Reviews for Sole Occidente
takedigi chapter 1 . 2/29/2016
OMG. This story is impressive. This is a battle of wills. The power of words, emotions. It's so realistic. This is the true Palpatine. Manipulator, patient, strategist, and heartless. I was impressed by the thoughts and emotions of Padme. She is one of my favorites characters (especially in the episode of her speech in the Clone Wars. I love that moment).

The ending was perfect. It was true. He had won.
Truthisfreedom chapter 1 . 1/1/2016
Could have easily been a deleted scene from ROTS!

I love your characterization - Padme, ever the diplomat, trying to talk her way to a solution...

But there is a reason why he is called Sidious, though.

I could imagine this entire scene, and for that, kudos to you! :)
Alexxis T. Swan chapter 1 . 1/7/2011
Haha sweet victory! If anything she should be glad he didn't rub it in her face as much as he could have. I can picture this scene ending in a concession of defeat such as, "Of course Chancellor. Forgive me, I was wrong. I'm sorry I wasted your time, it won't happen again." It might even get him to pity her a little.
ibelieveintruelove chapter 1 . 8/8/2010
Oh my gosh! Palpatine is some piece of work. I HATE that he can manipulate Padme so easy, it's so unfair and completely unjust. But politics isn't about the good people winning, its about the clever ones winning, and Palpatine has enough blackmail and power to win every battle for a long time. Excellent job!
ISurvivedHurricaneIrma chapter 1 . 4/2/2009
A great story. Very good.
What-Ansketil-Did-Next chapter 1 . 3/16/2008
Brilliant! _
Carmarthen chapter 1 . 3/7/2007
Wonderful character study, and a nice backstory for Padme's actions.
Riana1 chapter 1 . 10/25/2006
Stunning and better than the movies.
LL chapter 1 . 9/12/2005
This is a great story! I can see Padme thinking to try this ... and for sure Palpatine would trump her with this.
Fantome chapter 1 . 7/17/2005
Wonderful job! Brillant blackmail suitable of Palpatine. Lovely details about Naboo culture.
squelchything chapter 1 . 6/25/2005
I liked this, especially the reason for the young Queens and the elaborate make-up, and Padmé's way of showing Palpatine that he was abusing his power.
etherealfire chapter 1 . 6/21/2005
WOW. Sorry; I, too, dislike short reviews, but that word sums it up. Keep up the great work.

~etherealfire~
Shawn30 chapter 1 . 6/16/2005
Absolutely fantastic characterization, with a pacing that felt perfect for this story. The mounting tension is wonderful, and I love Padme's sincere efforts and Palpatine's 'gently dark' way of handeling her. The ending is one of the best I've ever read. This is one amazing one-shot.
Trinity Day chapter 1 . 6/16/2005
This was very well written.
J.E.A.R.K.Potter chapter 1 . 6/16/2005
Good story, you did wonderful showing the two characters, one we love and one we hate!-(Erin)J.E.A.R.