Reviews for An Accomplished Rider
DanaryesIsGoingToBreakTheWheel chapter 1 . 3/19/2010
A great story. Very well written.
sarah chapter 1 . 11/25/2009
Aw this is a cute story!
fantasybookworm08 chapter 1 . 3/11/2009
YAY! I had been hoping for a story of Legolas/Anomen and Arwen, after the mentions of how much she admired him. And this one even exceeded my expectations, it was so cute! Plus, I love horses, so that made it even better, lol. . I think that, so far, this is my favorite of your stories. I love the image of Legolas sewing the horse for Arwen, and how he got her to adopt it as her own. :D Okay, I'll shut up now, lol.
Ilada'Jefiv chapter 1 . 2/4/2008
This was so cute! I really enjoy these short stories about Legolas (Anomen). You did a wonderful job!
farflung chapter 1 . 7/10/2006
As soon as I read about Arwen nagging I knew what was going to happen.

Oh dear her eyes are closed. Not a good sign for an elf.

Such a statement, having centuries to accomplish, learn, observe and grow mentally. Sigh. It is hard to get one's mind around that. It would lead to the most incredible patience I can imagine.

Amonen certainly has all the hallmarks of a youngling who needs love. It is as if every time his father looked at him he said "It is all your fault." Even though the words were never spoken they were there.

Ah 'nomie misses his Roch. Truth to tell I have my teddy bear on the loveseat at the end of my bed. He sits there with DHs that he got when he graduated from college. Mine is the worse for wear. I wonder how much longer he will hold together. So rabbits, bears and oliphaunts are favorites of the elven young. My mommy gave me mine too.

Such a nice description of 'nomie deciding, choosing and then sewing the Roch. As for buttons they would have been very valuable. They were hard to come buy for centuries for men. We take them very much for granted today.

So very clever of 'nomie to be careful in his introduction of Roch to Arwen. Then Glorfindel gets into the act at dinner, then the Stable Master. Psychology is a good tool when used carefully.

Everyone certainly got into the act didn't they. Anomen knows how to rally the troops.

I loved this little tale so much. Maybe because I love horses and used to ride or maybe because it pushes all my buttons. Elflings being sweet and charming, some angst, cleverness, and at the end Gimli/Legolas. And Arwen never forgetting what 'nomie had done for her all those years ago.

Thanx for a sweet but not saccharine tale
Lillz chapter 1 . 5/19/2006
oh, that's brilliant! fantastic story!

xx
Lyn chapter 1 . 1/18/2006
Another excellent story!

I was a litle concerned that Arwen was allowed

to take the toy horse without even asking. She

knew it wasn't hers. I was waiting for Legolas

to give it to her as a gift.

It's a small point, but one shouldn't take

things from others because one thinks one

can take better care of it. Even though it was

obvious that Legolas had outgrown such toys

whereas Arwen was the right age for such, I feel

he should have made the point to her that she

should not grab things she liked and keep them,

and then if she showed she learned that lesson,

make the Roch a gift because he knew she would

take good care of it. That way, she would grow

up to be a gracious lady and not a selfish child.

Sorry to complain. Your stories are the best on the

site!
mystic angel of the tarit chapter 1 . 8/26/2005
cute!
Fluffy's fangirls chapter 1 . 6/26/2005
aww! what a cute story.
dragonfly chapter 1 . 6/25/2005
Clever, clever Anomen. Leave it to him to come up with a way to get Arwen back riding again. And loved how all of Rivendell ended up participating in the 'conspiracy' to get her back on a horse again. Very sweet.
Queen Ally chapter 1 . 6/24/2005
Wow! You are an incredible writer. There are some people who haven't quite been lucky enough to read your remarkable writings.

What would be an honest pleasure is if you joined this site ( s7. ) and posted some of your stories there. I know you shall recieve even MORE recognition there.
CLS chapter 1 . 6/24/2005
Aw... this is such a cute story! I had to go grab my favourite stuffed animal (a cat named Spot) and huggle him! _ How in the world do you get these ideas?

May the seams on your fave toy never split,

CLS
Joee1 chapter 1 . 6/24/2005
Aww, that was a cute story. I like how there was a rumour that it was Arwen and not Glorfindel that went out searching for Frodo. Nice job )
Karri chapter 1 . 6/24/2005
Oh, what a delightful tale! very entertaining, as well as sweet. :-)