Reviews for The Materia Hunter
No, you can't leave us here! Just two more chapters and then we won't bother you again.
GirlEnigma chapter 19 . 9/10/2014
I recently re-read your story because I was in need of some good Yuffentine. :) I know it's been a looong time since you've updated, but as you really only need 1 or 2 more chapters to finish the story, I really hope you're still working on them. I would love to finish reading this fic, as would many others. Yuffie is fun to read, and Vincent is opening up finally. I really want to see how you decide to end your story. Anyway, I just wanted to drop you a review to say "please don't give up!" Your fans will be waiting for you next update!
littlemsstrawberry chapter 19 . 9/18/2012
Love it
Alex chapter 2 . 5/28/2012
This is just an amazing story...I have not read a better yuffentine, and I have read many. You are an amazing writer, and I commend your skills.

Please never, ever stop writing.

Your biggest fan-
goodnesssss chapter 2 . 5/28/2012
I LOVE THIS
Felix02 chapter 15 . 4/11/2012
Ah, I just reread this chapter again and it is still sooo funny! I really hope you are alright and not giving up on this story though it has been years. Again, I just want to thank you for what you have written. Yuffie is soo hilarious!
Felix02 chapter 19 . 3/1/2012
This story had me cracking up. I do hope you finish it as you said you only have two chapters left. Also I love the subtle jealousy on Vincent's part, though I could be just imagining things. Lol.
darkmoon1979live.com chapter 19 . 5/10/2011
Please, please, please finish this story! You have such a gift for writing and have made fall in love with the characters all over again. I'll keep checking back.

Thanks so much for posting the story. :-)
BrokenAnzaran chapter 19 . 2/26/2011
You can do it!

Just one more chapeter!

I've been reading this story for the two years it's been around, eagerly awaiting the end!

You can do it!
MinaDeville chapter 19 . 10/7/2009
Best YuffiexVinnie I've read until now. Keep going and Update soon n_n
Mina-Chan chapter 19 . 8/27/2009
Please update soon! I really love your story! :D
Lori-Mae Vernon chapter 1 . 7/5/2009
the story is good! relax! and it's freaking halarious too!
VarelliaNoel chapter 19 . 7/3/2009
Well, I read this story a long time ago, and just recently found it again. I STILL love it! Great job, and I can't wait for the rest.

WV
darkmoon1979bellsouth.net chapter 19 . 6/19/2009
Very well done.

I have to say that when I stumbled across this story last year, I found it engaging and amusing. It started off a bit silly, but it made me laugh. I truly needed those laughs at the time and would often read your fic aloud to my roommates after I got home from work. It was my opinion that the writing itself needed improvement but I like the style and characterization a great deal.

Now I've read the new additions to your story. Your writing skills have greatly improved and I'm glad to see that the style and characterization hasn't changed. You've made the story dynamic, made the characters grow and mature in different ways. It could even be said that the progression of your writing is indicative that.

Congratulations. I'm chomping at the bit to read more, lol, and to see your further evolution in the writer's craft.

Just so you know, I've recommended this fanfic to others. I'll be back to see you finish this piece, even if it takes another year or more to do it.

That being said, I suppose it's time to get into the actual critique. Lol, not that I can say a great deal that isn't complementary. As I've said, you've already improved a lot.

I love your portrayal of Vincent. In a lot of fanfics, he's either too silent, too cold, too talkative, or too, well, whiny, I guess. I like that you've found a real balance for his attitudes and behaviors. Keep up the good work!

Yuffie. Fun-loving, serious in her goals, a teen growing into womanhood without even thinking about it. I like the weighty issues you have her dealing with. It shows maturation, responsibility, depth. She knows what's important, deep inside, and works hard to make Vincent understand what she does. She's a friend first where he's concerned, no matter what else she may feel for him. That loyalty is beautifully portrayed, and its even enhanced by her stumbles, flails, misconceptions, and jokes. It's a sterling quality and you've done an outstanding job in polishing it until it shines.

It's nice to see that the use of exclamation points has been reduced in the newer chapters. Whether or not you intended it to be this way, it does serve as an indicator of Yuffie's development as a character. Chapter 1 versus Chapter 19 hyperactive, niave, and overtly somewhat self-centered Yuffie versus determined, understanding (even if it's a struggle), and overtly caring Yuffie.

Lol, okay, apparently I love the characters' development to the point where I can't seem to get past that. Sorry. :-)

I do wonder, though, if you're looking to write an original novel of your own. I'd be interested in reading it. I like your writing style and love your characterization. I'd really like to see what you'd do with some of your own material.
chibivinnie chapter 19 . 6/14/2009