Reviews for The Last Hope
Antithesis chapter 1 . 9/20/2007
Hm... an interesting take. I especially liked CATs' line "Frankly, I'm surprised you're even trying." The original creators of the game wished it could sound like this. :)
Evil Riggs chapter 1 . 6/15/2007
Not bad! It always struck me as an impressive chance for a dramatic scene, had the hilarious localization not gotten in the way.
Kernkraft Koenig chapter 1 . 3/19/2006
This is an illustartive amelioration of the imfamous text. I am surprised that the word "base" does not even appear in this story.
Penguin-man chapter 1 . 12/16/2005
... wow... a whole new look on the AYB scene... You realy should take up Sci-Fi writing... because you are truly amazing at it!
Animako chapter 1 . 10/28/2005
It's a very good interpretation of the intro, which has seen more than its share of butchered ingrish and bad fic 'translation' attempts. However, (in case you write anything ZW or AYB related again) I felt that 'CATs' needed to be either all in capitals or with only a capital 'C'. The whole of the text in ZW is in capitals, so I think he would be either/or. In japanese proper nouns are often translated to all caps - like SOLDIER in ff7, for lack of a better example - so CATS/Cats could be either way, I think, but I don't see that it should be CATs.

Enough ramble-y nit-picking-ness...

Well done on a good piece of writing.
secretbison chapter 1 . 9/9/2005
The best of the three attempts I've seen to translate AYB into normal English. I appreciate that you left "For great justice" the way it was. It somehow tied everything together.

As far as possible improvements are concerned, I thought the line "I'm surprised you're even trying" felt a little out of place.
Son-Of-The-Hunter chapter 1 . 8/29/2005
It was good, but you forgot to put the better version of "All your base are belong to us!"
D-chi chapter 1 . 7/13/2005
I strongly commend you 4 writing a non-Engrish Zero Wing fic! I thin ka serious fic was needed. I wrote a short lil Engrish-y fic, but this is cool. (See "All Your Muffin Belong To Us".)