Reviews for Dark Times
jedilittlebee chapter 50 . 5/25/2021
She is more vulnerable now than at this point in the movie. And alone. And grieving. She really does need Han!
jedilittlebee chapter 49 . 5/25/2021
Got to be Mara! And she is piecing things together now...
jedilittlebee chapter 48 . 5/25/2021
I agree with your description it grief. It attacks months, even years later with no warning...triggered by a thought, a word, a look, and leaves you shipwrecked, irregardless of where you are, who you are with, what you are doing. Time heals a little, you can remember more of the good times and smile, but let yourself remember the time of the loss, like when you read a story like this one, and it’s like it just happened. My dad, it’s been over 21 years, my mom about 11 years, and I am crying while I type this... but it doesn’t happen as often. Your writing really touches those emotions, like a good writer should be able to do!
jedilittlebee chapter 47 . 5/25/2021
This is such suspense. You never give anything away! We can only guess. Do they both belong to Palpatine? If so they could still fear Vader... you certainly know how to keep us on the edge!
jedilittlebee chapter 46 . 5/25/2021
If only she knew who the lightsaber really belonged to! Grief is a terrible thing to deal with, as too many of us know...
reppad98 chapter 59 . 5/24/2021
Wow, I almost can't believe it! A new chapter! That's really awesome! It has been years since I read this story, so I was very grateful for the summary you put in the previous chapter, and as you recommended, I read the last few chapters again that you had rewritten. Now, time for something new!
Oooh, Luke is awake and walking around and thinking on his own. He really doesn't remember much... But he does remember something, he just doesn't know what to do with those stray thoughts. He's so vulnerable right now to the Emperor's manipulations... I really don't know how he's going to get out of this one...
Yeah, like I already thought, Palpatine will rip away any memories he might have retained, as soon as he finds out about them. And with the Emperor being so close so often, it'll be very difficult for Luke to become himself again, if that is even possible. And he's also being taught to use the Dark Side of the Force without even remembering that there is a Light Side. Palpatine has caught him, and caught him well. But memories of a desert planet, and of Darth Vader... Exposure to the real world seems to cause more memories to flow back to him. Palpatine is not going to be happy with that.
Oh dear, Darth Vader is after Han, Chewie and Leia. Because they're Luke's friends... And what is he going to do with them then? Perhaps he hopes he can use them to bring Luke's memories back? Who knows...
Oh no, just as Luke is remembering more, Palpatine is going to strip them away. But maybe Luke will remember something from it, maybe he will remember that Palpatine hurts him when he speaks his mind, and he will remember to keep his mouth shut and his thoughts guarded. But that's wishful thinking... I don't know how he's going to get out of there without any outside help.
Thank you very, very much for updating, I hope you update again soon, and keep writing! ! !
Mahria chapter 59 . 5/15/2021
So happy for new content. That Sidious is a slippery bugger! His overconfidence is really his weakness (or at least I hope it is in this story). My heart aches for Luke. He's been used as a pawn this entire story. Poor guy. Struggling with his disabilities and feelings of gratitude and loyalty to Sidious, thinking that he owes everything to him, meanwhile little spurts of Luke Skywalker push through. Regardless of the brain damage, this really illustrates the strength of Luke's character, even if they are only flashes that he forgets almost instantly. The fact that he is getting snippets of his life before is impressive. That's our Luke. But if Ion keeps being honest with his memories, then Sidious will just continue to 'snip' them out won't he? And I don't even think Ion knows how to shield his mind and intentions from his Master. That ability seems light years away. I wonder how far Luke will delve into the darkside (ugh it breaks my heart! It's not right!). I wonder what will happen when Ion and Vader meet. What poison will Sidious have poured into Luke's mind about his father by then? Vader needs to get his shit together. I wonder what he has planned for Leia etc. It would be soooo random/awesome if they recognized that they both want the same thing and decide to work together . . . I know. Super far fetched. Great update though! Still wondering what the goal is with Rhovan's new mission. Always a purpose though (Sidious, that slippery bugger!)
jediqueen1980 chapter 1 . 5/14/2021
I’ve waited a long time for this chapter! Worth the wait. I can hardly wait for what’s next! Great job.
Ambivalenthia chapter 59 . 5/13/2021
This chapter was well worth the wait. I think the depiction of Ion's disabilities is fascinating and probably based on considerable research. Palpatine is spot on, particularly that he listens to peoples thoughts, all the time, and just replies to them as if people had spoken. It is exactly what he would do.
KotzenderKauz chapter 59 . 5/13/2021
So glad you're back!
I reread Dark Times in the last days and enjoyed it immensely and I'm definitely looking forward to more.
SpellCleaver chapter 59 . 5/12/2021
I adore the way you write Luke/Ion's struggles with memory and how slimy Palpatine is being in manipulating him! It's fascinating to read, and written so well. And I'm so curious why Vader wants Luke's friends...
Kittona chapter 59 . 5/10/2021
it was super exciting to see an update for this! its driving me nuts trying to figure out what side Rhovan is truly on... I wonder if he even really knows at this point.

I am super intrigued to see what happens with Luke. I always find it fascinating when characters have to learn how to deal with permanent effects from injuries. I feel like often in sci-fi and fantasy, authors just have everyone miraculously recover, and that's not nearly as interesting.
Kathryn.c.l chapter 59 . 5/9/2021
This story is one if my absolute favs. So glad to see some new content. I think your writing is just as good as it ever was. Love how sneaky you have made the Emperor. Can't wait to see where this goes!
Ambivalenthia chapter 51 . 5/9/2021
Alright, I haven't read the new chapters, but I am thrilled and terrified to do so. I remember this story, viscerally. If I had time I would go and start again at the beginning! Thanks a million for continuing the story, it is absolutely epic.
Vis-Solomon chapter 58 . 5/9/2021
good to see this being continuedimo Dark Times is one of the better Star Wars fanfics out there, perhaps one of the best, so I look forward to see where you'll take it. One thing that I am curious about though is if I should primarily follow the story on FFN or AO3. I'm subscribed to it on both sites, but I haven't received an update from AO3 yet. Is that because you aren't cross posting your new updates, or just lag on my part? Either way, I reread the last arc, and I'm excited for what's to come.
1,103 | « Prev Page 1 2 3 4 5 12 .. Last Next »