Reviews for Dark Times
VFSNAKE chapter 59 . 5/9/2021
Poor Luke. More manipulations by the Emperor. But one day that man will fall. He just doesn't know it yet.
iloveMOM1597 chapter 59 . 5/9/2021
It’s been so long! Thank-you for the new chapter. I loved it. I feel so bad for Luke. What a mess his head is.
MJ Mink chapter 59 . 5/9/2021
OMG...this is stunning! Poor Luke, my baby... Palpatine is so incredibly evil in this. Now I have to go back to the beginning and reread the entire story. Not exactly a hardship ;) Wonderful chapter!
Akarri chapter 58 . 5/9/2021
OoohhHHH! HELLO THANK YOU FOR RECAP

I first read this fic Years ago, forgot about it, found it again, loved it even more the second time, and that was.. also years ago. But I swear I was thinking about it just two or three days ago. I am so so excited to see more of this, you have no idea!
If I ever get to see the Completed tag get added to this thing, I'll be able to die happy :D
HubrisP chapter 58 . 5/9/2021
Excellent sum-up, I had forgotten about the events in this story, and feared I may have to read through it again. Perhaps I actually will anyway.
llodan chapter 58 . 5/9/2021
Oh my goodness! So excited to see a little update! Looking forward for a new chapter!
llodan chapter 57 . 3/15/2021
Man I came looking for a good Luke story and found yours. Turns out I recognized it after the first chapter. Apparently I had read it many years ago! Of course reading it again I enjoyed it even more and got to read l the new chapters since! Has been an amazing read. Have pretty much been using ALL my spare time and crushed this! I sure hope to see more of this story in the future️
Vis-Solomon chapter 1 . 3/7/2021
What a point to end at! Seriously though, fantastic story, gripping read and tight plotting. All I can really say is 'damn, you write well!'.
Kittona chapter 57 . 3/3/2021
oh man this story is amazing! I really hope you get a chance to come back to it 3 Either way though, thank you for the read!
Kittona chapter 35 . 3/2/2021
oh man, it's a good thing I stopped where I did last night. If i'd read this chapter I dunno if I would've gotten any sleep...probably just would've kept reading
Kittona chapter 34 . 3/2/2021
oh man the last several chapters have been intense! but it is now 1 am and I have to work tomorrow... er today lol. Can't wait to come back to this and read more!
DeathRainbows chapter 46 . 2/8/2021
Hmm Okay so... binged this in like 2 days and may I just say... holy. Shit. I’m not exactly new to the Star Wars fandom, but neither am I a veteran. I stumbled upon this and I honestly just have to say I’m very thankful I did. I love so much about this story (tale?), honestly I just can’t really explain it. I love everything you’ve done to build characters and relationships and literally just the amount of work and thought and effort you out creates a feeling of admiration within me. And inspiration. I think I’m going to have to stop here for now (I definitely need a break after the roller coaster of the past 40 chapters), but I felt like I needed to write you a comment to express my appreciation for this work. My condolences for your losses (though I can’t every truly understand them). You are an amazing person for continuing to live on.

My thanks and gratitude for this tale. I realize it hasn’t been updated for almost 5 years at this point, but I completely understand how life is... life. I wish you the best. Take care of yourself.

- Sincerely, DR
Marilee Susan Way chapter 57 . 1/17/2021
How to know if you’re a Sith Lord checklist:

1) You craft all sorts of psychological conflicts and keep track of them all as you further your plots (insidious plots).

2) You’re extremely, extremely good at understanding people and characters and knowing how to elevate them, and how to destroy them utterly.

3) Rule a galaxy through a mixture of subjugation with extreme prejudice and a heck of a lot of spies whose motives are interesting and ever-changing.

4) Mess with Skywalkers.

Well author, it looks like you might be a powerful dark sider. I just read all of your amazing writing and characters and plot, and now I’m pretty devastated (because I’m just going to go ahead and imagine Palpatine’s Lord Commander Racas as the end of this story). There were so many absolutely first rare elements to this story that you just do not find in fan fiction (and if you do, it’s pretty much intolerable because of the ew factor). But you put in so much symbolism throughout this baby. Your strong themes on families and surviving and allegiance were so prominent throughout, but in an extremely amazing and intriguing way, rather than just heavy handed symbolism to try and prove that you can. (Which is the ew factor I was referring to). I can only assume you’re not finishing this because you’re actually a world famous author who enjoys devastating people in the real world (and hopefully for money).

Thank you for sharing your talent! It absolutely killed me, but I guess I enjoyed the death the whole time.
Arizeri chapter 1 . 12/15/2020
Too many OCs
One Thousand Rains chapter 57 . 10/3/2020
You must overcome your writer's block, and finish this story. Racas/Evil?Luke must rise, must contest with Vader for Sheevy's affections, Vader and Racas must discover and rediscover their relationship (because, at its heart, this was supposed to be a father-son fic according to your summary and so far we have seen more of Rhovan's interrogation methods than any actual father-son stuff in these 57 chapters), and eventually, Luke Skywalker must rise. Because honestly, you dedicated 57 chapters to completely, slowly, and surely destroying Luke Skywalker - his sanity, his innocence, his reputation, and even his memories. He needs to come out of all this stronger than ever, needs to return from the darkness brighter than ever, for complete closure.

This, alongside Black Squadron, is the greatest SW fanfiction I have ever read. And you've left it at a climax. For 5 years now.

Come back. Fulfill your destiny. Finish what you started.
1,103 | « Prev Page 1 .. 2 3 4 5 6 13 .. Last Next »