Reviews for Fragment of a Lost Poem
Neroli chapter 4 . 7/12/2005
I cried, a lot, while reading this.

I love how you portray Mal and Inara here, not hiding their blemishes or sugar-coating that big obstacle between them. And yet you manage to leave us the hope that they can indeed work things out, evenrually.
jasadin chapter 4 . 7/12/2005
aw so sweet :)
xanya-forever chapter 4 . 7/9/2005
Ek! It's finished! And it was so fantastic that it almost made me cry! Hmm, that's actually a pretty good description for 'Firefly' the series in general, don't you think? Anyway, back to the fic. I totally loved every single part of it! You are a brilliant writer. I was seriously moved by it, and I was over the moon when they finally got it together. I'm practically squealing like the rabid 'shipper I am over here. Only really good writing has that effect on me, so be very proud. I'm so glad you ended it that way! And with Zoe and Was having a little baby (how cute will that kid be? And while we're on that subject, how GORGEOUS would Mal and Inara's kids be?) and Serenity not being sold and everything being so perfect and happy. FANTASTIC! Please write a sequel! Or something. Anything!
xanya-forever chapter 3 . 7/9/2005
Argh, I haven't seen two people more perfect for each other and resisting it more in a long while! Not since Max and Laura on 'SeaChange', in fact, and that four and a half years ago. Anyway, I really enjoyed this chapter, even if Mal and Inara did pull away from each other EVEN MORE than before. Thank God for Simon and his intuition! At least somebody knows what's going on and is prepared to do something about it. Well, I'm about to read the next chapter, so that's exciting. The writing is great, by the way. Did I mention that? Yeah, it's very, very good. Great work!
xanya-forever chapter 2 . 7/9/2005
Argh! After that kiss I need to go and have a long, cold shower! (Actually, I am going to have a shower, but it certainly won't be cold). Anyway, this fic is fantastic! I'm adding it to my favourites list right away, and I"ve only read two chapters so far. That's pretty good work. I'm one of the biggest Mal/Inara 'shippers around, but I require GOOD characterization to make me happy, and this has certainly achieved that. It's one of the best Firefly fics I've ever read! Anyway, I reckon the fact that Mal has such a problem with companions is because he knows his mother was one, and maybe that's also why he's fallen for Inara. I mean, you know how girls apparently always marry someone like their dad? Well, it's probably the same sort of situation. Anyway, you're writing them with such wonderful chemistry and romance, and I absolutely adore that! I can't wait to read the others chapters, so I'm going to have to make my shower as quick as possible. GREAT WORK SO FAR!
LadySmith chapter 4 . 6/28/2005
He smiled at her, raising her hand to his lips. "Couldn't find a buyer. No one appreciates a good Firefly anymore."

Inara smiled back, brushing her fingertips along the hull. "I do."

Oh. *tears* YES.

Utterly breathtakingly perfect. I love being dragged through ALL kinds of angst to an ending like that. Perfect perfect perfect.
sophiedb chapter 4 . 6/28/2005
This is the first Firefly fic I've read, and I really really liked it. Thanks loads for sharing :)
Nautica7mk chapter 4 . 6/28/2005
Aww, thanks, I really needed this. Well written with several twist and turns to get the heart pumpin. Luv it!
Ted Sadler chapter 4 . 6/27/2005
Erudite and succinct, with well-observed characterisations. One of the few stories that is better than the actual series, in my opinion. If there was anything I would have liked to have seen, it would have been a small role for Jayne as a counterpoint to the underlying 'niceness' of the cast you had. But I'm nitpicking. Very well done. Ted
DinaC chapter 4 . 6/20/2005
A lovely, romantic story that follows a believeable storyline. Of course, not in Joss's world! :) He never seems to like to give his couples a happy ending. But that's why we have fanfic, right? Good job! I heartily approve.
trina-k chapter 4 . 6/20/2005
love, love the last line.

and you're welcome. :D

hope to see more of your writing here. good reading material is always welcome.
trina-k chapter 3 . 6/19/2005
oh sweet mama.

how in the world is inara going to survive this?

update.
trina-k chapter 2 . 6/19/2005
oh God sweet angst. there's a reason my mal/inara is my favorite ff ship.

next chapter pretty please.

update.
Tzegha chapter 2 . 6/19/2005
I was so hoping that you would follow up Least Said, Soonest Ended (in fact, I think I demanded it) and you didn't disappoint!

Just so well done, all around. How do I begin pointing out all the things I liked best without quoting you your entire fic?

I like the odd secondary character insights that you could have left out, but with their inclusion, make the story that much richer, acknowledging that the other characters are fully-realized characters.

I love your light touch on Simon and Inara's relationship, Zoe wiping away Mal's tears, the revelation about Wash.

I suppose my only complaints would be: "More!" and the scene where Mal takes Inara to bed seemed rushed. Starting from where Mal takes his suspenders off. Don't get me wrong, I'm not asking for smut (although that's always nice if well done), but the paces leading up to potential smut seemed rushed.

And I know that the emotional journey for Mal and Inara is the focus, but it would be nice (this may just be my Simon-love shining through) if, without giving the escape-plan away, we got to see more of Simon's reaction to what was happening, show how what he is doing is risky, and it may not work, but it's a chance he's willing to take. If it works, it could mean freedom for him, River, and Serenity.

But other than those three minor points, LOVED it!

The end was just perfectly sweepingly romantic, it made me happy, and it wasn't silly or trite or out of character like some happy romantic endings can be. Just the outpouring of emotion... *happy sigh*
earthdrago chapter 1 . 6/19/2005