Reviews for Spring of Plum Blossoms
chocolander chapter 1 . 11/21/2012
awesome oneshot! I don't usually ship nejiten but you have successfully converted me to the dark side! I usually have mixed feelings about this pairing because nejiten fics typically portraytenten to hava an usually unrequited love for neji, which can either lead to a happy or a bittersweet/angst ending (in which nobody wins). but I like how in this fic you managed to depict how their love "cannot be denied", and prevail against all odds (appeals to the optimistic romantic in me!) :) I did enjoy the twist about how hizashi is disguised as hiashi, and you have foreshadowed this with hints when tenten sees the similarities between the two men (the way they act and love the same woman). great job! :)

ps. just a question: I don't really get how hanabi can be said to be the winner if hizashi loses the duel? what exactly is her "true nature" and what's her secret? and why does she take this long to expose hizashi if it is really to avenge for her father's death? I'm not sure, but all the references to hanabi seems to point towards some bigger conspiracy than the one hizashi cooked up, I'm not sure if I'm reading too much into this? haha, drop me some crumbs! :) my email is chocolander gmail
pps. oh yeah, I'm not sure if it's me, but I spot some inconsistency. when tenten first sees hizashi's seal presumably because the makeup covering up the seal is washed away by the rain (because i don't think jutsu can be washed away by rain, so that leaves makeup), yet hanabi comments that hizashi should use makeup instead of jutsu, implying his seal was covered up by jutsu, which is later confirmed by her releasing the jutsu at the tribunal. I'm just wondering how hizashi covered up his seal.
But these are just minor details; I really enjoyed reading your fic! :)
rayningnight chapter 1 . 10/13/2012
...wow that was good. I can't believe you did this so well. Now it can totally make sense if Hinata's "father" was actually her uncle. And then there's Hanabi.
I have nothing to say to her. I can't tell if she's good or evil here! :O
Anyway, I loved the story, and the way it was told. Present tense, and still beautifully written. I loved it. Plus, I loved the sheer poetry of it all.
BTW, did you make up Tenten's lyrics? Cuz' they're REALLY GOOD.
Okay, I think that's enough babbling.

-Twinklefeather
naash chapter 1 . 4/28/2011
wow i love the fighting scene between neji and hizashi you made it beautiful and i really mean that. it was art

naash
I Can Hear the Sea chapter 1 . 11/9/2010
"I'll marry you," he says clearly. "Whoever you are, I'll marry you.

This line got to me. I like this story in that Neji, who has been blind and deaf, is able to fall in love with someone (namely Tenten). :)
Bibliolympian chapter 1 . 9/4/2010
AAAAAUUUUGHHHHH. I feel ANGST. ANGER. ARROGANCE.

I feel the love. :)

AAAAUUUUUGHHHHH THIS MAKES MY HEART HURT; I'M NOT EVEN KIDDING.

AUGH.
nothinglefthere chapter 1 . 6/15/2010
Lovely story. Great imagery.
KnighteWolfe chapter 1 . 5/22/2010
Hmmm, I wonder what Hanabi's secret was.

Will the answer pop up in a one-shot sequel or a continuation.

Or is it the fact that-in this story-Hinata and Hanabi are half-sisters?

KW
fanofthisfiction chapter 1 . 6/15/2009
Shame on me. I read this story awhile back when I virtually knew nothing about Naruto but was looking into watching some episodes and reading some fanfiction. I had really come to think about this story over time and somehow "lost" where it had went. After some time, alas I have come to discover it again. I thank my lucky stars.

I really enjoyed this piece. It was so well written, it really left an impression on me. I love what you do in just a few words. The tale extends beyond just a chance meet but touches where true love meets the characters lives and touches all those around it.

Thanks for posting this touching and moving piece.
momo-sake chapter 1 . 10/13/2008
I'm always amazed by this everytime I read it :)
Okuyukashii chapter 1 . 9/3/2008
I like it, great job! I don't really understand what Hanabi meant while she was dancing.
bobalinabokonon chapter 1 . 7/13/2008
Ah, that was very good, even if the ending was a mite cheesy. But I like. Thankyew.
sakuraxkisu chapter 1 . 12/26/2007
This story is so wellwritten-the descriptions are beautiful crafted and the plot is shocking and original. I love this oneshot-it's probably the first fanfic I've read where NejiTen is the main couple and there's virtually no SasuSaku. But yeah, anyway, I loved this SO much, so I'm definitely faving it! XD
Katako-Chan chapter 1 . 7/19/2007
Aw...that was sweet. The only thing I found kind of...random was the fact that Neji's fiancee was named Kaguya-hime (isn't she the Princess of the Moon from the legend?).

Anyways, nice and fluffy :D.

Katako-chan
ButaLove chapter 1 . 1/1/2007
Ouch. That must've hurt for Tenten...and Neji to be living many lies for a long time. Nice fanfic. It made me feel good reading this.
Luna Forest chapter 1 . 12/9/2006