Reviews for Sometimes Love Just Ain't Enough
Pheonix09 chapter 3 . 6/18/2014
That was awesome, excellent, cute, and amusing, I loved it and nice job
Nica-angel chapter 3 . 11/12/2013
Oh, I just fell in love with this fic. It’s so deep. And amazing. I love to see reversed roles, normally Hatori is the one scolding people (namely Shigure and Ayame), so, it was very nice to see our dear dog scolding him this time. And Yuki. And Momiji. I confess that I was waiting for Tohru and even Kisa to start scolding Hatori, but your way was okay too.

Yuki’s posture was interesting too. It was a little out of character to see him with a so colorful vocabulary, he is more polite, and that language would suit Kyo more… but it was awesome to see him defending Ayame for once. Since I acknowledged the series, I always cheered for them to finally bond. It makes me so frustrated that, in most fics, Ayame never got Yuki’s forgiveness. He deserves it!

I loved to see Ayame’s so unexplored innocence as well. Mostly, writers like to put him as anything but innocent. But his childlike way to act is a type of innocence too. It was well made, and I would like to congratulate you for your good work on this fic.

The only thing I feel the need to, not really “correct” you, but to give you a little advice, from someone that write and read fics for many, many, many years, is about the constant presence of japanese words. Japan is awesome and all, right, but not every fan of Furuba (and any other series) actually know the language. I know it, and it’s a bless, but when I did not, I used to be pretty frustrated when I found entire fics with mixed languages. It’s not too fair to force people to learn it just because it looks cool. It does not. At that time, I just gave up reading a lot of fics because of that. It would be a shame it this happened to this one, because it’s an amazing work.

A glossary doesn’t help too in these cases, mind you. I would not go to the end of a fic every time I found a new japanese word, only to lose where I was reading, the history sequence, as well as a monstrous amount of time.

And please, don’t even try telling me that the readers will learn japanese with this fic. Believe me, if they really wanted it, they would look for japanese classes, or fics written in japanese. That’s why has the language option, after all.

For you to have an idea, English is not my natural language. Portuguese is. I learned Spanish and, sometime after, English, because of the fics. But it was just because I actually chose to do that. I passed long hours, carefully reading words that made no sense to me, until I could at least put some logic on it. I had to deduce most of the words’ sense until I could understand what the fic was talking about. So, I reread it again, now looking into each word on the dictionary. After all this effort, I learned a little more, but was exhausted. It’s a long and tiring process. On many occasions, I read one single fic on an entire week.

Most people aren’t that persistent. So, please, don’t force people to give up reading this only because you want it to look cool. Believe me, it’s already awesome.

I’m serious, this fic is incredible. I really, really loved it. I hope you don’t mind, but I saved it on my PC to read it again later. You are an awesome writer. I cried with Ayame all the time.

Thank you for this amazing work.
Nica
haha chapter 3 . 11/27/2012
now I knew why the tori aya fanfics are not make me happy much. I think tori aya's fans so shy when they come to shonen ai. I'm kurofai's fan(Tsubasa) and their fanfics are more hotter -
DemeRain chapter 3 . 8/30/2012
Thanks for sharing.
marriedtojbiebs chapter 3 . 5/29/2011
I LOVE THIS! And a great setting so Tohru and Kyo aren't in the way.

Just absolutely great.

Kudos!
No Contact Ever chapter 3 . 3/8/2011
i will not forget to review this it's so loving and sweet the ending is wonderful and i like how you put japanese words in it i just die when people do things like that thank you for the entertainment and the teaching!
Tuliharja chapter 3 . 3/21/2010
This was really sweet fic.

Ayame and Hatori make such a sweet couple. I'm happy in the end Hatori made up his mistake and he and Ayame went together. Really sweet.

It was nice you'd translasted in the end your Japanese pharases and other things which wouldn't be so familiar...
PocketxFullxOfxDreams chapter 3 . 12/3/2008
Lovely! This is the first story I've read for this pairing, and I have to say I was impressed! And I'm so glad they got together in the end. It's also nice to hear someone else knows that Momiji is half German. I really liked the scene with Yuki and Ayaa and of course when Hatori Kisses Ayame. Nothing seemed over-done, it can ruin a story so easly when people try to make love scenes too dramatic.
loretta537 chapter 3 . 9/8/2007
this is so good, i wish there was more.
secret25 chapter 3 . 5/18/2007
that was wonderful!
stannie chapter 3 . 8/30/2006
my god i love this! this is SO good!
Katanari chapter 3 . 8/23/2006
Brilliant story! Well done! Are you Japanese or something? Definately one of my favourites!
ayame salo chapter 3 . 8/9/2006
this really made me smile. you should be very proud of yourself for brightening people's days! and the word definations helped me understand when other people say things that i have no clue of the meanings in their fics. arigato!
yAOi-aI lOVer chapter 3 . 7/8/2006
omg that was awesome keep writing!-
HanaTohruShipperMorgan chapter 1 . 5/29/2006
No. I can't read through the fangirl Japanese at all. Look, I'm sorry, but I just can't stomach it.

If you really want to use Japanese in fanfiction, tell me and I'll give you the right word that you're looking for. I hate fangirl Japanese, but I might be able to stomach it if it were actually correct.

Have a nice day!