Reviews for Tin Star
AmILeo chapter 1 . 11/22/2008
Hey great start!
cymraes chapter 13 . 11/21/2008
very much enjoyed reading this
cymraes chapter 12 . 11/21/2008
I liked that Magnum ep very much, ref works perefctly here
cymraes chapter 11 . 11/21/2008
'He yanks one end free and wraps it once around her chest and several times around the ring, tying it off. On shore, the people trying to help are being dragged by the strength of the river.'

oh, priorities indeed
cymraes chapter 10 . 11/21/2008
'He has to at least get McGee home to his family for Christmas and ideally, be able to test the mistletoe again himself at the staff party.'

I like the understated, humourous way of showing his priorities.

Again, did not expect the ending, eep! really
cymraes chapter 9 . 11/21/2008
'Gibbs frowns. Mitchell’s been clumsy a lot lately, reminding him of McGee in his early days with the team. He briefly considers toning down the intimidation factor.'

that made me smile and I very much liked the character insight from the coffee shop

you totally got me with the end of this chp, did not see it coming
cymraes chapter 8 . 11/21/2008
'But he still fights back when Tony pushes and defends his position admirably, he thinks. If he were totally accepting of the abuse it wouldn’t work at all. That isn’t part of the exercise. He might not like the process of being a ‘Probie’ but he knows it is a necessary step to becoming a good agent.'

I like this
cymraes chapter 7 . 11/21/2008
'He looks up at her then and she sees the mask slip ever so slightly. “Okay?”

Abby has an overwhelming urge to hug him and try to soothe the pain in those glazed green eyes but knows that at this very moment, he probably couldn’t take her touch. This is Tony, she reminds herself. He’d want to hug back and that could make him break. He’d have trouble then.'

very much liked this part
cymraes chapter 5 . 11/21/2008
very much liked the introspection as Tony ran
cymraes chapter 4 . 11/21/2008
like the McGee, Tony relationship portrayed here
cymraes chapter 2 . 11/21/2008
followed a rec after a google search, like your presentation of the characters
evil Jy chapter 13 . 10/25/2008
Brilliant story! Amazingly in character for everyone. I can easily believe this case been taken from an actual NCIS episode just with an extra dash of insight on the thoughts and motivations of the team. Of course it helps that Tony seeing Kate's ghost is canon but I loved the ways you had the team react when they figured out he wasn't talking to them but Kate instead.

The way you worked High Noon into the story (or the story around High Noon) worked very well, too. Also all the details you added here and there, from the DC area (which I just have to believe you since I've never been there) to Tony's continuing references to shows/movies. Btw. when Tony called the three "girls" Charlie's Angels my first thought was of the original series as well - and I'm even younger than Tony is. You just can't beat the classics. ;)

Thank you for writing this (and continuing after the first chapter) and sharing it with the rest of us! *sends virtual cookies*
Princess Nat chapter 13 . 10/24/2008
Wow, excellent story. It was nice to see how the team was (or wasn't) dealing with the loss of Kate. And I really loved the way Tony was able to put the pieces together about the case. Sure was a surprise about Mitch, though! Good job. Thanks for sharing. :-)
Laura-trekkie chapter 13 . 10/22/2008
Great ending. I'm glad Tony, Tim and Katie are all going to be okay and that the bad guys all got dealt with- even if Mitch's fate was harsher than he deserved. I liked Gibbs' quiet praise and Tim getting those numbers for Tony :).
Laura-trekkie chapter 12 . 10/21/2008
Nick of time indeed! Great job with Tony's wandering mind- it's quite understandable that his sanity would be flailing as much as his arms, yet there were still flashes of Special Agent Anthony DiNozzo there in his determination and his thoughts about Katie, McGee and the fate of the bad guys. Hopefully the Coast Guard picked up McGee already and Katie was pulled to safety easily once Tony let go.

Gibbs is going to be *so* angry at this stunt, yet I think he'll also be very proud, too.
207 | « Prev Page 1 .. 2 3 4 5 6 13 .. Last Next »