watanuki and Doumeki cameos made me so happy. Yuuko is so evil, you just gotta love her.

PLEASE UPDATE!
Lady Ningrum chapter 3 . 2/28/2011
eehh? The gang have arrived in celes?

Wow! And fai is currently in yuuko's shop! Yay~

poor watanuki got sick but he is always pushing his self too hard! But don't you think the gang part(syaoran,sakura,kuro-sama, and mokona) are little? I hope to see their action in celes. Anyway, i was just boring so, i searched old fic and found this fic! I was really surprised when i saw the number of reviews you got! (but then again it wasn't all too surprising i mean, this fic desevered more reviews) i like this story so far! And i will really appreciated if you update this fic!

this fic really have many reviews (the fact that it's still the third chapter and got many reviews proof it's succesful and people love the idea!) i'm sure the others readers and reviewers are still waiting for this fic to be continue again!

It really is a great fic! I know people will welcome this fic again! I really hope you'll update this again!
saltyavocado chapter 1 . 9/21/2010
Ah, just read the first chapter, and is in bliss from the well thought out prose that contained NO MISTAKES. Like a breath of fresh air, your writing is; not all of us are lucky enough to have your excellent sense of narrative. Kurogane being more suspicious of Mokona than he was of Syaoran was very funny, especially with that little mention of "the talk." One has to wonder about CLAMP sometimes, when they overlook little facts like that in their overworked and convoluted plots. This chapter was just pure love, over all. I'm going to be savoring the next two chapters.
applepielover chapter 3 . 4/7/2009
Oh please do update this story when you get the chance. It's well written and the character interaction is done quite well. I know that Fai's past has been revealed and all, but this is a very interesting interpretation of what could have happened - like a "What if?" story.
applepielover chapter 2 . 4/7/2009
I just read the first two chapters and this is amazing. Very good imagery, word choice, sentence structure, and character interaction. Well written and a good plot too.

Corrections:

"not that there was any doubt in Kurogane’s mind that the wizard was not only completely aware of it butwas doing it on purpose" but was.

"“We found it!” Sakura cried proudly, making a valiant effort to keep her teeth from chattering even as Syaoran lead her over to the fire." I believe it's led.

"not that he would have been inclined touse it anyway" to use.
DeimosPhobos chapter 3 . 2/26/2009
awesome story! You're not giving up on it, are you? PLEASE continue writing!
ZeroVInfinity chapter 3 . 8/1/2008
*can't possibly laugh hard enough for the awesomeness of this chapter* i love this so much! are you ever going back to it? *watery puppy-dog eyes* pwease?
zeppelin13 chapter 3 . 6/8/2008
Please update! ]
SkyLilies chapter 1 . 5/27/2008
LOVE this chapter- I don't know if you even check for reviews any more, but I just wanted to say, Kurogane sounds and behaves exactly like he does in canon.
for that smile chapter 1 . 5/15/2008
EASILY the best Tsubasa fanfiction I've ever read. The idea is well-executed and creative, and the humor balanced with the deep insight makes for a wonderful fanfiction. What impressed me the most was how the characters' personalities are so flawlessly preserved... their dynamics and interactions are believeable and a pleasure to read.

If there is any amount of harassment that will prompt you to resume writing this after such a long time, please let me know and I will work to fill such a quota.
iolah chapter 3 . 2/29/2008
Really intersting so far, pleasae update soon.
MoroTheWolfGod chapter 3 . 9/24/2007