Reviews for We don't say 'Elves'
T'Reilani chapter 6 . 2/4/2014
Oh dear Eru...I'm literally sitting here crying with laughter. "You can't take these three anywhere without having to go back, apologize, and return the cutlery" - Absolutely priceless! Thank you for making my week!
fantasychica37 chapter 6 . 1/21/2014
This is a brilliant idea! I love someone who knows about the Silm interacting with Silm characters, especially the Feanorians- I would have handled that situation in the exact same way, actually!
Yuki Suou chapter 6 . 4/25/2013
It was funny!
Silvara chapter 6 . 1/20/2013
The OC craft improved visibly from the first chapter to the last, and some moments in the Epilogue were very clever and some other, I'd say brillant. I know it's only a short fanfiction, but if you considered editing the first two chapters, it might really benefit the story as a whole. Thank for bearing with my impulsive comments, and thank for making me laugh so much. Your humor is as sharp as fresh. :)
Silvara chapter 5 . 1/20/2013
Okay, I think I like Jayne a little now. X)
zedille chapter 6 . 1/11/2013
Thank you for the laughs! This was hilarious - such a great look at the different versions of elves. I wouldn't want to meet up with any of Fëanor's family, either, though it was a good thing the class had Jayne there otherwise things would have gone ... badly. Did they ever find their Silmarils, I wonder, or are Fëanor-and-co still wandering around looking for them and wreaking havoc as they go? :D
Guest chapter 4 . 1/9/2013
Damn. It's terribly embarrassing... In my review for chapter three, I mixed err languages. Okay, I'm s***ed up. I'm sorry. That's what I meant:

"Excellent humor in this chapter ! Since the beginning I find the children realist and fun, the teacher rather patient and apparently open minded enough for someone who haven't read Tolkien. Also most of the Eldars are credible enough for all I know. So with all of this, it seems that the following chapter will be very entertaining. I did say I would comment since my first comment was a little harsh, but in this chapter I can only find positive points, so..."

(Arg. I really hope I didn't make the same mistake with chapter four... x_x)
Silvara chapter 4 . 1/9/2013
The humor is still as tasty as ever. I think the problem I had with the woman were the exception after all. It's really fun and easy reading the story. :)
PS: Extra kudos for Elrond nature as an half-elf. It was a little frustrating that Peter Jackson never mentioned that in the movies. It kind of change the very meaning of "homely house". Or at least for me.
Silvara chapter 3 . 1/9/2013
Excellent humour dans ce chapitre ! Je trouve depuis le début les gosses realistes et marrants, la maitresse assez patient et apparement ouverte d'esprit et la plupart des Eldars patients et assez crédibles. Alors tout ca promet des chapitres futurs bien sympatiques. J'ai dit que j'allais pas commenter, mais là c'est juste du positif, alors...
Silvara chapter 2 . 1/8/2013
Sorry, a huge typo in my previous critic: I meant "if you intended to make Jayne a sort of anti-hero, then it could be a reason her for personality. But even then, I doubt Maedhros would refer to her a clever or reasonable person since these two traits are rarely those of anti-heros. That's all.
Silvara chapter 1 . 1/8/2013
I enjoy reading the story because it has 98% correct English and because the happennings are interesting.

On the other end, there are some serious loopholes:
Does Jayne believes in Tolkien's books to the point that seeing Eldars doesn't even makes her blink? How can she tell the other people that they are indeed characters of fiction without caring for being interned?
Has Jayne really just been angry after a poor child because he mixed Tolkien's "elves", brownies and pixies in general?
I don't understand why she taking that kind of things so personally. The problem is that her thoughts makes Jayne sound asocial, if not nut, and it's, at best, very hard for the reader to care for biaised, impatient, /and/ snub characters.
Now, if you intended to make Maedhros a sort of anti-hero out of Jayne, then I would understand the reason for personality. But even then, I doubt would refer to her a clever or reasonable person since these two traits are rarely those of anti-heros.
I think "The /Undying/ Elder Children of Eru Illuvatar" a more correct grammar, but I am not sure.

Since this was much of a hard critic, I won't comment the next chapter unless you tell me you want it.
Aristania chapter 6 . 8/13/2012
Ha! I thought that was hilarious! Seriously, silverware? Those Feanorians are about as funny as they come. Good job (:
Kingsdaughter613 chapter 6 . 8/12/2012
LOL! This is really funny. ZGreat job. I really enjoyed it.
Glory Bee chapter 6 . 6/19/2012
Klepto Curufin returning the Play-doh he had lifted, put me over the edge. lol
Elf from Downunder chapter 6 . 3/14/2012
I must say, this is very funny!

Trust me, I know how Maedhros feels being the eldest ... although I don't have 6 brothers ... anyway, this was so clever, especially Caranthir keeping the guinea pig, and the bus incident! Great story. :)