Reviews for A Journey of Discovery Book One: Pendulum
Jedi Jesi Jiin chapter 13 . 7/17/2014
A lovely story well worth the read. I love ALL of your stories. You are a most accomplished writer, and I always enjoy the adventures you take us readers on. I hope you keep writing, because I cannot wait to see what you come up with next.
Jedi Jesi Jiin chapter 12 . 7/17/2014
"I want a souvenir!" LOL, I love that! And Luke telling Mara she was still in charge! Love it!
Jedi Jesi Jiin chapter 8 . 7/17/2014
I am thoroughly enjoying this, I must say. I love the banter between Mara and Luke. Can't wait to continue. :)
jedilittlebee chapter 13 . 1/25/2014
I love the last couple of sentences. Ties the title of the stories and theme together perfectly. You have a remarkable talent with words!
jedilittlebee chapter 12 . 1/25/2014
Ha ha ha she's female! Sounds just like Lando! Of course she is also beautiful, if a little disheveled and dirty right now. He will have to shove his eyes back in his head when he sees her later! And Luke guiding Chewie to their location, thought you needed a force bond to to that. Or is it just that Luke is much more powerful than most?
jedilittlebee chapter 4 . 1/23/2014
Well technically, he didn't kill her. Remember the med droids saying for reasons they couldn't understand they were losing her? She just lost the will to live. That was Anakin's fault, so if he "killed" her, it was by breaking her heart, not because of the violence on her person. Of course he would have had no way of knowing that, even in the movie...and Palpatine did tell him he had killed her. Whether Palpatine knew the truth or not doesn't matter...it's not like he was above lying; and having Anakin think he was physically responsible for Padme's death served his purpose very well indeed!
I really like the way you are portraying Mara, under these very different circumstances. Very believable. And, Luke is a believable mix of idealism, honor, and a lingering naïveté mixed with a touch more maturity. Great story!
Are you still writing fanfiction at all? I hope so. You are on my list of favorites and I am "following" you just in case. We are probably close to the same age, or I am older. My husband and I were on a date when the first movie, ANH was released in the theaters. What an epic experience!
JadedOfMara chapter 1 . 12/9/2013
Did you write this? Only I saw the exact same thing on Club Jade...
maesde chapter 13 . 7/5/2013
Awesome story! favourite by far!
CommChatter chapter 13 . 1/27/2013
I liked this a lot. Great job!
Guest chapter 4 . 12/16/2012
you know he wasnt directly responsible
Electricboa chapter 13 . 6/11/2012
This was quite an fascinating story. I've always liked AU stories like this, it does make one wonder how things could have been different. I love the Luke and Mara scenes where they can play off one another. As a huge Palpatine fan, it was especially nice to have him come off a little more manipulative in this than in 'Return of the Jedi,' he actually had a play for turning Luke besides "I'm going to kill your friends, so join me." I can't wait to start the next book. I haven't taken a look at it yet, but I'm kind of hoping that somewhere down the line we'll get Palpatine returning with his clones.

It would be interesting to see an alternate ending for this, though, what if Luke really did give in to Mara and turn to the Dark Side? Would he end up losing her like Vader did Padme, or would they somehow overthrow Vader and Palpatine to become Emperor and Empress?
Jedipilot24 chapter 1 . 6/7/2011
actually Darth Vader is quite capable of being subtle when it suits his purposes. Since you are familiar with the Classic Star Wars comics you should have seen some evidence of that in the Fondor arc. Even better evidence is seen in the Marvel Star Wars comics. Marvel Vader is, IMHO, the best portrayal of Vader I have ever seen. Marvel Vader is a cunning manipulator with a flair for the dramatic and it perfectly captures his portrayal in the films. The Marvel comics also have one of the rare instances of Vader actually losing his temper and raising his voice.

Also read Shadows of the Empire: Vader does not like politics but he is still quite capable of playing the game when necessary.
Anne Camp aka Obi-quiet chapter 7 . 4/25/2011
Thank you for not letting them go all the way! *hug* And keeping it adorable and romantic and...just sweet.

Okay, I may have sounded a little TOO girly there. ;
Anne Camp aka Obi-quiet chapter 3 . 4/25/2011
I'm rather liking Mara and Luke's interaction. It's funny, fun, interesting and quite a lot like I'd imagine they'd be.

I'm kind of disappointed in Palpatine though. He's got a mind on him, and he's an excellent judge of character. He wouldn't have gotten where he did with coming up with half-baked schemes like that...

I'm really hoping you have something better planned.
Caleb Nova chapter 13 . 5/11/2010
'They may not be ready for a romantic alliance just yet, but someday ... someday he was going to grab her when she was at her closest, hold her tight, and never let her swing out away from him again.'

Sooner rather than later, we can hope. Still, this is a vast acceleration over profic. Moving on to the next book...