Reviews for Red Ink
LadyLindariel chapter 1 . 9/9
Wow ! This was intense! Poor Glorfindel. I had tears reading this. So in your story there never was an Erestor he was just a figment of Glorfindel's imagination. That was a different twist. And I'm assuming Glorfindel was with the group of Elves that was with Celebrian that fateful day she was taken? I really liked this story. Thank-you for sharing it.
A-chaotic-Glorfindel chapter 1 . 8/17
this is sooooooooooooo good but sooooooooooooo sad!
Sixty-four K chapter 1 . 7/1
This is one my favourite stories of yours. I love Glorfindel angst, but this is a very different spin on it.
It's so interesting to see Erestor as a figment of Glorfindel's imagination. Erestor is a very quiet person, and many people don't even know about him(I honestly missed him my first time through the books), but the idea that he's Glorfindel's friend is an enduring one. The idea that he is *only* Glorfindel's friend, however, and an imaginary one at that, is extremely interesting.
I must admit, I've read this story several times before reviewing it today, but I can still remember the fright I felt at reading it the first time. I honestly thought that perhaps Erestor had died, maybe in the orc raid where Celebrian was taken, and Glorfindel was only imagining that he was still alive. "There is no Erestor", however- that made my breath catch in my throat.
Usually, Erestor is portrayed as being a supportive, if unwilling, friend to Glorfindel- at first, it seems, he was just that. Later on, though, it seems as if he's something of a parasite- keeping Glorfindel from recovering, a mental block feeding off of Glorfindel's journey, being the only one who can comfort him.
The whole tone of this story was perfect. Although it was in third person, I still felt like I *was* Glorfindel, trapped in a fearful existence. The descriptive imagery was wonderful as well. My favourite examples of this were "Erestor... had formed himself out of moonlight darkness, and the soft swish of his robes was the whispering of the trees" and "tangled red thoughts" as well as the description of Glorfindel's shattering.
I love this story beyond words can describe- thank you so much for writing this. I am so thankful that Ithiliel Silverquill dared you to do it.
I wish that we could have learned what Glorfindel had been writing under Erestor's influence, but perhaps that's better left up to our imaginations.
BlueberryMuffins76 chapter 1 . 3/17
Oh! I liked this! Schizophrenia is my diagnosis for poor Glorfindel, but I'm relieved that he's on the road to recovery!
Pip the Dark Lord of All chapter 1 . 3/9
This is sad. :'( but well done.
The Mysterious Masked Hunter chapter 1 . 3/9
This made me cry. But it was awesome anyway.
Silenthunder chapter 1 . 1/7
Creepy, but it gives so much depth...
Obsidianglasses chapter 1 . 8/23/2014
I don't even know if you're still here to read this, but I'm going to leave this here anyway.

I'm amazed by how everyone writes Erestor. I mean, how many lines did he get in the book? Three? Even though you have so little information to work with, Erestor is pretty much the same character in every story.

Of course everyone has his/her own Erestor and your story describes mine very well. Not dead or forgotten though, but still very dark.

How I wish I had been here ten years ago. So many good authors have dissapeared, leaving behind these amazing stories. But no hope of new ones...
Wynja2007 chapter 1 . 6/9/2014
Well written. Atmospheric and well-paced and drew me in. Can't think why I've never read you before.
OneSizeFitsAll chapter 1 . 5/26/2014
I have no idea why I'm laughing at this...but I am. Wait a minute, I do know. This is exactly what I told a friend of mine to do with one of her stories (except that it wasn't about Glorfindel and Erestor, and it didn't involve red ink). I'm so mad at you for stealing the idea. But I still really like this story, whish is odd, as I usually don't care for fanfic that isn't humourous. :D
fandommusings chapter 1 . 11/7/2013
Wow. That was impressive. It freaked me out a bit, I sure will be careful the next time I use a red pen. How did you get such a creative idea? You wrote it out so so so so well too. It's just so nightmarish. I can't quite express it.
Princess Parody chapter 1 . 5/31/2013
This story isn't one that you often write, but it is absolutely...beautiful. Amazing. Haunting.

I think you're one of the best writers here and because of your stories, I now appreciate the lesser known elves like Erestor, Glorfindel and Lindir a lot more than I first had. And I'm glad. Thank you :)
Excellent chapter 1 . 5/20/2013
I always get shivers when I read this! It really has this nightmarish quality. My mom hasn't read lotr and she still got a little freaked out after I read it to her. :o
Larisya chapter 1 . 3/29/2013
That...was a little freaky. Haunting. The repetition was a very powerful device here... I loved it, but...what'd he write?
x-Miyako-x chapter 1 . 12/17/2011
ABSOLUTELY BEAUTIFUL! there are no words to describe this accurately. But what did he write? Please tell us?