Reviews for Better Angels
ShadowBallad chapter 10 . 12/10/2006
Ai ai ai. If I didn't hate Lucius enough already, I loathe him entirely now! :D Such a bastard. Arrogant prig...I can go on all day. You did an excellent job making him so...despicable! :)

I love Snape's interactions with Madam Pomfrey. She's like a surrogate mother to him; it's nice he has someone who can comfort him and help him through all his troubles. And it's good he's learning that the Potters are of a different ilk than the Malfoys - thank God for that, eh? :D

Thanks for the update - it's great stuff. :)

Cheers,

Ballad
FFTI3 chapter 10 . 12/10/2006
aw...that was really sad *whimpers* Do update soon!
NoxSomnium chapter 10 . 12/10/2006
UPDATE IS EARLY! UPDATE IS EARLY! I haven't read it yet but I'm just SO HAPPY! I know it's wonderful. *squeak*
fancyspinner chapter 10 . 12/10/2006
"This is so awesome. It's heartrending. Makes you ache for Sev and even james as his view of the life is torn apart.
fancyspinner chapter 8 . 12/10/2006
Poor Severus! So now he and James are b onding over lucius lol v good. I really enjoy this story. Where can I find the Multi faceted awards? Is it too late to vote?
fancyspinner chapter 4 . 12/10/2006
This is a very interesting idea. I like that you're showihng Jame's maturity and wonder how AUish things will get now. I mean you've defused the situation with the shreaking shack so that won't happen. Hell, Sev can even work on the wolfbain ppotion to help Remus and if you are going to pair Sev up with a marauder eventually I'd like to see it be with Sirius for several reasons. First, its notdone often enough and Pre Harry AU's are rare and it would be fun to explore that kind of future. Also, Sirius never had the chance nor the time to really grow up and he and Sev are strangely similar and watching a relationship develop would be loads of fun and suposition. I'm not telling you what or how to write just sharing my ideas. lol if you need more drop me a line.
KentouKurige chapter 10 . 12/9/2006
AW! *cries pitifully and basically smothers 'Fei (her cat) with a too-tight hug out of a desire to hug Severus* Poor Snape! Please write another update soon, I wanna know what happens, cause I'm gonna be depressed and sad for Sevvie until I know he's getting better! *cries into the now limp and purring cat's neck (he's weird... hug him to hard, he struggles, keep hold for longer than a minute and he goes limp, starts head-butt hugging you, and purrs happily)* This story is so sad and cute so far... Please update soon!

~Shouri the KentouKurige~
GoldenRat chapter 10 . 12/9/2006
Poor Snape, even now he has to suffer.
Slightly Sinister Sinestra chapter 10 . 12/9/2006
Every time a read a chapter of this story, I have to swallow down a lump in my throat. And this one ... I had to pause halfway to keep from crying. Please, don't stop writing, okay?
mywayornoway chapter 10 . 12/9/2006
Great emotional chapter.
Teleenflinx chapter 10 . 12/9/2006
This part was well worth the wait - some sections brought tears to my eyes. I'll be looking forward to the next part with the same enthusiasm as this one, perhaps more since this one was so very good. This story just keeps getting better and better and I'm anxious to see where you go with it!
excessivelyperky chapter 10 . 12/9/2006
It looks like breaking, but it's really healing going on with Snape now.

And with James. He'll probably have to break a chair or two over Sirius Black's head, of course, just to get the dog's attention about the new regime, and of course Peter will go along with whatever the others want. (One way James might put it to Sirius-'he belongs to me, and he always will. Don't mess with my stuff. And just think of all the cool stuff we can pull when we have a potions nerd working for us, instead of against us.'). Excellent chapter-very good.
whitehound chapter 10 . 12/9/2006
I don't normally review this because it's kind of weird, reviewing something I beta for: but I just wanted to say, publicly, that I love the way you've developed the Potters senior.

Ben is so sensible and steady, thinking of little things - making sure the handcuffs are padded so Snape won't damage his hands if he falls, that the area is sterilised so he won't get an infection in his wounds; telling him what he needs to hear, that he'll live through it and then it will be over, and allowing him to retrieve some diginity in walking under his own steam, instead of mother-henning him too much.

And Evelyn too is great - kind and concerned about Snape but just that bit irritated at his subservience, which is probably helpful. If she didn't get annoyed by it at all he'd think she wanted him to crawl; if she got angry about it he'd be terrified and not know what he was doing wrong or what he could do that would be right. But that little edge of irritation lets him know she doesn't want him to crawl, without scaring him.

I love Snape in this, too - his desperate and fairly successful attempt to hang on to some dignity, and the fact that even though the whole business of buying him new clothes is so supercharged and significant, at heart he's still a normal teenage male whose tolerance for clothes-shopping extends to three nearly identical black shirts, and no further.

And the fact that all the while poor Snape is expecting that James might rape him, James's reaction to the mere thought of even touching him is Ew...

And - bugger, I proof-read it twice and it looks like I still missed a point where you'd put Mrs Malfoy instead of Mrs Potter. [Hangs head - BAD beta...]
Kathryn Merlin chapter 10 . 12/9/2006
yay! im glad that snape has learned that he can trust the potters and that james as grown up. can't wait for more!
Kehlen chapter 10 . 12/9/2006
This is a fucking good good chapter.

Sorry for the language, but it IS FUCKING GOOD.

I almost cried.