Reviews for Harry Potter and the Soul of the Serpent
missgsmith51 chapter 15 . 4/21
This is the saddest story I've read in a long, long time. I'm not sure yet how I feel about it. I guess I'll have to think about it a bit.
missgsmith51 chapter 13 . 4/21
Sometimes I wonder if Dumbledore realizes how ridiculous he sounds. One minute he berates Harry for using dark spells, and the next minute he tells Harry he MUST kill Voldemort. Mixed messages, anyone?

Dumbledore doesn't like to kill, so he pushes those chores off onto others, thinking he has no blood on his hands. But I wonder how many Order members have died in both wars because he made sure they used stunners rather than more lethal or injurious spells. How many dead Aurors and Order members would still be alive if they had used Reductors or Blugeoning hexes instead of stunners?

As to Harry's comments about Love ... Dumbledore doesn't listen. He may hear Harry talking, but he doesn't really listen to what he says. If he did, he would never have sent Harry back to the Dursleys after his first year. But he doesn't want to know about Harry's loveless life, because it means he screwed up. He is the one responsible for what Harry has become ... or feels he has become. He has demanded the impossible from Harrry, and he has failed to give him the tools to achieve it. Harry is right ... He is on his own. He has lost the will to go on, and I think it is Dumbledore's fault. JM2K.
missgsmith51 chapter 12 . 4/21
Hm. It seems like almost dying has been good for Snape. My favorite part of the chapter was when Snape took points from Malfoy. My second favorite was when Malfoy plowed into the ground on the Quidditch pitch. Good times ...

It's interesting that Harry has found out about soul magic. Too bad he doesn't know about all of the Horcruxes. (Then again, do we yet? Your story was published right around the time that HBP was released - possibly before it - so did you even know about the Horcruxes yet? Just curious.)

It's sad to think of someone barely seventeen writing a will and anticipating his death. It's sadder still to think that Dumbledore has done basically nothing to prepare Harry to face Voldemort, preferring to believe some Deus ex machina of Love is going to miraculously deliver them all from Voldemort's plan for the magical world. In Harry's shoes, I would be planning how to make Dumbledore pay, once the Voldemort Problem was resolved. And, yes, I realize that might have to include a visit from beyond on my part. Sadly, Dumbledore would deserve it.
missgsmith51 chapter 9 . 4/21
Poor Katie. It IS dangerous for her - dangerous to be Snape's daughter, dangerous to be Harry's friend, dangerous to be in Slytherin.

I think Ron probably means well enough, but he can have no concept of what Harry has endured or how it has changed him. He seems to expect Harry to just pick up his life where he left off, as if nothing happened to rob him of that year.
missgsmith51 chapter 8 . 4/21
For the life of me, I will never understand why Harry would want to be an Auror. All he has done since entering the Wizarding world is dodge danger and fight for his life. Then, since the Dursleys were murdered, his interactions with Aurors has been mostly negative. In his place, I would be sick of everything connected with Aurors. Oh, well ... what do I know, anyway? Honestly, I think being a teacher would be a better career for Harry. JM2K.

Usually Harry likes the twins and finds comfort in their presence. I wonder why not this time. I don't know what happened with Ron and Hermione, but it sounds as if he doesn't want to see them at all. Is it the feeling that they betrayed him, or is he just dreading getting the third degree from Hermione ... or both? He does need to keep in mind that he did confess to the murders under Veritaserum - even if he was being possessed or Imperiused or however it was done - so it is natural that kids his age would accept that he really was guilty.

I confess that I instantly assumed that Lucius had committed the murders with Harry's wand - which also accounted for the reason he was so Johnny-on-the-spot when Harry returned home to find the Dursleys dead. Again, JM2K.
LandlessLord chapter 15 . 4/4
I think and it may be sad but maybe not, that it's the ending I expected in canon the double death I mean. It had always been the perfect ending in my eyes, like yin and yang (when there is dark there is always light and when there is light there is also dark).
HealingRose2 chapter 3 . 11/24/2015
Wow umm okay. Everything happened so fast
XxElementalStormxX chapter 1 . 11/24/2015
Hmmm
Sailor Pandabear chapter 15 . 8/29/2015
nice
darkness-has-eyes chapter 15 . 8/2/2015
That was beautiful...
I'm gonna go cry now. TwT
Guest chapter 15 . 7/14/2015
this genuinly made me cry, and few authors have managed that. well done
Daughter.Of.Eos chapter 15 . 7/14/2015
Amazing! Sad, but amazing! :)
Strikeman chapter 15 . 6/26/2015
*cries*
random girl chapter 1 . 3/20/2015
Interesting start, but you have one mistake that I saw. Near the middle after Harry says "Fine! I'll leave then," you say that Harry grabbed his wand, but then later he asked himself how he could be so stupid as to leave without his wand.
avatar junkman chapter 15 . 1/24/2015