Reviews for Guardian in the Desert
Pink ranger 13 chapter 1 . 2/9
It's great story
Elenothar chapter 3 . 8/27/2008
Great story! Why don't you continue?
QueenNaberrie chapter 3 . 7/2/2006
Oh please update this soon. This great! :) I always wondered about Obi-Wan's and Luke's relationship before New Hope.
swiftykenobi chapter 3 . 11/8/2005
This is a great story! I love how you tell it, and I love how you portray Obi-Wan. I especially loved the line in chapter 2 "Ah. I have been to what some might call hell." That was perfect.

Fantastic job! Keep going!
ginchy-amanda chapter 1 . 11/7/2005
This is one of my most favorite stories ever. Great job on writing Luke, Owen, Beru, and especially Obi-Wan.
InsaneJediGirl chapter 3 . 11/7/2005
Excellent chapter,good twist and great visuals
Willa Mitty chapter 3 . 11/7/2005
I'm so glad that you haven't given up on this! :)

Now this made me sniffle for a million different reasons.

Great emotional punch at the beginning. As I've said before, it's Obi-Wan that really gets me on Mustafar. Anakin was already gone, but poor Obi-Wan did a lot of suffering, having to do what he had to do. Very sad to think that he'd be haunted by nightmares of it, to have to relive it over and over again.

But very touching in that even though he couldn't save the father from the fire, he could save the son. Maybe that will ease the nightmares some.

I'm also glad to see that lightsaber redeemed somewhat. I can't watch the original trilogy anymore without being turned off by Luke carrying his father's lightsaber (up until Bespin, at least). The darned thing was Vader's blade too, and it was used to purge the Jedi Order. Kind of a screwed up thing to own, don't you think? Glad to see it used to SAVE lives again.

Of course, I guess that's part of the symbolism - Luke losing what he thought of as his honorable Jedi father's lightsaber at the same moment that he lost the illusion that his father had died as an honorable Jedi. But, I digress . . .

I loved it, as usual. :)
Relyan chapter 3 . 11/7/2005
Wonderful story. I love it.
Madame Solo chapter 3 . 11/6/2005
This chapter made me want to cry! I liked it so much though U.U
Sunny2006 chapter 3 . 11/6/2005
I love this story! A very interesting and unique idea..please keep going!
padme17 chapter 2 . 7/18/2005
awesomeness! I'm lovin this story...continue ASAP! poor obi-wan always getting crap from owen!
MJ Mink chapter 1 . 7/17/2005
Very nice. You're showing sides of all the characters that we rarely (or never) see. Hope you plan on adding more vignettes to this series. You write beautifully.
Willa Mitty chapter 2 . 7/16/2005
Nice chapter! I love the interaction between Owen and "Ben" in this. Owen always comes off so harshly in ANH, and sometimes we kind of forget that his reasons for being so unwelcoming to Obi-Wan were merely his attempts to keep Luke safe from the dangerous life his father led. He really did love Luke, he just wasn't necessarily so willing to accept that Luke's path in life couldn't be the simple, safe path that Owen wanted him to take. A wonderful chapter!
InsaneJediGirl chapter 2 . 7/16/2005
Nice like a really awesome box and thoughtful gift :) I like the idea of Obi-Wan visiting Luke instead of being some crazy guy
Katt chapter 1 . 6/24/2005
I'm not sure how deep any interaction Obi-Wan would have with Luke but for this fic, it was perfect and in a way, that's all that matters.

There was the ideal mix of longing, hope and quiet acceptance from both Obi-Wan and Beru. The friends were a great addition and the hidden force lesson was moving and clever.

Keep writing!