Reviews for Decision
Silivren Tinu chapter 8 . 5/8/2007
Hi! :) It's always great to see an update of you! I have to say I was really relieved when I 'heard' the verdict. *hugs dwarf* Thranduil has really learned a lot since the beginning of this story.

I liked all the humour you managed to squeeze into this chapter in spite of the serious situation, I guess Thranduil will be mighty glad to get out of those robes. ;-) There are obviously downsides to being a king.

Of course I loved Legolas speaking up for his friend and doing all he could to help Gimli. I enjoyed this chapter very much!

Tinu :)
The Queen of Confusion chapter 8 . 5/8/2007
Wow this is a great story! This is true for any two races. Is this story compleate or is there more? If there is I ope to see the next chapter soon.

Nieriel Raina chapter 8 . 5/7/2007
OMG! You updated! I thought you had abandoned this! SO nice to see a new chapter. *grin*

I must say all the details of Thranduil's getting dressed and having to 'adjust' things just right was quite amusing. I nearly fell out of my seat with his belt problem. *grin* I think all this attention to detail built the tension very nicely.

The actual trial was very well thought out and described. My only complaint was I am not aware of there being a problem with dwarves in Gondolin. Did you mean Menegroth in Doriath? When the dwarves killed King Thingol? I'm not as up to date on Gondolin as I should be considering Glory is my favorite character, but I just don't remember dwarves having anything to do with the fall of Gondolin. Maglor betrayed his uncle, King Turgon, giving away the location of the hidden city and Morgoth sent balrogs to destroy it. Also, Gondolin was a Noldorin City, whereas Menegroth was Sindarin. The dwarves killed Thingol to get the Silmaril back. Oropher was from Doriath.

The end of this was very well done. I like how you played out the politics in this. And of course the decision was fantastic!

Thanks for sharing! I look forward to more!

Nieriel Raina chapter 1 . 9/22/2006
Somehow I didn't review each chapter! I just wanted to tell you this is a great story & I hope you update it soon! I loved every chapter!

Silivren Tinu chapter 7 . 5/16/2006
Alright, I think I can declare officially now that I like Thranduil. *g* He obviously really had a change of heart and it is good to see that his relationship to his son is improving as well. I did not think it possible that he would go so far to promise to even free Gimli when his people are against it. Though I'm a bit worried about that probable punishment... I wonder whether the elves will be able to learn and leave their prejudices behind. Once again I loved all the scenes between Legolas and Gimli - the friendship, how you describe the both of them, the dialogue... I'm glad their circumstances have improved somewhat. Even if they are still sitting in the dungeons they are at least together, dressed (*g*) and have had something to eat. I can picture them so well, each of them pretending to sleep for the other's sake. ;-) I loved that chapter and am looking forward to the next! :)

Nieriel Raina chapter 6 . 5/8/2006
Oh my! He sent Legolas to the dungeon too! I understand his reasoning, I guess. It also seems like Thranduil is trying to be fair. I'm glad. But it also seems he is going to show favortism now by taking food & drink to Legolas. hmm. I am interested to see what happens next. This was a great follow up chapter. The tension is still high. Update soon!
Go Outside chapter 6 . 5/8/2006
This is a great story! Poor Gimli, it appeared as though he might have actually been considered welcome for a moment and then he accidently kills an elf. Your writing is wonderful and I am really enjoying your story, hope to hear more soon and thanks!
Silivren Tinu chapter 6 . 5/8/2006
Let's see... Gimli is in the dungeons now, Legolas has ended up there, too, the evidence is gone... You are really making me nervous! I wonder how they will ever get out of this mess. At least Thranduil seems to try hard to be fair, though I am not exactly happy that he placed his own son into the dungeons! I can understand his reasons, but I still do not like it. It seems he is the only one who can save Gimli now, though I don't know how. I loved your descriptions of both Gimli and Legolas in this chapter and the subtle interactions between them. You have a beautiful way to describe their friendship. I still love this story and am very much looking forward to the next part! :)

UnnamedElement chapter 5 . 4/1/2006
Wow, that was, how shall I say it, unexpected. Put's Gimli and Legolas in a right hard place, I'd imagine, and with no witnesses, well. . . I see some harsh words exchanged and harsh punishments dealt in the future. *insert creepy Trelawny voice here (hoping you know HP and don't think that that was random)* I am throughly enjoying your story and cannot wait to read the next chapter. Cheers- UnnamedElement
Silivren Tinu chapter 5 . 3/28/2006
Oh NO! Well, that was unexpected. It seems things have taken a turn for the worse very quickly. Poor Gimli, and poor elf, what a terrible accident. And the worst is that is *was* Gimli who killed him, though without intention. I wonder how Thranduil will react. It will be hard enough for Gimli to cope with what has happened without being condemned by various elves. I enjoyed this chapter greatly (as usual) and am very much looking forward to the next one! :)
Silivren Tinu chapter 4 . 11/25/2005
I think Legolas' fears are very realistic. I doubt Thranduil will be able to change from one moment to the next. The good thing is that he seems to love his son enough to try. It was really sweet how Gimli tried to uplift his friend's spirits. :) I think they could really need some fresh air now! I enjoyed this chapter very much and am looking forward to the next one!

Tinu :)

(who has once been SmilingDragonGirl and decided to change her penname ;-)
ElvenRyder chapter 4 . 11/22/2005
HAHA oaky it wont that bad now rite soon kay ttly jossy
Arien Laurelin chapter 3 . 8/12/2005
Oh, LOL! I love Gimli. This story is reminding me why I love Gimli so!

This is really wonderful and I can't wait to read more!
ElvenRyder chapter 3 . 8/10/2005
loved it write soon later jossy

sry so short low on time
Silivren Tinu chapter 3 . 8/10/2005
*grins* Well, this discussion between Thranduil and Gimli was sure... interesting.

"If you treat your son right, I might even come to like you, though that may be asking a bit much. But for the Lad’s sake, I will give it a try." Dwarves have such a wonderful feeling for diplomacy! Hehe.

I liked Thranduil in this chapter - it is obvious that he would do almost anything to avoid losing his son. I'm very glad he has given in. He and Gimli could even have a good time together if they manage to overcome their personal/racial dislike. I loved the way they were talking to each other! It was hilarious! "By that time, Legolas had both buried his head in his hands in horror and was fighting not to laugh." Exactly what I was doing! ;-)

I'm looking forward to the next chapter!