Reviews for My Mother
BlackasEbony chapter 50 . 2/21/2014
XD LOVE this story! totally addicted! and I didn't expected to get converted sooo Glad my Good Friend shared the LINK to your BRILLIANT STORY! still trying to figure out how i suddenly got addicted to reading this fanfic _ well on to the next "Destiny" _ cant wait!
creativesm75 chapter 50 . 1/14/2014
cool
KageOkami-Kogo chapter 50 . 1/2/2014
I loved the story, though I wish you somehow brought Anakin back lol though that would bring in complicated political stuff, or more so, but anyway, it was still great! The only thing I didn't like was the Rianna/Luke thing, but whatever. Great job!
Bradley Cude chapter 50 . 12/19/2013
You have done a VERY good job with this.

I've been reading entries in the Star Wars, Avengers, Transformers/Beast Wars, Young Justice, and Hardy Boys/Nancy Drew archives. I like to see what fans of various franchises like to do with them as if they were in charge. In Star Wars, specifically, there are so many events that take place that there are literally an infinite number of AUs that can be made.

It's easy to have an idea; it's another thing entirely to PRESENT that idea in a way that will keep people hooked. You have an idea (Padme survives ROTS) and you have presented it with unparalleled skill. There will be people who do this concept, but they will be forever outclassed by you.

I keep coming back to this story, that's how good it is.

That said, there are things specifically that I would like to point out:

Padme's survival is entirely plausible. It MAKES SENSE. It's not "oh-shes-dying-lets-save-her-somehow".

Padme's reaction to waking up after 23 years is entirely what one would expect. Leia, Han, and Luke's reactions to Padme are also entirely likely.

You also did your research before writing this: Sola, Ryoo, and Pooja are all canon EU characters. (Pooja was also an Imperial Senator at the same time that Leia was. The two were quite close, with neither realizing that they were really cousins.)

And, to top it all off, you managed, by some unknown miracle, to cast Jar Jar Binks in a light that made him not-so-goofy. (Fact: he was touted as "the next Chewbacca" in TPM. There's a reason why Ahsoka Tano was introduced in SWTCW.) Somehow, I couldn't bring myself to hate or even dislike him. That only shows how GOOD a writer you are.

In summary, then, FANTASTIC JOB.
ArwenSolo chapter 15 . 11/18/2013
I'm only on chapter 15 and I am loving it. This story is so moving. Han and his pregnancy hugs are so lovable! Luke and Padme are great together too.
Anna chapter 2 . 10/11/2013
THAT WAS AMAZING! I LOVE THIS! SOME PEOPLE MIGHT SAY IT IS HORRIBLE BUT I SAY IT IS WONDERFUL! I COULD SAY 'BOUT A MILLION GREAT THINGS 'BOUT THIS!
Mikado X Goddess chapter 50 . 8/10/2013
LOVE IT SOOOOOOOOOO MUCH!
Guest chapter 41 . 7/4/2013
Luckily, Luke specializes in breaking seals.

On another note, Qui-Gon's gamble in regards to Jar Jar has paid off in spades; Jar Jar held his own against his Nubian counterpart.
Guest chapter 39 . 7/4/2013
Jar Jar is now the third person to make the distinction between Anakin and Vader, the other two being Padme and Luke.
Bradley Cude chapter 7 . 7/3/2013
Out of sheer curiosity- Han and Leia are married so soon after ROTJ. Did he propose en route to Bespin and they tie the knot at the party on Endor?
Haley Renee chapter 50 . 6/24/2013
You are such an amazing writer. This story - wow! Your characterizations were perfect for everybody, including the droids and Jar Jar (I'm probably one of the few SW fans that actually like him lol). And USUALLY I do NOT like it when there are "Mary Sues" in a story...but I am pleased to say that Rianna was ssssoooo not a Mary Sue! (in fact I was practically rooting for her and Luke to become a couple since she was first introduced lol) She was a very complex character and kept on surprising me throughout the tale. Starting the sequel now (and I read all 50 chapters in one day, if you need any more evidence that I liked this). THANK YOU FOR WRITING!
Anne Camp aka Obi-quiet chapter 50 . 6/20/2013
I'll admit that at the beginning, I wasn't too impressed. I thought the chapters were short and choppy and that the pacing really needed help. However, the further I got, the better it got, both in writing and story wise. I can see you put a lot of thought into this, and while I think it might be a good idea to go back and rewrite the first ten or so chapters, I have to say I'm glad I stuck with it and finished it. :)
Anne Camp aka Obi-quiet chapter 45 . 6/20/2013
I"m kind of feeling that you took a lot of what happened here from Luke and Mara's relationship...so it feels a bit cheap. I do think you did it well, but yeah. It probably doesn't help that I will be a LukexMara shipper until the day I die...; Mara's one of my favorite characters.
Guest chapter 50 . 5/8/2013