Reviews for Winning State
Cupid's Bride chapter 1 . 7/1/2005
Your fic was well said! I just joined my school's marching band my senior year here in Jersey and I wish I started from freshman year. :) There's nothing like the feeling of accomplishing goals. :)
MomentsofThePast chapter 1 . 6/29/2005
Hm, this was in Dallas? -thinks- I am/was a freshman when we went to our marching competition, but no one told me what was going on except that we had to do our routine on the field... I hated that field... Gr... The grass was too slick and fake... Anyway, we got a One and some type of trophy for the A division - I didn't pay much attention. Yet, we were one of the only (if not the only) true military marching band there... -shrugs- Anyways, good story!
SeraphStar chapter 1 . 6/25/2005
This was such a terrific piece on achieving things you've worked hard for. I know what standing on that field and taking first place feels like. It's one of the best feelings in the world. And you put it to words so wonderfully. So, from one band geek to another, thanks.
music4life2009 chapter 1 . 6/22/2005
Nice, I am in marching band.

The cheer for my school is How are your feet? Together and at the end the drum majors would say Eyes!

with pride

Eyes?

with pride

That's just my school though.

Nice story anyway

on our last competion it was the best all year. but we didn't do to well in the standings.

Class AA 5th out of 6 bands.

later
ShinyK chapter 1 . 6/22/2005
Wow, I can't wait until this day! That's awesome for yall though. Great job!

ShinyK
cphs tbone chapter 1 . 6/21/2005
uhm... sorry, but i'm confused. was this for the UIL state competition? because CPHS won state at that. I'm not sure which competition this is for... could you enlighten me?
Arizona Thunder chapter 1 . 6/20/2005
This was truly a great story. You put a lot of emotion into it, and it shows. Your wording is very good and puts a clear image in my mind as to what is happening.

However, there is a painful amount of spelling and punctuational errors. First and foremost, the word "State" in your title is misspelled, which gives off a really bad start and often keeps people from reading your story. At some points, the quotations have errors in them, as in misplaced commas and uncapitalized words that should be. One sentance in particular bothered me. Where it says, "Yeah, accept for the losers, I thought," the word is except instead of accept. I understand these mistakes, but please fix them before posting! May I reccommend getting a beta? A beta is someone who checks over a story for grammatical and spelling errors. It saves a lot of greif and energy! If you're interested, feel free to e-mail me and I will give you a few names.

Overall, this is a pretty good story!