Reviews for Something More
crimsontears82684 chapter 14 . 3/25/2014
Love Slayers! Havent gotten around to reading the manga or novels yet but Ive wacthed all the anime. This was a great set if intertwined stories. I want to read Law of the Land now. With this being 9ish years old I hope the follow up is completed as well.
AlexanderMugetsu chapter 7 . 12/22/2013
Well that proposal went fast.
CornflowerBlue chapter 14 . 10/7/2013
I promised a bulk review at the end of the story, so here it is.

I can't say that this is one of my favorites (amongst all those you've written so far) but I truly did enjoy this story. I loved the relaxed but sincere and inevitable build-up between Gourry and Lina, and I actually can't imagine them going any other way. They've been friends and partners for far too long that any inexact mushiness between them would seem like a formula for disaster. Everything between them, up to Gourry's unexpected proposition, up to the impromptu marriage was just right. I love how you introduced Lina's family as well, characters improvised nicely - her parents, and even her sister, though I imagined Luna to be more ruthless. The interaction between them all was hilarious. Hahah. The fight scene needs spice, but it's okay since I gathered that you were focusing more on the character and plot development rather than the action.

Again, I enjoyed this. I am glad I was able to read this. I end my day with a smile. :)
CornflowerBlue chapter 6 . 10/6/2013
Whoaaa. Gourryhot
CornflowerBlue chapter 1 . 10/6/2013
A very promising introduction. Will keep reading for more...then I'll probably given a more cohesive review at the end of it. :)
Ashen Author chapter 8 . 8/22/2013
I like the story, and it's very interesting, but there's a plot hole. Mazoku can't call upon the power of a Mazoku stronger than themselves without dying. That's why Phibrizzo needed Lina to cast the Giga Slave instead of doing it himself, since he'd be dead before he got halfway through the chant. Thus, whoever it was shouldn't have been a Mazoku unless it was Dolphin herself, Dynast, or zellas.
aliendroid chapter 14 . 9/6/2012
Hello! I loved this story. I sat down and read through the entire thing in one sitting and am no moving on to the sequel. Can't wait! I do have one question though. I've searched MediaMiner for the Lemony version of this chapter and I can't find it! I would REALLY like to read about Lina and Gourry's first night. Please tell me how I can find it!
IRAZU chapter 5 . 4/3/2012
HELLO APENAS EMPEZE A LEER Y NO PUDE PARAR, POR ESA RAZON NO COMENTE ANTES, ESPERO TERMINAR AÑANA SOY UNA FANATICA DE ESTE FORO Y YA ME DI LA TAREA DE LEER VARIOS DE TUS FICS, REALMENTE ME ENCANTAN SOBRE TODO COMO NOS RECUERDAS PARTES DE ESTA NOVELA QUE NO PASARON EN LA SERIE PROPIAMENTE, FACINANTE TU ESCRITURA ABARCASTE MUCHOS TEMAS, GOURRY SIGUE TENIENDO ESE TOQUE HERMOSO QUE LO CARACTERIZABA LO CUAL ME ENCANTA, MAÑANA ESPERO TERMINAR Y DARTE MI HUMILDE PUNTO DE VISTA..SALUDOS.. DE ANTEMANO TE DIGO QUE ESTAS AGREGADO EN MIS FAVORITOS.
Luna12 chapter 11 . 6/2/2010
I really loved this battle scene between Luna and Xellos. What a great way to compare their powers in terms of how many degrees removed from their respective deities.
Cat Avatar for the DCG chapter 14 . 8/13/2008
I enjoyed this. It was a fun romp- and one that had good characterization, to boot! You were right that the battle scenes needed a little work, but you are also right that only writing them is going to make them any better.

Thanks for bringing us along on your adventure- it was a good one! And keep up the good work!
Sailor Saru chapter 14 . 9/20/2007
Ah! I just finished this fanfiction last night (when I should have been doing homework, hahaha), and first I'll say that I'm a huge fan of yours! Everyone is so in character and it's so nice to read fanfiction by a person who has also read all of the "secret" information from interviews and whatnot that most people don't know. From reading a few reviews here I can tell that most people question you for it. I nearly died when I got to the "Spot" part because of that interview where Kanzaka said he has a vision of Lina laughing hysterically at Dilgear! I think it's great you managed to include Zel, too.

I also love how you wrote Luna. Overall, I think your characterization of the entire Inverse family was incredibly believable. I read lots of fanfics where Luna is depicted as being completely evil to Lina, which I disagree with, and this was the first time I had read someone's depiction of a battle with her. Personally, I think you wrote battles perfectly. I could just feel the rush and urgency in them.

I wish that the whole "blessed by the Lord of Nightmares" was elaborated on in this fic (I'm not sure if it will be in "Law of the Land," which I promise to read shortly) and the same with the one favor Lina has to do for Gourry.

Ah! I want more. This is a bit depressing! I'm much more of a L/G fan than an A/Z fan, but I'll deal :P

I just wonder what happened to "In the Darkness, Find me?" Did you take that down?

I read your profile - you don't believe it's fair to start works and not finish them. I respect you for that, because nothing makes me sadder then seeing a favorite fanfic pulled, but I would still love to read your work, finished or not! (Or maybe the solution is to finish a story no matter how much writer's block or lack of inspiratoin you have. I'm sure you have many fans besides me who'll help see it to completion!)

Haha, I hope you enjoyed my review :) I hope I didn't sound obnoxious. Sorry if there are any typos since courier font makes them impossible for me to see, haha.
Basiliskos chapter 2 . 6/8/2007
ShabranigdO
Basiliskos chapter 1 . 6/8/2007
just a heads up, "Saillune" is actually spelled "Seyruun"
Reiyuka chapter 14 . 6/6/2006
First of all: Lina's parents rule. Especially her mom. Seriously. XD

Second, I just loved the fic! I loved how you gave way to both romance and a new adventure. If you look at everything that's happened to Lina and co during those five years, I'm stunned that you managed to think of such an interesting new adventure. Very admirable.

Also, the romance part of the story was really lovely. Gave me goosebumps, and although that's not a rare thing, it is to me a sign of a good romance story. I loved it a lot and I'll be sure to read it again, probably multiple times. I'm so happy that you wrote this - it's fabulous indeed!
severed-scythe chapter 14 . 12/17/2005
Abadayargh.

okay, with that out of the way.

hello. I absolutely adore your writing style, you stayed true to the characters and just. E. MARRIED. FINALLY. *way too pleased*

...that is all. D