Reviews for Epic
Anjion chapter 27 . 2/27/2016
I couldn't stop reading this till I was finished. Truly amazing, thoroughly intriguing, and completely captivating. I love it.
Romione4Life chapter 27 . 7/28/2014
I just stumbled upon this story now, and I'm so glad I didn't scroll past it. It was amazing! I was so intrigued by it that I read through it way too fast and now I'm sad that it's over. But I loved it! Plus I love both Dutchy and Racetrack, so finding a story that featured the two of them was great. I realize that's it's probably way too late now to hope that you'll finish the sequel, but if you ever feel like writing more of it, please do. But anyway, awesome story!
Pegasus M chapter 27 . 12/10/2008
After several late nights, I'm finished. This was an amazing adventure. Your brought so much to life with this - the characters, the settings - an entirely new world! I'm completely in love with your take on these "secondary" characters. But it was also nice to see those old faces again. When Jack and Mush appeared right around the end with all their silliness and loyalty, it was like seeing a friend you hadn't seen in a long time. That says so much to how vividly you captured this world.

Dutchy and Specs! And Kloppman! And Pie Eater - my hero, but such a mystery!

I love how you ended this, too. The retrospective tone was just so fitting, and then that last little jump - like the promise of a new adventure - was fantastic.

You are an amazing writer, and there's no question about it: I'm going to read Amends. I want to know what happened to Swifty and Sofia. I'm guessing that it will have to do with Boots and for that I'm glad!

Bravo!
Pegasus M chapter 21 . 12/10/2008
Wow, that was great. I love the intensity you put into Spot. And he's planning to go back? This I have to hear!
Pegasus M chapter 20 . 12/10/2008
I just reread my last review and realized that I should never type while eating. Obviously I have no coordination and can't do two things at once. So here is what I meant to type:

"You definitely had me at the edge of my seat, silently cheering for Race during the poker game. Yay, Race! In his element! Oh, I love him. I love how *you* write all the characters. I was so happy to see Skittery! But *not* *too* happy to hear his news..."

Yes. I suck, but this story is awesome. I can't even keep track of how many chapters I'm reading!

What? Boots, no! He better come back, or I'll... I'll be very upset!

I'm sorry I'm not giving you much feedback in general, but I need to keep reading!
Pegasus M chapter 19 . 12/10/2008
You definitely had me at the edge of my seat, silently cheering for Race during the poker game. Yay, Race! In his element! Oh, I love him. I love how youw write all the characters. I was so happy to see Skittery! But now to happy to hear his news...

Next chapter!
Pegasus M chapter 15 . 12/9/2008
I think I said one more chapter. Well, it turned into two. And I am so tempted to read the next one, but I'm going to hold off... for a bit.

Spot Conlon? Brooklyn? I don't know why I thought of Mordor while reading about the Dark Brooklyn. Maybe it was a combination of that and the locket. I want to know who took his power! And this ending seems a might shifty to me. "I just hoped that One Lung Pete had a damn good reason for whatever trouble I was about to get myself into." Trouble? He's going to get into trouble? Oh no!
Pegasus M chapter 13 . 12/9/2008
So I'm not done reading this chapter (and I told myself I'd read one, no two, chapters. Here I am on my - I've lost count - but I am seriously hooked). What was I saying? Oh, I'm not done reading this chapter but I just wanted to say YAY BUMLETS. I actually whooped when I read his name. I love, love the little bits about the other members of the Brotherhood - "Skittery, he just attracts trouble no matter what he does, meanwhile Kid goes out on his own to find trouble, and Snoddy, well, that kid’s a mystery anyway.”

Okay, let me go finish reading.

Okay, I'm done. Oh, the buttons! The buttons, of course! ;) Love your description of Pete. And like I started saying before, I love your take on Race. And I am curious about this "her"! How do these ideas and characters come to you? I'm reading one more chapter. And then I really have to get back to work!

Onwards!
Pegasus M chapter 9 . 12/9/2008
This is awful: I have all this work to do and I'm just sitting here thinking, "Next chapter!" Boots' "I spent a month there one night!" was brilliant. Absolutely brilliant. I know I said this already, and it probably won't be the last time, but your writing blows me away. Your descriptions of the settings and the people are amazing. If it were me writing something like this, it would probably come out something like, "Then there was a lady. She had red hair. She started yelling" - obviously sub-par. ;)

I love your Race. And maybe I'll talk more about that in the next review because I want to know what happened with Dutchy and Boots!
Pegasus M chapter 8 . 12/9/2008
You are amazing. How on earth did I not read this earlier? Well, in a way I'm glad I didn't because I don't have to wait for updates (I'm a little impatient...)! Now I can just go at my own pace and read this amazing piece of work. I'm completely in awe of your writing, I hope you know! You make it seem so easy, describing this completely different world. Your words make it so clear to visualize it.

And I totally caught A Maldiçao de Diabo! Hahaha, that was great. And Boots! I wonder what role he'll play? I want to read more, but it's 4am and I need to get up in the morning, ack!
Pegasus M chapter 6 . 12/6/2008
Finally, I'm reading this! But at the worst possible time, when I have all my projects due for class! Every chapter, I told myself, "Okay, last one and then back to work!" But this is just so great. I've never read anything like it and I absolutely love it. Your writing is just amazing. The descriptions, the dialogue - everything was so convincingly real. I'm at a loss for words to describe just how good this is.

I'll definitely be back to read the rest of the story!
Nerikla chapter 1 . 11/4/2007
Kez, I just read this whole thing instead of studying for finals. And can I just tell you that you are BRILLIANT!

I recently read Neverwhere, and I love Philip Pullman, so I was very excited after reading your first author's note.

Throughout this entire story, you managed to give detail without ever overburdening with context. The plotline was incredibly intricate and I am so impressed! You could get this published!

Gyahh. I adore you.
Dice O'Bryan chapter 1 . 9/27/2007
OMFG! Epic is finished, YAY! I love dis story but back when I read it ya didnt have da last few chapters up. I must say im thrilled, u r my HERO! :)
midnight1899 chapter 27 . 8/16/2007
hey, thanx for the shout-out. i didn't have time to read the last four chapters until today. bUt I'm proud of you. This is a great story and you completed in and your working on a sequal. this was definately one olf my favorite stories in fandom and I know I'll klike the sequal better because I love spot and kcan't wait to see the battle. I'll try to review mo re nextg time. Congratulations

Pickle
Bittah chapter 27 . 7/30/2007
Alright.. that was a bit messed up... but you wrapped it up nicely and thank god there is a sequel. I want to see Spot kick some butt! WOTT!

ANd I gotta say.. Pie is certainly .. scary.. in that nice kind of way...

You are a bit random at times. YOu definitely mastered that ending though. Amazing. I just may actually have to start reading the sequel.