Reviews for Long Way from Home
Jehilew chapter 5 . 2/5
Of course he enjoyed the hunt, and of course he disliked having it cut short. But dang, Maria (Irbis, I presume?), she has some grit to her. No wonder she snagged his curiosity.
Jehilew chapter 4 . 2/5
Dude...this guy's twisted, and I love it. Well, I don't love twisted people, but you know what I mean, it's not everyday we get the pov of someone like Creed. I had to laugh at his impatience with the escapees, gives his character a comical edge.
Jehilew chapter 3 . 2/5
As it happens, I've got a quiet, sneak into a facility undetected type scene coming up soon, so I'll likely return to this chapter, see how you did it with Sabretooth here. Anyway, nice chapter, I especially liked how you described his thrill for killing, and the kil scenes themselves (not sure what that says about me, heh...). Onward to the next chapter:)
Jehilew chapter 2 . 1/27
Love the backstory here, and I'm loving the voice you've given Sabretooth, you can just tell he's a beast to tangle with from his headspace alone.
Jehilew chapter 1 . 1/27
Whoa now. That's an intense opener, loved it! As fast paced and to the point this was, I bet you're good at fight scenes, too. Off to the next chapter I go...
Lucky's Girl chapter 13 . 3/25/2016
I think it was a great way to end the story, to have Victor raging after all the 'softness' we've been seeing in this story. It was cool to see how she fit into this dynamic too!

"Fast." And it was much more a growl than a word.

Irbis opened her mouth and blinked twice, looking at the man's animalistic snarl, before straightening herself." I like the way you always describe things like this, it just sets the reader more into Victor's head frame and the image of him.

Poor girl was so thoughtful about it all and Victor oblivious lost in his own thoughts.

I LOVED loved loved the reason he was so angry! That you places it around that time, and went into his reasons for killing Silverfox, it was just great! Plus it was perfect that his rage filled mood was on behalf of a loss to Logan!
Lucky's Girl chapter 12 . 3/25/2016
A great last few chapters! I loved having her point of view the chapter after while she's really being involved in one of Victor's charades. The last one was a great mix of Victor being protective and being his usual self! I agree with Irbis about the street lamps though, that was such a cute moment!

I'm so curious from the excerpt too!
Lucky's Girl chapter 10 . 3/21/2016
Another great chapter! I loved that just as they settle into there deal... Something comes up so they can't get complacent! I wonder who those guys were! It should be interesting!
Lucky's Girl chapter 9 . 3/21/2016
Wow this is great! I can't believe I missed this one! I'm sort of happy I did, though, because it made it all the more great to read because I was so curious about all these events from the references and the plot of the future ones!

Again, I can't say it enough, you write Victor so well! I love seeing that while he's off causing mayhem and pulling one over on the people he hates, he's so relaxed and jovial. Whereas when he's dealing with a more personal matter like in the second story in the series, he's more grumpy and in troubled moods. It's perfect! I liked seeing all his tactical thoughts here too, so many people don't get or incorporate that Victor's a little mastermind when he wants to be! He has it all thought out and he's cunning as often as strong or psychotic.

I liked the last chapter before this one I think, where Victor treats her like he would anybody else, because that was missing from the story I read. He tried to go his normal approach, but then if he did, he wouldn't get what he wanted and he'd lose, which we know he hates. So it makes total sense that to him he's just switching up tactics and that's how they grow into Victor having a less terrible approach to her and around her. I did love in one of the chapters too where Victor's decided not to use the name she's giving him and just what he wants to use. So like him. Also that he's curious in her strange behaviors, and it's what leads him to not killing her right away, it's such great motivation for his character.

Mr. Jekyll, haha, oh Victor Creed's humor. I liked this restaurant scene and how it shows the difference in how he treats everyone else around him similarly, but Irbis he is being more amused by or trying to keep his temper in check to get what he wants. It was great! All the little details like the steak and that sort of normal stuff was fun too.

Also I love the reason behind Irbis' name! That's so cool that its a snow-leopard's alternate name! I didn't know that, but it suddenly makes sense and it's just a great name and compliments someone whose alongside Sabretooth! So cool! I meant to review each chapter but I got sucked into reading the story!
dizi chapter 13 . 4/16/2006
This seems to be a little of everyday life. Very interesting, liked both pov's. Irbis seems to be adjusting pretty well to both the US and Sabretooth.
dizi chapter 12 . 3/9/2006
So, is she like turning into his sidekick? It sorta seems like it. I have to say, he doesn't seem to be a good influence.
dizi chapter 11 . 12/11/2005
Oh! Somebody's in trouble! Pretty sure at this point this means he gets to go hunting. I mean, he wouldn't let somebody get away with stuff like that, not because it's her but because it's a violation against him. But ya never know with you so I'll be waiting to find out.
dizi chapter 10 . 11/20/2005
Oh, hey, I totally agree with you on his funny potential. I think I've proven that actually.

It's coming along great. Your Irbis is a brave girl. First she pushes about getting paid then she asks for a subsidy! I think I would have had him let her find out the hard way about how cold it gets so he could laugh at her when she freaked but I can see that she will definitely need more clothes. Guess he's planning on her being there a long while, huh?
dizi chapter 9 . 11/14/2005
Loved the pov, a good look into her mind. Not sure if it was supposed to be funny but I really laughed when Creed was contemplating the shrink, and what the X-Men would think about him "saving" her. Good one!
dizi chapter 8 . 11/12/2005
Well, she sure surprised me with that trying to kill herself thing. Took ole Vic by surprise too. And she's gotten to be a spunky little thing, "Are you going to watch me all de seconds?" Gonna keep him on his toes, huh?