Reviews for Better Angels
BlackRyuji chapter 10 . 5/3
You don't even know how much I love Mrs. Potter (and Evelyn is a really good name).
UnicornMist chapter 11 . 3/31
I was honestly moved to tears by your story- it is shocking that we live in a world where slavery still exists. Although this is a work of fiction, I was reminded that unfortunately some people have no rights to their own lives or bodies and that other people feel entitled to abuse them as they see fit. Thank you for sharing, perhaps one day we will no longer hear true life versions of this story.
savemyunicornclarence chapter 11 . 3/16
This is brilliant. I love it. I love the whole entire idea. Lucius was such a sadistic bastard. It is so easy to make him play villain. I cried for severus. I really did. He was so strong, I really believe he could survive anything. I'm so glad that james convinced the marauders that Severus wasn't snivellus! The description of a plug being pushed into the hole in the dam ... Beautiful.

Those degrading comments about him being less than human made my stomach twist. That's how I know I am reading a brilliant fic, when I get a physical response to what I am reading.

This was very enjoyable because it wasnt macabre with the descriptions of torture and the one whipping scene was thankfully quick. Oh my god, poor severus! His reactions to everything was very in character while fitting the AU. it was a sad foc, but it was balanced out by lily and james. Love them. Love severus. Love this fic.
GrinningCat chapter 11 . 10/29/2015
Merlin's sagging b...
I'm not sure if I should be angry with you or not. Angry because you made feel at times titillated by Severus's humiliation and how ugly does that make me? That part where his suffering is a plot device for protagonist's moral growth is ugly too, you know. But you balanced it pretty well by giving S half of the stage time. Potter's sr. backstory was important too; without it, the Potters behaviour towards Snape would be an insulting complacency, an empty gesture for the sake of the reader (to show what "good guys" they are). This way, it feels true and I'm fine with the ending. But I still choose to believe that somewhere in the future they manage to lift the geas from Severus! My poor baby!
Blubule chapter 11 . 8/10/2015
Great fic, I loved it! I would love to read the sequel :)
Blubule (i'm sorry if I made mistakes i'm french)
Rowling's Daughter chapter 11 . 7/17/2015
RGN chapter 11 . 7/16/2015
Wow, very well done! I really like your story (though I was slightly squicked out - as you probably intended).
Raeshi chapter 11 . 7/13/2015
Great story, I really like his you wrote James and Severus. I'm wishing there was a sequel.
HPMARIE chapter 11 . 1/3/2015
I really like this story
jamester56 chapter 11 . 9/9/2014
I loved the characterization in this piece. It was very nice to see growth in the characters, as well. Bravo!
Lavonya chapter 1 . 5/6/2014
Poor Sev... Sick bastards!
Tam83 chapter 11 . 4/22/2014
hi ! I'm French and i don't speak english very well so i'm sorry for my bad english. I was reading your story and i just say you that it's a good story and i love it. I don't understand somestimes because i'm not speak good english but i understand your story more or less and i love it :) Thanks :)
AntiSocialBookWorm chapter 11 . 3/24/2014
I want a sequel! I want a Snames romance yoai sequel!
DevilsDarkKitsune chapter 11 . 2/22/2014
Absolutely brilliant piece of work!
Shiba-san chapter 11 . 1/25/2014
Great story! I wish you'd write more to it though!