Reviews for Street Sense
GGMK chapter 1 . 8/29
Pretty fun adventure. Jonouchi really does have a good nose! Like how laidback he was about the whole thing.

Small thing, but I liked how you mentioned Mai becoming friends with Vivian. I'm sure a lot of people forgot that small scene from the final episode.
jj chapter 1 . 8/26/2013
that was great lov it
BiblioMatsuri chapter 1 . 1/25/2013
Oh, bad puns.

I can't believe he actually walked all the way back to the game shop blindfolded and with his hands tied. That is bad*ss... and the mental image of Jounouchi with his nose in the air, sniffing around is hilarious.

That evil little brat Johji, the shoes, Hirutani... The early chapters are included, then? (Volumes 1-7 or 8 weren't in the anime, so that's why I mentioned it.)

Everyone is utterly in character. Also, Yugi must be contagious - Jounouchi actually thought up a secret message in a few minutes, and got away with it. (I'm not saying Jounouchi is stupid, just that wordplay isn't necessarily his strong point.)
RougeAngleOfSatin chapter 1 . 11/16/2012
This may be old, but I HAD to review. This is seriously some of the best Jonouchi characterization I've ever read. And you included the entire gang of friends in a way that reminded me of the very early manga before all the card games came along. You didn't forget Bakura either, which lots of people tend to do (or use as an excuse to write Ryou angst. I've never understood why they seem to not hang out with Bakura much. Unless it's his decision...trying to keep them safe from the spirit of the Millenium Ring through distance? /tangent)
TrisakAminawn chapter 1 . 2/14/2012
Heh. That was very, very cute. Yay friends! And post-series having of lives. And the paper-thin reason for the kidnapping so much in the style of canon it was okay it was dumb.

Also, that's a pretty good apartment for a young single guy, especially in Japan! My mother's family of four lived in a Manhattan apartment like that, with a fold-out couch in the living room, until the girls hit their teens, and they rented a basement room for them to share. I'd expect Jonouchi to land in one-room digs with a communal bathroom. He made out.
Tani Barton chapter 1 . 8/19/2007
I really liked that. It was a fun friendship fic that really felt like a little slice of life for the characters. Seeing Jou make his way home by his nose was really cool, the puns amused me, and the ending worked just right.
WitchVela chapter 1 . 6/19/2006
street scents, yay! ;P

the last sentence was kind of really cool. it fitted perfectly as an end keep writing ;P
Anon chapter 1 . 3/31/2006
Sorry, no concrit, I just like this the way it is!
Shiro Ryuu chapter 1 . 12/11/2005
:) Pretty good, pretty good. First of all, I did notice one mistake - in the beginning, when Jou is listening to his captors talk, you say he's gagged, but that's the last we ever hear about it. Also, I guess I found the idea that he couldn't find a way to wriggle out of the blindfold somehow a little silly - it would've had to have been pretty tight for him to not have been able to just push it off against a wall or something. Though it *is* Jou... Anyway, it's okay, because the cleverness with the note made up for it _ Also, for some reason I just really liked the image of them all coming over to help him unpack in his new place - cute friendship fluff :) Good job keeping him IC, as always.
Yami Vizzini chapter 1 . 11/12/2005
That was awesome, seriously! It packed suspense with a good bit of ingenuity on Jonouchi's part (wonder what Kaiba would think of the "dueling monkey" having that kind of smarts?).
X-parrot chapter 1 . 6/26/2005
Bwah! he's such a bloodhound indeed. cute friendshipping, and Jounouchi handles himself nicely in a pinch. and Bakura wanting to know about Johji, and finding out that no, he really doesn't - hee!

The only thing I would question is that the note he leaves, while very clever, doesn't really advance the story, since Yugi et al. don't end up doing anything to especially help Jou. on the other hand, the presence of a minigame does give it a more YGO-like feel, so it balances out!
InsaneShadowFan chapter 1 . 6/21/2005
XD Great story, as always. However, I have been noticing something...sometimes your characters sound a little stiff. Like, they never seem to be doing anything while they're talking, you know? I think it would be a good idea to make them more active. But other than that, good job. :D

Scarab Dynasty can't log in chapter 1 . 6/17/2005
I like it. well written and enjoyable and you are very in character (and nobody can complain at the thought of Jounouchi getting the heck out of his home with his father, right?) This story rocked. Seemed rather long so perhaps it could have been broken up into two or three chaoters, but otherwise, I have no qualms. Cool story and enjoyable. Kudos to you.
Higuchimon chapter 1 . 6/17/2005
*chuckles* An excellent story. It's refreshing to see something like this. And I'll fulfill my part of the bargain tonight. ;)