Reviews for Blow Up the Pokies
JSolo54 chapter 1 . 11/13/2012
Great story. Haven't seen much out there (books/FF) about Han wallowing in his sorrows after Chewie. Would love to see more.
filmyfurry chapter 1 . 9/22/2011
Awhhhhh, this is just so sad... Oh Han... :( :( :( :(

Anyway, this is a very well-written one-shot. You expressed Han's emotions of grief and depression very well.
phaorah chapter 1 . 3/31/2007
great story
KrazywithaK chapter 1 . 10/22/2005
Wow...

That was really good! Sad but true, it captured the essence of the problem and also showed a little hope. The idea of Leia drinking the same stuff Han was made me think of her being able to take the same amount of pain that he could, and that he didn't have to "go through it alone" or something like that. Eh, I'm probably going to read more into this than you intended, but I'm a huge fan of accidental symbolism. And the way you said Anakin's name next to last showed that maybe he was feeling the pain the most out of the three Solo children.

Confession: haven't yet read NJO. But I intend to, and it's this kind of fanfiction that makes me want to read it because I know he comes back. If it weren't for authors like you, I might give up on them, and that would be bad...

Tres bon!

Roaine
KnightedRogue chapter 1 . 6/21/2005
Excellent viggie, LVB. You've captured the very essence of Han's dilemma in the post-VP NJO. I especially like the "moral center" comment in regards to Chewie. That's it. That's why Han's so bereft of purpose - he has no one to tell him to suck it up and move on.

And it was sad, but, hey, that's what angst is all about. And you've done well. The tone is constantly depressing :) and appropriate for the setting and circumstance. You've also integrated bits of scenery (someone winning in the casino, the nexu races, etc) that do a wonderful job adding to the atmosphere. Fantastic work!

KR
Silindro chapter 1 . 6/19/2005
oh how sad and pathetic. not the story, the fact that han's giving in to whatever bad things he can find.
Rosie Rubix chapter 1 . 6/17/2005
*Sniffle*

Aww. Sad, but pretty.
GreatOne chapter 1 . 6/17/2005
*sniffs* Han took Chewie's death so hard! *sniffs* He really needed grief counseling at that time in his life. Too bad he was too stubborn to ask for help! *BAWLS*
The Proud And Prejudiced One chapter 1 . 6/17/2005
Aww sad! I would say "write more" to read more of your writing but I think this makes a great one-shot. congratulations :)
KD Skywalker chapter 1 . 6/16/2005
This was such an awesome look at how Han must had felt after Chewie died...it's still so sad...