Reviews for Tin Star
celestial1 chapter 7 . 7/19/2006
Love it! You have transcended the genre of Poor Tony and crafted a really wonderful story. Love Tony’s hallucinations of Grace Kelly. Love how he felt guilty when he said “I’ll live” to Kate. Love how he has mentally categorized all the different smiles he gives to women (and there are at least a hundred of them?) I haven’t seen High Noon but after this story I think I need to get it from the library!

One tiny nitpick for chapter 4: Tony is a tea drinker according to the ep. Bete Noire. (That was such a cute scene, that's why I remembered it.)

Thank you for dressing him in a turtleneck. Thank you thank you thank you, a thousand times thank you.

Your characterization is spot on and your eye for detail is amazing. Please, please finish this one!
Beth chapter 7 . 7/16/2006
Oh wow...just found this story and absolutely love it. Tony seeing Kate like that was so perfect...
don.tcare chapter 7 . 7/6/2006
omg can't wait 'til next chapter is out :D

this story is realy good and intresting.
all done chapter 7 . 7/4/2006
I am loving this story. Why? You are giving us Tony being whumped (can we have some more please?) plus letting us in on the complex creature he is. You can tell that Abby "gets" Tony - Gibbs as well. I love how they "read" him - get passed the "masks" as you state. This is great - written by someone who also gets Tony. Now I wish we could get the actual writers to give us more of the real Tony - or at least more insight.
shirik chapter 7 . 6/27/2006
tnx for updating!
PKgirl chapter 7 . 6/27/2006
Another incredible chapter - I was so excited when I saw the update in my inbox this morning, and I was not disappointed. Especially loved:

This is Tony, she reminds herself. He’d want to hug back and that could make him break. He’d have trouble then.

This is what it should've been like after 'Twilight' - none of that moving-on crap. They should've been hurt and torn apart and not seeing ghosts in Catholic schoolgirl uniforms. That line just captured everything I never saw in the beginning of Season Three (well, 'Kill Ari' anyway). Also, I reckon you got Abby spot on. Stunning chapter; thanks for sharing.
AndyCake chapter 7 . 6/26/2006
Oh, beautifully written as always. I love the way Tony is holding it together, verbalising his worry at having visions of Kate, at the same time as completely losing it.

You have a wonderful handle on all the characters and I just love your style of writing.

Bravo, can't wait for the next installment.
PKgirl chapter 6 . 6/16/2006
Just read this all in one go, and can I just say how wonderful it is? Your description is so vivid - the whole passage about the Potomac - Dulles airport is as far into Washington as I've ever been, yet I felt I knew the city intimately. Your insight into Tony's mind is everything I wish they'd had after Kate's death. And post-'Twilight' appearances by Kate that don't involve bizarro costumes and bullet holes? You can't get much better than that. I especially enjoyed Tony's 'story' about Garvey in this chapter - it was Tony, but not Tony, if that makes sense - once again, Tony as I wish he'd been...all the characters as I wish they'd been after 'Twilight'. Looking forward to another update.
AndyCake chapter 6 . 6/15/2006
I have really loved this fic from the very beginning, when it was just a one-shot. I am so glad you are continuing writing this piece. It's beautifully written. A slightly un-hinged Tony really makes a fantasic centrepoing for a story! Your charactrisation is awesome. Well done!
RT4ever chapter 6 . 6/15/2006
As always a great story from you. I would comment more, but at the moment I'm too amused by the pizza at the end of the last chapter. Since Sunday morning following a particularly rough night-morning, I was going, "Mommy can you bring me home pizza after church." It is truly a cure-all. Great minds and all that stuff... :-P
antoine chapter 6 . 6/15/2006
Guh. *_* Love the chapter. I can't say more - I'm too incoherent at the moment, but yay... great chapter.
archteri chapter 5 . 5/14/2006
I love intelligent, well-written stories and I would definitely say this qualified. Geography of DC, history of the cherry trees, mythology, crime statistics, and above that, an interesting story. Wow. I do hope you are prolific. With the amount of detail you put into each chapter, I'm betting its quality over quantity. Just so long as you keep writing. This is excellent. Thanks so much for sharing.

Teri
shirik chapter 5 . 5/13/2006
what a surprise! i didn't think he'll be the dead one! please update soon. tnx
shirik chapter 3 . 5/13/2006
good progress good tention!
shirik chapter 2 . 5/13/2006
wow! excellent chapter! very tauchy!
207 | « Prev Page 1 .. 8 9 10 11 12 13 .. Last Next »