Reviews for The White Tree
Thorongirl chapter 2 . 6/25/2005
I'm a little behind on this story, but wanted to drop a quick note to say that I enjoyed this chapter. Nicely done. Can't wait to see how they resolve the misunderstanding.
Larner chapter 3 . 6/25/2005
A lovely beginning to what will be a beautiful friendship and partnership, as both recognize the White Tree will bloom again in the Court of the Fountain. Thank you.

(And love the shared vision, too!)
viviana chapter 3 . 6/25/2005
amazing, amazing story! Write another one please.
QueenofFlarmphgal chapter 3 . 6/25/2005
oh yay!

Faramir and Aragorn are going to be friends...how sweet.

I am a little sorry that Faramir didnt' tos a few blows, but i realize that one, Faramir is more honorable and loyal and controlling nthan that, adn two, that doing so would be, well, mean.

But i liked it that Faramir gets visions of Aragorn and his children and that Aragorn can see them too.

And i will now be a fangirl:

open neck! SQUEE!

tanned and weather beaten! YAY!

sorry about that...couldn't control myself.

Anyway, great chapter! Please update soon!
Elenhin chapter 3 . 6/25/2005
That was beutifull, so indescribable beautifull.

The moment when Faramir had the vision and Aragorn saw it as well. It was remarkable, and I thought that I could see it as well.

It has been a wondefull story to read, and I loved how Aragorn declared the punishment of takeing some tea with the king.

At the moment it was dealt I think that it might well have been punishemn for Faramir, but after some time I think that he felt it to be anything else.

It was absolutely delightfull to read.

I thank thee for this gift of it.

Kindest Regards, Elenhin
rs chapter 2 . 6/25/2005
woah, faramir sure is angry. it shows how much he respects his heritage. though he is intimidated by aragorn, his devotion to the white city prevails. can't wait to read the update.

rs
Evenstar Princess chapter 3 . 6/25/2005
YEA! You updated! The White Tree is definately one of my favorite stories on this websight in addition to your Burden of Guilt. Please continue!

For your other story Shadow and Thought, are you using the same pen name? Because i have been looking for it and only found one with the correct title but a different author.
MAEday chapter 3 . 6/25/2005
Thi is a beautiful story, and depicts Faramir and Aragorn's love of their country very well. The King and the Steward are more than warriors, they are men. And, like all men, in order to fight, they must have something to fight for. This fic shows the true spirit of Gondor, as interpreted through the symbol of the White Tree, and the reason why Aragorn and Faramir were willing to fight for their nation.

I love the idea of a new tree being planted and the vision of it growing and blossoming long after Aragorn and Arwen's death. It is a wonderful idea to have the new tree as a sign that Arwen is coming to Aragorn. It gives him hope.

P.S.

I loved it when you showed Faramir being angry to Aragorn! it certainly showed a new side of him, a side that is willing to stand up for what he believes in.
Quickbeam1 chapter 3 . 6/25/2005
A very good story! It offered so much hope and peace for the future.
grumpy chapter 3 . 6/25/2005
very good story. I liked how Aragorn asked Faramir how the tree looked in his dream. Also his punishment of having to have tea with him.
Quickbeam1 chapter 2 . 6/25/2005
It's good to see Faramir riled up and speaking his mind.
Conuiren chapter 3 . 6/25/2005
I liked the way that Aragorn took Faramir to see the new tree, rather than just telling him about it. It was also nice to see the tentative beginnings of a friendship beginning to form.

Don't be too hard on yourself about your depiction of Denethor, after all, even honourable men can do terrible things under the influence of something - in this case the Palantir. Bearing in mind the hideous things that Denethor is sometimes depicted as doing to Faramir, I really don't think you have gone too far.

While I don't personally think that Denethor was violent towards Faramir (perhaps apart from the odd clip around the ear!) I have never disliked how you have described his treatment of Faramir. After all, you have not portrayed him in this way just for the hell of it, but for a reason, in that it has left Faramir extremely shy and reticent with authority figures. I honestly cannot see how Faramir would have been so shy with Aragorn if Denethor had merely been uncaring or apathetic towards him. For me, it would also make it all the more rewarding to read how Faramir finally shakes off the shadows of his past to become the strong character that you are considering a story about.

Anyway, regardless of what I think about the characters, as long as the story is well written - as your fics most certainly are - then that is fine.

So - back to Burden of Guilt - don't leave it too long before you update - I'm getting withdrawal symptoms!
Patty chapter 3 . 6/25/2005
Thanks so much for writing this much needed 'fill in' story. As I've said before, the sign for the renewal

of hope needed to be explored much more in fanfic.

I betcha Faramir could plan a beautiful wedding! It's

a nice thought that Aragorn would ask him to do so.
Raksha The Demon chapter 3 . 6/25/2005
A very sweet and refreshing story. I particularly liked Aragorn's telling Faramir he would punish him by making him have tea and honey cakes; and Faramir and Aragorn sharing the vision of the tree blossoming on Arwen and Aragorn and their descendants...
Stoneage Woman chapter 3 . 6/24/2005
I agree with your opinions on Denethor. I was just wondering- does Faramir really have the gift of far sight, or is that your addition?

The only Faramir-Aragorn stories I read are yours, before that I didn't even know the existed, LOL.

This is going on my faves, I think it is well written. Very well written. I especially liked the way Aragorn was tactful about Faramir crying. Got to go now, update Burden of Guilt soon, please!
79 | « Prev Page 1 2 3 4 5 .. Last Next »