Reviews for Water on a Glass House
rycchan chapter 1 . 5/9/2013
Beautiful story. Well-written of Aoshi's third person omniscient point of view. To be clear, your narrative skills of Aoshi's point of view is incredible. :) Thumbs up for that! xD

Some people just don't understand Aoshi that much and it looks like you do. You're awesome! :D

Great job all in all. Going on my faves list. Thanks for writing!

Ry-chan :D
sirensbane chapter 1 . 6/3/2010
This story has some excellent lines. But it would be a great deal easier to read if you broke it into slightly smaller paragraphs and delineated it better. I had to put it on Word and then manually make separate paragraphs before my mind would stay on the story. That being said, it's excellent. You have a good insight into Aoshi.
BloodyIris16 chapter 1 . 9/19/2006
AWESOME!
Morgane chapter 1 . 6/3/2006
One of the best fics Ive ever read.
messington chapter 1 . 3/28/2006
I loved this so much. I think you really got why, at least why I think, this pairing works. That they can share a bit of their suffering and there's a mutual understanding. It goes beyond the flirting and infatuation that A/Meg's usual pairings have. It's not sudden declaration of love either. It's just a gradual realization, and it's not really verbal. It's all subtle, and that's the hardest thing to do.

I didn't even mind the length, and I'm normally so ADD when I read fics.
Mizamour chapter 1 . 12/31/2005
Oh, wow. That was, singly, the most amazing Oniwabanshu Aoshi/Megumi story I have ever read! Your characterization was perfect, every character - I love your interaction between Hannya (my favorite character) and Aoshi... and everything between Megumi and Aoshi is as beautiful and subtle as a brush of calligraphy on shining wood...beautiful. Truly amazing. This is, truly, the best Aoshi/Megumi story I have ever read. Wow.

I have one suggestion, to get more reviews you may want to break up the story into chapters, submitted individually in chapter form to then people can review each chapter for itself, and won't feel overwhelmed by the whole long epic... but either way, it's worth it... this is wonderful. Truly awesome.
daffybear chapter 1 . 8/15/2005
I came across your story from the A/Meg site "Shrine of Ice And Fire" and as a A/Meg shipper, I am glad to have the chance reading it. The characterization of Aoshi and Megumi is marvalous. I love the subtle interaction between them in the story. They both fit their original personalities flawlessly. And you paced their relationship really well. Their counterpart at Kanryuu's mansion actually ties really well with another A/Meg fic I read not too long ago. This is almost like a prequel of it.

I really enjoy your style of writing. Hopefully there are opportunities to read your other fics in future. Thank you.
Garowyn chapter 1 . 8/11/2005
Just a few grammar/punctuation errors but all in all, I loved this. This line, [He was no prince. Just a fallen, time-trampled knight.], I liked best. Great work!
amanda chapter 1 . 8/2/2005
Gorgeous story :) love it.
surfer sea turtle chapter 1 . 7/25/2005
Wow, this is excellent! I loved the megumi and aoshi interactions!
eriesalia chapter 1 . 7/25/2005
You know how much I love your story and how glad I am you've reposted it. IT has been missed. (So many people asking me about ya. :) )

I hope things are going well. ciao ciao hon!
dumdeedum chapter 1 . 6/28/2005
One word. MAGNIFICENT.
ennov chapter 1 . 6/24/2005
Oh this is soo sweet haha i just the ending hehe i think that megumi and aoshi really look cute together haha keep up the good work and upload it soon..._
Kenta Divina chapter 1 . 6/24/2005
Nice - very nice with great discriptions and insights. A re-release? I think I vaugly remember from before...

I really enjoyed how you linked Kanryu's obsession with the two of them. That poor man, I really feel bad for him, even if he was evil.

I can see Megumi and Aoshi together, but I really don't think they could have a strong romance. They survived so much, and they understand one another, but I think they need someone more unlike, than like, to help them move on.

That and I really like Sano/Megumi stories because they are hilarious together.

I think 'at peace' is the closest to happiness that Aoshi will ever let himself admit. In that way, it's a happy ending :) Wonderful job!