Reviews for 15: Party Girl
Agent Five chapter 1 . 7/24/2005
Yup. This is him. The John Tracy of your imagination is just perfect. I love the interplay here and the detail of his character is just stunning. Fabulous. And wonderfully sexy.
darkhelmetj chapter 1 . 6/27/2005
Wonderful? Oh no no no. *This* story is wonderful. The emotions that you've captured, the complex personalities and interactions between John and Penelope - this is wonderful. And brilliant.

What I really admire about your work is how John and Penny really seem to come alive as people. They're not perfect. They sin. They make mistakes, especially Penny, and although their morals are perhaps in the right place in the later stories, they are definately not always good. I think the very last line of the story is the most effective line in the entire piece, because it sums up everything that John has been since his mother died. He can try to make things right, but they are never the same. At the beginning of this I really didn't like Penny, but when you worked in the bit about her estate, it hit a note of sympathy in me. :)

As for the plot itself - it was incredibly entertaining! I loved how they constantly tried to one-up each other, especially when Penny wouldn't believe who he was.

I could keep going on and on forever, but I'll settle with this - wonderful! Can you write another? ;D
mcj chapter 1 . 6/21/2005
Nice work Math girl. Nice work!

Twinkle chapter 1 . 6/20/2005

Apologies for not reviewing before, on any of your other fics, but i was so engrossed in reading and finding out what happened next that the only thing i was capable of was pressing the 'next chapter' button.

I can't begin to explain how fab i think this series is...well rounded plot, cleverly imagined original characters and themes and a fresh take on the Tracy family that works better than i had expected - i'm a little dubious when authors change things so drastically, but you have the talent to pull it off.

I even like how you portrayed John, my favourite character, almost exactly as i see him - a little aloof, withdrawn and capable of far more than anyone suspects, least of all his family - and thats something few people have managed.

Please...update soon!
Opal Girl chapter 1 . 6/18/2005
I can't believe you have me feeling sorry for Penny. Almost.

This really helps explain her relationship with John running throughout your other stories. Too bad we didn't get to hear her opinion of Gordon and Alan. Of course they weren't there, but still it would be interesting to hear her description of them.
Tikatu chapter 1 . 6/18/2005
Woo Hoo! Your Penelope went a sight farther than mine did! Very riveting story! I love the way that she has a weakness in John; and how he seems to get to whatever she's after before she does and how she makes the assumption that he's the 'competition'. Interesting and I can see why it decided it had to stand on it's own. Kudos, girl!