Reviews for The White Tree
Ithil-valon chapter 1 . 6/20/2005
Ah, I'm with Pippin! I would have to have Aragorn demonstrate some of that elven massage on me! It's always such a joy to read about Merry and Pippin when they are with the other members of the Fellowship. They sweetness contagious.

It saddens me to think that Arwen would be away from her family until the end of all things. She truly does sacrifice much for her love and, I think, does not always receive the credit she deserves. I'm so glad that you write her in your stories with such humor, love, and understanding.

I look forward to the return of Burden of Guilt.

OT: R, email me, please. The addy I had for you didn't work this weekend
Thorongirl chapter 1 . 6/20/2005
This is an interesting start, though I would really prefer to see more of a "just Aragorn" story from you. (I gather from what you mentioned on the list that just such a story will be forthcoming; I can't wait). I like your writing, but don't find myself quite as drawn to stories featuring an emotionally torn Faramir. Perhaps it's just because I've read a lot of them; I'm not sure why. Anyway, I prefer to read something just a bit different. (Oh yeah, like a *tortured Aragorn* That's SURE different)! Of course, that is only MY opinion and as a writer, it's your choice as to WHAT and WHO you write about. We all know that I'm horribly Aragorn obsessive, so I guess that shouldn't surprise you. By way of actual constructive criticism, just a few things. Your second paragraph is slightly awkward, though easily changed, and there are some minor punctuation and spacing errors. I like your portrayal of the hobbits and I personally like an angsty Aragorn, whether that it totally true to Tolkien's work or not. I've read the books several times and I've seen the movies several times. I don't have a problem with either depiction (though I think that, thanks to Viggo Mortensen, I'm somewhat more fond of *movie* Aragorn. Hey, can I help it)? Anyway, I'll be looking forward to Chapter Two.
Seriously Wrong chapter 1 . 6/20/2005
Sighs, you really do have good writing skills which is why it pains me to point out how much I hate the 'whinification' of Aragorn that has been going on since that silly third movie came out. If you are writing based on the movies, please tell us that in the summary, because this characterization of Aragorn bears no resemblance to the strong, mature man of the books. He never worried about whether Arwen was devoted to him, that promise had been made years before with no turning back. He had far to much to do reordering his country to be moping about being alone.

Sorry, just sad to see a great character reduced to a whiny juvenile.
Aelaer chapter 1 . 6/20/2005
*nods* Huzzah! More stories from you!

Do you have a beta reader? Though I absolutely love the plotline, I notice a LOT of mistakes that can be easily corrected. Or do you run your chapters through Microsoft Word/Works, or even read it over? If you don't, you should. Trust me, it shall make it much better :)

Anyhow, I do look forward to an update! *wonders if this is the story you were talking about on the aragornangst list... I liked what was going to happen to Aragorn ;)*
79 | « Prev Page 1 .. 3 4 5 6