Reviews for Keitaro: The Hater Of Women
Lord Mortensen chapter 23 . 7/12
could you consider update this story? you have you have 9 years without update this story?
Dragonjek chapter 22 . 4/3
""You look terrible, what happened to you?!""
You did, Tsuruko.
Jesus, did she seriously think Motoko would in any way have gotten over being disinherited and told to abandon her entire way of life? Being degraded like she was and treated like trash by her own sister, who isn't exactly a saint herself? I believe her when she said she didn't think of it as a game, but there aren't many ways she could have taken a worse approach to the situation than she did.

Besides which... even if trying to teach someone a lesson about humility, about how you have to be willing to adapt and change, being disinherited from the family like Motoko was is an emotional wound that can't easily be healed nor something that can easily be undone.

She said she understood Motoko, but she never so much as realized that it was her connection to the other girls at Hinata-Sou that made her want to stay there, more than her hatred for men or fear of taking up position as head of Shinmei-ryuu. Was Tsuruko just going to abandon Motoko if she had never taken the first step by heading back home?

Was she conspiring with Haruka behind their backs to arrange things? To force Motoko to see things from a different point of view in the coffee shop and for Haruka to give her that speech, and for Haruka to now teach him to use the Hina Blade-which is the only possible way Keitaro could be anything but a hindrance? Unlike in the manga, this one wouldn't be willing to use himself as a human shield for someone else, much less a girl, much less Motoko. Well, he did run into a fire for Mutsumi and Ayame... who I still can't understand, btw. I know it's been a long time, but would it be at all possible for you to put up a short summary or outline of where you were intending to go with this story, so we can at least see where the characters would have been going from here and have a bit of closure for the fic?

Keitaro with the Hina Blade seems rather... worrisome. He has an awful lot of malice wound up in him that I think the demon in the sword could work with.

Motoko says that she doesn't envy her sister... I can believe that. But I don't know if from what we've read if "inspiring" is the right term for what she feels. She isn't resentful towards her sister for the overwhelming skill and talent she possesses; but whenever there seems to be any comparison between Motoko and Tsuruko, she seems to resent herself for not being able to even cling to her coattails in power.

I really hope that Kanako would arrive soon, although we'll never get to see it. Getting that out in the open-making the tenants see the well-deserved foundations of his misogyny (misogyny is bad, but pretty much everything in his life built up to make him gynophobic)-would finally start putting real foundations on making connections between himself and his tenants. Everything about him is cast in a different light when one looks at his life to this point. For Motoko to see why he's so disgusted with her and women; for Naru to see why he's so rude and distant; for Kitsune to see how he can be as cold as he is; for Suu to... I don't know; for Shinobu to know why her attempts to get close to him fail; for Sarah to... eh... well, Sarah might be the only one who properly gets along with him. Shinobu taking second place in that, then Suu, Naru, and I think the worst relationship would be split between Motoko and Kitsune. Maybe more the latter now, since she appears to have decided to fuck all and screw the rules.

I honestly thought that the first eviction-or situation that should have involved eviction-would have come from Kanako mimicking someone to get them kicked out. I thought she'd have shown up a lot earlier, to be honest, when Kanako found out that Keitaro was in fact at the dorms. It doesn't seem like she's told their mother that the attempted rape claim was false... honestly, I would have liked to see one of the Hinata-Sou residents be the ones to confront Mrs. Urashima.
Dragonjek chapter 20 . 4/3
I wonder what Tsuruko would have done if Motoko HAD committed suicide over what happened.
I hate suicide fics as a whole (not interrupted or failed suicide, I'm fine with that, but a story motivated by a main character killing themselves? Not for me), but I love how it forces people to respond to what their actions did to contribute to that. Guilt and the horror of death prevents characters (although not always RL people...) from hiding from that.
Dragonjek chapter 19 . 4/3
That's several steps harsher than her already shitty behavior from the manga. I'm normally good at reasoning out characters even when we aren't given their perspective on things, but I really can't understand Tsuruko at all.
Dragonjek chapter 1 . 4/3
"As soon as he left the expression on Kanako's face changed from neutral to regret and sadness. It wasn't supposed to turn out this way. I never thought that mother would overreact this way. I'll have to find another way."

"Overreact"?
Sure, she's a terrible mother for favoring one child and not giving the other a chance to defend himself, nor for trying to dig into what happened at all and... all sorts of other things, but since she did believe Kanako-and Kanako wanted her mother to believe her-that isn't entirely overreaction. Disowning a son who tried to rape his sister isn't strange. Although everyone involved with this is obviously awful, in the scenario Kanako was creating that _was_ an appropriate resolution (if it had actually happened).

Either Kanako genuinely doesn't get the stigma against incest (as compared to just ignoring it), doesn't get the seriousness of rape, or she doesn't understand the protectiveness of a parent (for a child they actually give a damn about, at least).
soggy noodle chapter 18 . 2/9
Greatly disappointed; Keitaro likes being dominated despite his past?

That really killed it for me - it's too out of the character that you've built - he should be incensed with Tsuruko's temerity of being touchy-feely, not enthralled with it.
soggy noodle chapter 3 . 2/8
He could've already booted Motoko out on assault. I don't see why didn't - it would've got his point across about not taking any guff from the opposite sex.
roaringogre chapter 1 . 12/18/2017
Does anyone still have the outline? message me if you do.
SilentSnowLeopardNinja chapter 20 . 3/13/2017
Boooooooooooooo!
That weird roommate is probably his bitch of a sister, and he's all in a flutter for these bitch women. He's probably not going to get public credit for saving the lives of two people before the firemen finally showed up. Apparently these females are still on their devious plan while Keitaro is losing sight of his new self. And it's just...just awful. Why? This feels like a different story now and while there's just a few chapters left...I can't do it. I don't think I can handle the disappointment this cool story has slowly become. Thank you for the enjoyment tho!
SilentSnowLeopardNinja chapter 19 . 3/13/2017
This was full of all kinds of bullshit! What the actual hell?!
SilentSnowLeopardNinja chapter 18 . 3/9/2017
Beginning of the chapter...Motoko is a confirmed idiot. Going on in her head about being independent and never needing a man when that's exactly the opposite of how she's acting. Even as she thinks this she is currently trying to use a man and relying on his mere presence to help her, because she NEEDS him to avoid going home. And then believing that her sister is somehow not aware of her being there or her obvious lie. And then she SOMEHOW thinks that Keitaro doesn't have the right to tell her she can't touch him? Really bitch? Really?
Wait...what happened to Haruka? She just...disappeared.
Also...I'm...I'm kinda for stopping reading this here. He somehow fell for Tsuruko's charm, and while he almost barely recovered he's letting her stay for free...what the actual fuck on that one, and he's not telling Motoko that her sister knows so there's no point in continuing. In fact when he allowed Motoko to continue her lie he said it was up to her that her sister doesn't find out and that it was done once she does and he wouldn't lie for her. And now, now that he knows she's aware he's not ending the farce? I don't give a fuck how confident Tsuruko sounds and acts he should've let Motoko know immediately. He doesn't have to keep pretending just cuz the big sister wants him too and thinks he should! He's AGAIN letting himself be manipulated and used by women! I hate this. I want it to stop and for him to not put up with this shit.
SilentSnowLeopardNinja chapter 17 . 3/9/2017
Keitaro, you fuckin passed highly due to all the hard work you did and it payed off like you hoped and suddenly you're worried you had an unfair advantage by getting help and being tutored by a teacher who could have and probably did tutor other people at any point. Shut the fuck up and continue to work hard and push bitches to the wayside, dammit. I wonder why he doesn't inform the older sister of Motoko's attempt to murder him. Also why did he brush off the elder sister's desire to pay for damages she caused? Don't just fucking assume it won't be a problem! Let that bitch pay! Ok, no. Surely the big sis knows she's lying? And Motoko has a LOT of fucking nerve, so much so that it's astounding. And I don't approve of Keitaro identifying with crazy murder bitch just cuz she feels like a failure similar to himself. Also what team? They don't rely on each other as far as I've seen in here and given his objective outsider perspective when he stays there he shouldn't think so either, liking your dorm mates isn't the same as needing them. Su only bothers anyone when she wants food, entertainment, and the occasional comfort. No one NEEDS anything from her and she supplies nothing for others. Shinobu is painfully shy and timid so she does rely a bit on others for help in social and hostile situations and advice but that hardly happens and she mostly spends her time with Su since they are closest in age, everyone else however relies on her to clean their filthy clothes and keep food in the kitchen and cook all of their meals and sometimes snacks while never helping even when they themselves are doing NOTHING. Naru doesn't really socialize with them, despite her long friendship with Kitsune, focusing on studying and hardly interacting with her housemates other than when it's unavoidable to do so and pushing her judgments on others when she thinks she knows something. Kitsune has been nothing more than a troubling making, gambling, lazy drunk who always does her best to swindle things out of people at every opportunity as well not doing her share of work of anything that requires effort. Despite being a adult she is not responsible, reliable, or helpful and offers nothing like Su. And then there's Motoko, a samurai wannabe who attacks unarmed men (and maybe a few unarmed women) and uses her dorm mates as excuses to attack men when she isn't making up her own, is so focused on training she fails to see the full picture of things and tends to operate in black and white twisted logic making it likely that she's an actual psycho for never seeing what she does wrong and trying to repeat those actions even when it's no longer viable, like reaching for her sword to attack in noncombat situations when she doesn't even have it. She offers muscle and security of sorts to the other girls and unnecessary protection that borders on becoming a menace to the public. But on a whole as an objective observer not apart of their lives as he is they do not need and support each other, nothing has indicated to such a thing. I am most disappointed that he is allowing for her charade to continue and even vaguely ranted a few of his issues to her. Though the second is fine that first...that first is stupid. He's allowing himself to be manipulated and USED by a female again. He's not supposed to let that happen, he's supposed to avoid such occurrences as much as possible. This one chapter is making it feel like this story is deviating from Keitaro's purpose and conviction. I don't like it. Go back to being a woman hater with no exceptions, merely tolerance. It was a refreshing change for me to read in a character. And I don't understand why he's helping her in the end, despite him seemingly wanting to think she's like him she ISN'T, she also doesn't deserve his help in any form, what she deserves is jail time and a visit to a shrink for trying to force him into helping her after the attempts she's made at his life. Has she even given him the money for his clothes yet? He's giving her too many free passes and chances and it's beyond stupid that he's still doing so now. I'mma need him to cut it out.
SilentSnowLeopardNinja chapter 16 . 3/9/2017
That examiner woman can and should be fired. He CAN still report her dammit. For the last incident and this one. I don't understand why he didn't stick up for himself, he let some woman a woman in the wrong even (one who tried to wrong him once before), bully him simply because she's holding a grudge on being called out on her bullshit.
And it is true that no one else will, you had no reason to know that they'd wake you up or even be able to do so, so you're best bet is to rely on yourself, especially after the poor welcome and assault you've received from pretty much all of these females and the repetitive proof that your family isn't worth much of a damn. I hope he passed the test and that bitch woman of an examiner didn't fuck with his results. I still don't understand how she got away with being so fucking cocky about her promotion that she antagonized an examiner with witnesses present.
SilentSnowLeopardNinja chapter 15 . 3/8/2017
He should be far more concerned and punctual about getting the rent money since it's his responsibility and he's a "professional" as he puts it. Did Motoko just walk into the building with her sword and not get in trouble? Did he seriously not take the rent money just cuz she didn't have his replacement suit money? He could've taken it and demanded the rest in a few days. Is Su going to get her foreign money back? And while I'm happy he won the bet why'd he agree to it in the first place? To teach her a lesson? He could have lost. They should have that Kentaro guy pay for damages and report him to authorities for his blatant destruction of business property. Ah, just finished reading the chapter...he is! Awesome! I'm so glad everything came together on that front.
SilentSnowLeopardNinja chapter 14 . 3/8/2017
Kitsune mind your damn business, you can't tell him he can't visit especially since neither of the actual owners has a problem with him. Anyways, Keitaro shouldn't have put up a fuss about getting paid as he properly should have been, he deserved that payment as well as needed it. Hopefully along with this new job/pay arrangement Seta is also paying for Sarah's room and board, school expenses, food expenses, and an allowance for her to get clothes and little things like toys and books and such. Especially since he's claiming to be attempting to be a good guardian now, he'll also need to call and write to her to keep up with her well being and let her know he does care and think about her.