Reviews for Pitfalls of the Palantir
Death-Within-Me chapter 26 . 2/3
Alright. Haleth is a good and developed character. However, Inglor is just flat out horrible and Gary-stu though I can be wrong considering I am not that far in your Inglor/Haleth fanfics.

But seriously, I cringe every time I read the parts where the women are always chasing and asslicking Inglor. We human women are not THAT pathetic no matter how perfect, gorgeous or sparkling the trophy elf is I hope you realized. I don't ever remember any scenes in Tolkien's work where mortal women are worshipping the elves and they even appear completely indifferent to them.
Borys68 chapter 10 . 8/29/2013
["She accused me of being very happy and called me all kinds of names. Haleth, do humans actually do that with their mothers?"]
LOL!
Borys
Mellon chapter 36 . 7/25/2013
It was indeed a very entertaining story. I'm very sad that I've read it all, but it was wonderful while it lasted.
KatiKates chapter 2 . 12/15/2012
I've read this story a few times, it never gets old!

One of the many lines that just crack me up is,
"The wind gently ruffled his hair, then thought better of it and set it back in its usual perfect position." Love it!

Great job with this story! I love it!
koba chapter 5 . 9/1/2012
I had jst found your sequel and had to start from the beginning . Orange tang, the drink of star sailors and astronauts. Very cute!
Glory Bee chapter 6 . 7/22/2012
Inglor's conversation just makes me smile, his mild sarcasm is a big hit with me. :)
Lilo chapter 36 . 4/26/2012
Totally loved it ...One of my favorites...Have you read In the house of Elrond?(of Aeawen )Also a her work and yours stories about Inglor and Haleth. Please keep on...
Freezeazy chapter 36 . 12/4/2010
So does he love her back or not? AAAH! XD
The Lauderdale chapter 36 . 10/17/2010
Hail Lalaeth:

I was reading this story preparatory to tackling "Til Death Do Us Part" for the MEFAs. It's a good thing I wasn't eating peas or I would have sent them flying many times over. From furious mortal staking down oblivious Elf in the path of a lemming migration, to the fabulous bouncing palantir of Amul Sul, this has been a wonderful day of reading. All laughter aside, I came to really care about both Haleth and Inglor. Moments of real poignancy amid the madcap antics made them both rounded and real. I'll be reading "The Finder" now before I finally tackle TDDUP, but I just had to review before I went any further.

Thank you for writing this! It has been way too much fun.
Anonymous chapter 36 . 10/8/2010
Easily the best fan fic I've ever read.
Justified Assassin chapter 36 . 7/25/2010
I adored this story. Your writing is very mature, and it's obvious that you have skill. I loved how the development of the characters lasted all throughout the story, and I loved the fact that the romance developed throughout the whole story as well. Although I desperately wanted Inglor and Haleth's romance to develop further than it did, I'm glad that you didn't end the story with them falling into each others arms and professing their undying love towards each other. Anyway, I've already started reading the sequel to Pitfalls of the Palantir, and I'm having just as much fun reading that as I had reading this one. I anxiously await your updates!
teacalm chapter 36 . 6/15/2010
So thrilled to come across your series. I read, reread, and reread my favorite parts of this story. I love to speculate how Inglor and Haleth are going to end up together. I almost wish that it will be good ending, even in your sequel to this story, but I'll take any ending. Your stories are definitely one of the best written ones in fanfiction. It makes me want to read LOTR and Silmarillion over and over again. Thanks so much for taking the time to write.
Raina Meldamiriel chapter 36 . 8/27/2009
i absolutely loved it and i hope that haleth and inglor end up together. i think they would make a fantastic couple though i do wonder if you where hinting that haleth might be part elf , for although she ages you have made hints like her being able to communicate though mind speak with inglor and theirs something else but i cant remember it right now lol i can hope though lol , i can't wait to read more i hope you do a sequel , in fact i shall go and check now , so if you havent i hope that you consider doing one
WindSurfBabe chapter 36 . 6/22/2009
I have placed this story in my Favourites. How could I not? It is so moving, so funny and bittersweet... I loved the characters you have created, their tempers, flaws and qualities. I loved the interaction between them and, as I read on, I started to feel as though they were not only two creatures from an author's imagination, but also friends of mine. This is why I felt sad when I finished the story; but its place amongst my Favourites will allow me to read it over and over again with the same delight.

I laughed at Inglor's supposed cluelessness and Haleth's stubbornness. I hoped, as I read the last chapter before the epilogue, that she may find the courage to tell him how she feels, and that he might feel the same... But it's just as well that the story ended this way; we can imagine the ending we prefer. I, personally, like to think that Haleth would shout it out in a moment of anger and, after a moment of bewilderment, Inglor would make her understand that he felt the same... But that's just me, a hopeless romantic.

Thank you so much for this story! I wouldn't say that it changed my life, but it certainly brightened by day, and that's a lot already. Thank you, thank you!

Windsurfbabe
bronsautracks chapter 5 . 2/20/2009
hahaha. it's also made for astronauts. :) and chimpanzees.