Reviews for Nepenthe
JMbroadwayfan chapter 1 . 1/27/2013
This was so beautifully written, and hardly anyone writes RxC anymore! Please keep writing, you are great at it!
Phosphorescent chapter 1 . 12/5/2012
Beautifully written and characterized. Thank you for sharing it with us!
Opera Cindy chapter 1 . 10/14/2012
Wow...this is brilliant! Fantastic! The way you describe Erik's influence over Christine and the safety she finds in Raoul is so intuitive. I've always been an E/C lover but I really enjoyed how your fic stayed true to the Leroux ending. It acknowledged Christine had feelings for the Phantom but they were just different from the feelings she had for Raoul. I always thought Erik's love for Christine was awesome and incredible but you give an insight of how frightening and overpowering that kind of love can be on another human being. Thank you so much! I enjoyed this immensely!
Christine Daae DE CHAGNY chapter 1 . 2/28/2010
Very good characterization... still R/C and THANK YOU FOR THAt!
journeyintonight chapter 1 . 3/12/2009
One word: Sublime.

I loved it, the contrast between Raoul and Erik. (At last, not simple and simplist bashing but profund analysis. I must say, as much as I *heart* Erik, I loved the Vicomte, more than I already do, and that's really very much! :P )

Christine's reflections were so mature and real. And her singing calming Raoul's nightmares... that really warmed my soul.

I loved it, absolutely loved it. Adding it to my favourites :)
getyourgunready chapter 1 . 12/28/2006
What a lovely story. Definitely going on my favorites.
Helden chapter 1 . 9/27/2006
Very well written. Write more oneshots!

cheers,

Caroline Butler
Phemale chapter 1 . 4/24/2006
I cried while reading this. (My sister thought I was under the influence, but whatever.) This a beautiful, poetic one-shot. Bravo.
Dark Gotham chapter 1 . 3/12/2006
Wow, this story is very well written. I like that Christine is sadden by Erik's death, but it all so seems that she is able to move on with her own life though. Really great story.
RiverofTruth chapter 1 . 12/24/2005
Wow. I know you wrote this a while ago, but I'm reading it on Christmas Eve and I have to say. This is one of the best Christmas presents ever! It was so sweet. I think you captured, not only Raoul and Christine's relationship, but the relationship of Christine and Erik perfectly. Thank you so much!
Gwynevere1 chapter 1 . 11/9/2005
I saw this rec'ed at PFN. This is a greast story. Makes clear *why* Christine is better off with Raoul, without throwing aside her relationship with the Phantom. Thanks.
The Kat Valentine chapter 1 . 9/18/2005
Holy mother of WOW. You are simply brilliant, I loved this story with every ounce of my heart. So brilliant and yet...it made me so sad. Poor Erik...poor, dear, sweet guy. I love it, Bravissima, you brilliant thing!
TQS chapter 1 . 8/30/2005
How...beautiful. How beautiful, and completely void of cliches. This isn't some "Christine feels safe and happy with Raoul but inside burns with mad passion for Erik and is dying inside because she made the wrong decision, oh..." This is original, and I love it. It's so-true. It's exactly what her thoughts would have been. I know Christine could have loved the Phantom and chosen him over the Vicomte, but he drove her away while still keeping a part of her, a part that she didn't understand, with him. I love Raoul (except for the times that I hate him), and I like the idea that he has her heart, and the Phantom has her soul. You've shown just how much he wanted redemption because of her. I love the way you write. You have a miraculous handle on words.
cheri1 chapter 1 . 8/11/2005
i loved this so much! great job! :)
Phantress chapter 1 . 8/11/2005
This is darling! I love this one-shot more then I can express! I love how you write! Just...awwsquish. Raoul and Christine are such an innocent love...and I love how, I think some other reviewer put it as "boyish" you make Raoul. I completly agree...that's part of Raoul's charm.

I love the contrast (again, it's already been said, sorry! but, it's true!) between Christine and Erik. He is dead...and she is alive. Never were truer words spoken with such a versitle meaning.

Just. Yay. There need to be more one-shots like this!

Luff!