Reviews for Better Angels
frznlights chapter 11 . 12/18/2011
Love how you ended this - wonderfully written story!

... and I just spent the last four hours reading this. oops. XD
halfAsoul chapter 11 . 11/23/2011
wow...now i wanna read more Severus and James! or maybe Remis... or James and Sirius... either way its your fault if im up for another hour!:P

lol thanks for the fic!
Estel chapter 11 . 11/22/2011
Hi,

Your stories are truly great, though I wish that you would write more.

Is there any chance that you will continue with your sequel? I'm sure you would make a lot of people happy...
FlameOfIllumination chapter 10 . 11/12/2011
This is the saddest story I've ever read. I do like the slowly developing maturity of James Potter though!
Obscene Cupcake chapter 10 . 7/21/2011
I am, honest to god, crying right now.

wait, if an athiest says "honest to god" does it count?

anyways, if it weren't for the fact that i promised my aunt i wouldn't stay up till three, i'd so read all night long.
TheShortOne1993 chapter 11 . 7/14/2011
This is mind blowing. It's so good! Usually with these kind of stories they become very ooc but yet were all in character and the story, although slightly au, was very realistically portrayed. This was an incredible read. I love all your characters-well apart from lucius and that idiot of a Peter! Absurdly brilliant job!
Olive chapter 11 . 6/6/2011
I know it is bad manners to read a whole story and only review at the last chapter, but I got so caught up that I couldn't stop myself to review.

This story was amazing and heart wrenching and heart warming all at once. I really liked the social dynamic between the four friends and Severus. Also that you were able to have the angst between Severus and James and Lucius, while still having a believably heterosexual James/Lily subplot. I have never seen someone do that successfully.
fan-freak121 chapter 1 . 3/8/2011
love it.
Story thief chapter 11 . 10/28/2010
Omg omg I loved this story it total rocked i would love it if u kept writing it mabe have sirius and snap come to an understanding? If u don't I can under stand my story is only 2 chapters and it took forever 2 write. Loved your work keep it up!
fan-freak121 chapter 11 . 8/12/2010
Please Please Please do a sequel. Maybe one where after James and Lily Potter where killed and Harry becomes the master
teehee chapter 11 . 6/3/2010
very, very good story and very well written. i was disappointed when it ended but you stopped at a good point. well done.
JoBee 1 chapter 11 . 5/6/2010
Brilliant story. And really sad too - poor Snape! I'm glad it looks like things might be alright now. Anyway, nice job!
emptyword chapter 11 . 4/21/2010
What an incredible story. I love this young, sarcastic slave!Snape you've introduced us to. I love this kindly, wise Madam Pomfrey who reads romance novels and has a gaggle of brothers. I love this brash, self-confident James Potter whose would-be insufferable arrogance is tempered with a resolute sense of morality and unexpected empathy. I love this staid, avuncular Benjamin Potter who is so much the mentor to Snape that Remus Lupin will one day be to Harry Potter. For some reason, the relationship between Benjamin Potter and Snape is what has me truly enthralled. Everything before that seems to have been built up just to establish the grounds for the mentor-pupil dynamics between the two. It might be just me :), but Snape seems to truly come to his own when he's in the lab with Mr. Potter. Or listening to a haunted Mr. Potter talk of his past with a sealed bottle of alcohol hidden away in the shed.

I'm curious where you would go with this storyline, how you see it fits into the canon timeline, what reasons you'd give for Snape joining the Dark Lord and his later hatred of Harry Potter. I'd love a sequel, so I'll definitely be keeping tabs on your website. :)

"I'm sorry," she said. She got out of the chair and sat on the edge of his bed. "I've just heard those words come out of so many angry, sullen, free adolescent mouths. You don't realize it, but you really have come a long way, Severus." - My response to this was, simply, a resounding YES. He has come a very long way, and you've taken your readers along the ride with him.

Thank you for such a fabulous story. I popped over to your blog, read the cute snippet of the sequel, and a couple entries beside. I'll be looking for updates, and in the meantime, best wishes on everything else!
emptyword chapter 10 . 4/21/2010
You write so beautifully. I mean in terms of emotions, of the drama. Er, I mean, the way you've built up Snape's hopes throughout his time with James (he notes it himself when he says he's gotten spoiled in the last few weeks), hinting at the gradual internal change (ie. the Italian boy at the fountain running away from him wouldn't have had such a devastating effect if he hadn't become more aware of a life as a free person and even allowing himself to dream of it), and then having it all crescendo into this last scene, where Snape, the terrified little boy who could find safety only in that small, dark, cramped space he can't be found, can now feel safe on a bed (on a BED) in a relatively foreign house with the maternal Madam Pomfrey reading romance novels at his bedside. What an extraordinary transformation he's gone through. And as cathartic as it is for him to cry into his pillow, I too feel like I can finally let out that breath I've been holding in the whole way through. He's finally...home.
emptyword chapter 9 . 4/21/2010
Quick comment: I loved the scene between Dumbledore and Snape. I can just imagine that relationship evolving into the canon one we're familiar with from the books.

"That is what I usually assume, and I'm usually right."

"There is such a thing as a self-fulfilling prophecy."

"And there is such a thing as preparing for the worst."

"I believe that proverb ends with 'hope for the best,'" Dumbledore pointed out.

"I only remembered the important part."

Suddenly the headmaster broke out into a grin, showing teeth so white and perfect that they couldn't possibly be the originals. "You're rather insuppressibly perverse, aren't you?"

By the time Snape had decided to take that as a compliment, Dumbledore had summoned Snape's own potions text and a cup of tea into Snape's hands.
361 | « Prev Page 1 .. 2 3 4 5 6 7 14 .. Last Next »