Reviews for Bertie’s Birthday Present
MeShelly chapter 1 . 10/18/2009
Eep! Such a sweet little story in a woefully small fandom! And the dialogue was fantastic-you really caught Bertie's tangential sort of rambling, and Jeeves's efficiently eloquent speech. I can easily imagine him smiling his unflappable smile in the background. I adore Bertie's need to make things right for the cat, and how he *gets* it but doesn't really.

Thank you so much for sharing!

Michelle
Kaiser Washington chapter 1 . 9/23/2009
What's remarkable is that the dialogues are exactly the kind you'd expect them to say. :)
graceofnight chapter 1 . 7/7/2009
That was absolutely too cute for words. Good job Jeeves.
Amethystaura chapter 1 . 5/27/2008
Absolutely adorable. I love Bertie, I love Jeeves even more, and I love kittens the best. I'm so glad they're both cat people!
jqln chapter 1 . 1/20/2008
Aw. Fluff in the literal sense. It's adorable.
DreamFeathers chapter 1 . 12/1/2007
*laughing hard*

Well I'll be... I've just had a 12 episodes whole day marathon of Jeeves & Wooster, and i can JUST hear their voices when i read that one. Just splendid i say. Absolutely splendid!

And I wouldn't mind at all of hearing more of your works with Jeeves and Wooster.
Rachel chapter 1 . 8/30/2007
This story made me smile. I love Jeeves and Wooster (Bertie is such a sweetheart - "mentally quite negligible, but with a heart of gold...") My favorite line was: "It's needlessly cruel. Rather like naming a child Eustacia." Nicely done!
Emmylou chapter 1 . 8/26/2007
Ah-ha, spot on for tone and style. Bertie's manner of speaking was damn near perfect. Especially the following:

"It only encourages the sort of bird who’d dump them. He looks about, sees all the urchin kittens, and says to himself, ‘What’s one more?’ I won’t stand for it, Jeeves.”

Which if it was written into the books would not be even alightly out of place. Thanks!
Rose chapter 1 . 7/7/2007
This is the sweetest story I've read in months, and albeit short, is well-written.

Thanks.
EstellaB chapter 1 . 11/12/2006
Utter genius. Utter, utter genius. And you didn't write slash :D
Caethilia Mordon chapter 1 . 7/29/2006
Aie! This was the perfect antidote to having had all my Wodehouse accidentally boxed up and put in the attic. You have Jeeves and Bertie down perfectly.
lucidscreamer chapter 1 . 7/19/2006
This is wonderful! You have their voices, and Wodehouse's style, down pat.
Declaro chapter 1 . 5/30/2006
Aww, Bertie has a cat!

Haha, this is very well done. You hit the nail on the head.
peanuts107 chapter 1 . 5/29/2006
Aww i can so imagine Bertie with a cat
LucyStag chapter 1 . 5/22/2006
Aw, that was great. Bertie's voice was totally top-notch, some of the best in fic that I have read.

Good job.