Reviews for Watching and Waiting
D.B. Cooper chapter 20 . 2/18/2009
This is a really good D&DC story. There is so much action gone on here. It's dramatic, suspenseful, and exciting all at the same time! I can't wait for the next chapter.
Bluetiger chapter 22 . 2/7/2009
I like the way that Presto has adapted to the creature within, he no longer seems to be directly opposing it, merely acknowledging it's presence, without surrendering control. It's almost as if they've come to an unspoken understanding, a sort of power sharing agreement, and I find the idea of compromise, in this situation, oddly compelling. :)

I am intrigued by Lorne's warning regarding the Orcs, and the way that you imply that he's speaking from bitter personal experience. O_O

With the seemingly abandoned village, the prowling orcs, the Army of all Good Men, plus the actions of Venger and the Seer in the previous chapters, I get a real sense of some powerful, but unseen hand, moving all the pieces on the board into position, and so far, it seems as if everything is going to plan. :o

Update soon! )
Bluetiger chapter 21 . 10/27/2008
Wow, this was intense, I just loved all the little hints about Vengers past and the delicious overtones of 'Inversion'. _

I particularly liked the way that you chose to write this chapter, concentrating on the thoughts and feelings of the two principle characters, while they watch each other, waiting for the arrival of the Drow. I could almost feel the oppressive power that the mirrors seem be feeding back into the hall, it really helped to set the scene. :o

I am intrigued by Vengers thoughts regarding the Ranger, but I'm glad that he eventually came to realise that the Cavalier is slightly more than a poor second best. I am also curious about Vengers view of the young ones future, but I guess that we will learn more about that soon enough. :)

The ceremony itself was simple, yet powerful. While the way that you implied that maybe Venger had once been in a similar position to the Cavalier himself, added even more depth to his character. As for Eric, well I suppose we will have to see just what the ceremony has done to him (I just hope he hasn't acquired a fetish for collecting hair samples this time around). ;)

In short, I absolutely love this chapter, and just wish I could make this story one of my favourites all over again. :D
Polgara of Erat chapter 21 . 10/27/2008
You spin a lovely tale, as always... I loved this last chapter for the dark atmosphere... and of course poor Eric is still in big trouble...
Mistress Scribbles chapter 20 . 10/20/2008
Hmm now... Naked!Shiny in peril, Veric subtext, Unicorn abuse... so many things to love in this chapter!

Thanks for updating!
Bluetiger chapter 20 . 10/19/2008
It must be a very frustrating life, being an Orc, and probably quite a short one too, still maybe they'll have better luck next time. :D

Poor Eric seems to be in quite a state, which given everything that's happened to him, is perfectly understandable. Even though Venger has rescued him from the Orcs, it looks as though he'll only be able to enjoy a brief respite before things take a further turn for the worse. As much as I admire Venger's soul consuming ritual plans, I think I may have spotted a small snag that he doesn't seem to have taken into consideration. I am starting to wonder if maybe the Seer was a lot smarter than I'd previously given her credit for, hmm. ;)

I see that Sheila seems to have landed on her feet, finding not only Uni, but some old friends aswell. I am curious to learn the identity of this other King that she is being escorted to, and I suspect that she may come to regret not paying more attention to everything that her old friend was saying. :)

Hank's question is perfectly reasonable, and Presto's inability to answer, must seem, from the Ranger's perspective, to be frustratingly deliberate. I guess that Presto is still very much under Venger's thumb, even if the archmage seems to have forgotten all about him for the present. :o
Bluetiger chapter 19 . 10/3/2008
I really enjoyed Sheila's rescue of the mysterious boy, she rarely seems to get to play the hero, and I liked the way that as they escaped, she stopped leading and allowed herself to be led. But I can't help but wonder, just what has happened to Uni, and does she still need rescuing? :o

The part where Hank was concerned for Presto, was actually my favourite part of this chapter, it seems to me that their relationship is probably the least well defined within the group, so anything that touches on that is very welcome. :)

Poor old Venger, he is clearly messing with forces that he can't control. I really liked the way that you described the mirrors as looking like two black, unfathomable eyes, it's quite a potent image. D:

I am now really curious as to exactly what fate Venger has in mind for the Cavalier, and I must confess that I am actually a little disappointed that those poor orcs are probably not now going to be able to have their wicked way the prisoner, they never seem to catch a break do they. :D
Jennyvre Moss chapter 18 . 8/26/2008
i'm quite confused, but extremely intrigued

this is really good...like your other D&D fics

keep writing
Bluetiger chapter 18 . 8/6/2008
I just love this story, it's got some lovely dark and sinister touches. )

I am intigued by Dungeonmaster's visions, and what they mean, especially the last part, hmm. :)

Oh, and thanks for thinking of the orcs, it's nice to see them finally having a bit of fun for a change, lol.

Update soon! :)
D.B. Cooper chapter 18 . 8/6/2008
Wow, everybody is in trouble! Big-Time! Speak about suspense! Even Dungeon Master can't see how this one will play out.
Bunny1 chapter 17 . 4/9/2008
Oh, my... this story is so intense... can't wait for more!
Joshrandom chapter 17 . 1/26/2008
I am really enjoying this fic and I hope that you are also enjoying writing it (so that I can look forward to more updates). I am still unclear what it was that the Seer took from Eric, and what happened to it when Venger destroyed her, but I guess it will all become clear in future chapters. Update soon :)
Mistress Scribbles chapter 16 . 11/6/2007
Oh yeah - DM. I'd forgotten about him!

Interesting mention of the 'someone'... a new Big Bad? No-Name? Hmm.

Still no Nekkid!Eric though. Bum.
waiting4more chapter 15 . 10/31/2007
This is a really good story. Please don't stop it here. I understand if you get sidetracked by other ideas. But please don't put this story on hold any longer, it rocks!
Allronix chapter 1 . 7/24/2007
Ice frakking cold! If there's one thing 80's cartoon fanfic has in common, it's a nasty streak. I've been absorbed in this since I stumbled on it last night and almost went until 5AM reading it. A more detailed review will have to wait until it's all finished and I can weigh it all in context. What struck me as particularly bone-chilling was the inter-cutting in chapter 8 between the two "rapes" and the lovemaking gone horribly wrong.