Reviews for Tin Star
beyondtired chapter 9 . 8/29/2006
This is such a good story. Please don't leave us hanging long.
gopie chapter 9 . 8/29/2006
eep. tres interesting.
wkmczk chapter 1 . 8/29/2006
I just found this story and immediately put it on story alert! Please update soon!
shirik chapter 9 . 8/28/2006
wow! what an ending! please update soon, tnx!
celestial1 chapter 9 . 8/28/2006
Talk about weird coincidences. I was putting off cooking dinner, reading chapter 4 of *this very story* , when my e-mail told me I had a story alert… (cue Twilight Zone theme)

GAAH! How am I supposed to think about scrambled eggs and biscuits NOW? How am I supposed to SLEEP? Please, please continue to update soon. I’m not good with suspense.

Okay, time to C&P so I can be really specific with my worshipful admiration.

Three desks in the bullpen are empty.

Agents DiNozzo and McGee are on their way to Charlestown, West Virginia, to pay a visit to Stacey Burnett, and Agent Todd is

Yeah, it does always come back to Kate, doesn’t it? I like how you have shown all the major characters thinking about Kate, and probably not realizing that the others are doing it, too.

He hasn’t had a secret this important in a while and hopes that Ziva David keeps her mouth shut. It won’t benefit either of them if she doesn’t. His gut tells him she’ll remain silent on the matter. Or maybe she won’t. *wink*

Maybe another coffee - This is a nice bookend to Tony thinking “Pizza. Focus. Now.” a few chapters back.

“Almost there. We hit some traffic.” Gibbs hears a few expletives and the sound of a horn mooing. The radio is on and he can make out the baseline of some rock ‘n’ roll song.

“You’d better not ‘hit’ any traffic. We don’t have time for a collision.” heh - nice funny bits. Glad to know Tony is feeling better. I also like him saying “I’m driving like the master.” I should get that on a bumper sticker or something, you know, for the minivan.

Mitchell’s been clumsy a lot lately, reminding him of McGee in his early days with the team. He briefly considers toning down the intimidation factor. I love how Gibbs can even scare people who aren’t on his team. I’m sure that is due to Kate’s death.

The whole coffeshop/daugher thing is so hearbreaking… so glad they installed the security cameras…

“Everything gets into your keyboard, Gibbs. You need to use a can of compressed air on them regularly to get out all the bits or you’ll have trouble using the keys down the road.” Yeah, I really need to do that because I am once again eating cookies while I type. I’m sure my keyboard is gross. I love how Abby often interjects these random bits of information into her speech - it’s a very Ducky-like habit, isn’t it?

“No need, sir,” Tony says, unusually subdued. That must be how Gibbs knows something is hinky because Tony *never* calls him ‘sir.’ (Which I’m sure has something to do with his father.)

Hope your wrist feels better soon so you can write some more.

celestial
bethellie chapter 9 . 8/28/2006
Oh my god. That was awesome. Simply superb. You write Gibbs better than I have seen anyone write Gibbs. Seriously...you should be proud.

'Well, that record is broken now, isn’t it, Marine?

Damn.'

That. That was just perfect. Actually I could copy and paste about fifty of them, but you get the idea.

Okay, one more. When I read this: 'These are the facts and he cannot change them' ...I also thought that was incredibly Gibbs. Straight, to the point, relying on the facts Gibbs.

Also loved the bit about Starbucks and him suggesting they get security cameras - that was excellent. Oh, and when he thinks her nametag says 'Kelly' - that was a great, if not sad, moment.

I loved that chapter so so very much. (As if you couldn't tell by now). The end conversation, where Gibbs picks up on Tony's mostly subtle telling him they are in trouble was awesome. And the last line:

'Gibbs is running by the time he reaches the stairs to the parking lot.'

Well, that was perfect. Conveys everything perfectly.

I'll shutup now. But really...Yay. Can't wait for more.
Paulina'sHM chapter 8 . 8/16/2006
I love this story! I like that Kate's in it too. Please u[date soon.

Paulina :-)
bethellie chapter 8 . 8/15/2006
Just read this story from start to what is currently the finish, and I love it. I have to say, the end of chapter...2? Was it chapter 2? Anyway, the bit where Tony had seen Kate and Gibbs was holding him as he cried had me almost crying. This story is really good. You capture the emotion so well. When Tony saw Kate, that whole scene was amazing. Loved it. I'll shutup now. Waiting with held breath for an update...
PKgirl chapter 8 . 8/14/2006
Oh yay, this fic is back! I love the new chapter, from McGee's point of view, especially his thoughts about what Kate was to him. Also, I adore his analysis of his relationship with Tony - pretty spot-on, I reckon. Hope there's more to come soon!
all done chapter 8 . 8/14/2006
I'm glad we got another chapter - I forgot how interesting this was. Hope we get more soon. Love Tony and Gibbs being testy with each other.
beyondtired chapter 8 . 8/13/2006
This is definitely one of the "I can't believe I missed this" stories. The whole thing is just absolutely wonderful and wow am I glad you decided to make it more than a oneshot. I love your Tony in this, the whole talking with Kate thing even though everyone was right there. The part in this chapter with McGee hoping he subconsciously heard Gibbs but got an "Error. You cannot access this file." was too funny.

I will say it again. How the heck did I miss this story and I really hope you are able to update soon.
annie200 chapter 8 . 8/13/2006
Great internal and spoken dialogue in this, Mouse. And i loved the references to Kate and how her death has modified how they all treat each other.
shirik chapter 8 . 8/13/2006
tnx for updating!
Richefic chapter 8 . 8/13/2006
This really has everything going for it. The characterisation is enlightening - the POV thing is hard to pull off but you do it so well - the plot is intriguing - and it has a kind of edge to it that keeps you wondering exactly what is going to happen next. Especially like your mutifacted Tony. Hope the next update will come sooner - but I'm prepared to be patient.
celestial1 chapter 8 . 8/13/2006
YAY! You updated! I'm doing a little happy dance and my husband is looking at me like I'm crazy, because he doesn't understand why a new chapter of Tin Star is such a joyous occasion, which if you ask me is his problem, not mine.

I love that you've written this chapter from McGee's perspective. He largely gets shafted in fanfiction (I'll admit I'm the worst culprit of this) but I think that this chapter would not have worked as well from anyone else's POV. McGee needs to be the observer for Tony and Gibbs' little contest because anyone else wouldn't have truly understood what was going on.

Also, you're doing a really great job of making the *case* interesting. Good writing, plus good characterization, plus an interesting case is a rare enough combination that I must bow to your awesome talent!

"Tim tries not to envision the body dancing to some macabre rhythm in the dark beside the East Potomac River, like a puppet jerking on invisible strings. The image is there nonetheless, a dance in the floodlights provided by NCIS for the show." is my favorite part; I pictured it myself, against my will...
207 | « Prev Page 1 .. 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 .. Last Next »