Reviews for Tin Star
Laura-trekkie chapter 11 . 10/21/2008
Well, that was certainly very dramatic! There really didn't seem to be any other option, but it looks like Tony and Tim could quite easily do the bad guys' work for them!
Laura-trekkie chapter 10 . 10/21/2008
Oh, not good, not good! Is Gibbs going to get there in time? Can Tony and/or Tim possibly pull something out of their hat in their condition?
Laura-trekkie chapter 9 . 10/21/2008
I liked the scene with Gibbs in the coffee shop and his reminiscences of earlier visits. I'm sure all the staff would quickly learn what his order was!

Still, that's kinda overshadowed by the trouble Tony and Tim have got themselves into! Hopefully back up, and more importantly, Gibbs, will get there soon.
Laura-trekkie chapter 8 . 10/21/2008
And again, great trip into the psyche of one of our team. I liked McGee's view on things, how he understands Tony's teasing and why he does it, even enjoys it to some extent. I liked that he considers Tony his friend, despite outward appearences sometimes. And I liked his thoughts on Gibbs and how he was difficult to understand.
Laura-trekkie chapter 7 . 10/21/2008
I like this chapter. It was great to get Abby's take on Tony and, to a lesser degree, McGee and Gibbs. It was also nice to see their friendship; how they can tease and flirt, but Abby also respects Tony enough that she didn't keep asking about Kate when he asked her not to.

I wonder what Ducky's found that needs everyone to head to autopsy?
Laura-trekkie chapter 6 . 10/21/2008
I'm not sure that's the best way to go about discovering clues, Tony! It was entertaining, until he started hallucinating, of course, but it was also bittersweet with Kate there. I liked how the team rallied round when he was ill, though.
Laura-trekkie chapter 5 . 10/21/2008
Well, that was a turn up! What will this mean for the case?
Laura-trekkie chapter 4 . 10/21/2008
I liked the dynamic between Tony and McGee, and then Tony and Abby- the teasing and taunting, the flirting, but how they all know it's done in friendship.

So, have they just found Rossi? Will Tony wish he'd taken more than the pills McGee had on him before too much longer?
tejas chapter 13 . 10/21/2008
Oh, nice! I saw this recced on Live Journal. I don't usually care much for first person, but you've done it so very well! Too often it feels artificial, but you managed to capture the immediacy of the moments in the way only well-done first person can manage. Brovo!

(And that's MY favorite Magnum episode, too. Tony's got good taste. ;-)

Love the use of High Noon. I can see Tony identifying with Kane, even without his own Grace Kelly. :-)

And Kate. *sigh* Ah, Kate. Lovely use of her; still deviling Tony even if only in his own mind. ;-)

Quick crit - stop here if you don't want to see it (but it's not bad - loved the story ;-). There were a couple of continuity problems that leaped out at me, but nothing you couldn't easily edit, if you were so a-mind. ;-) In the Gibbs' section, when he's at his desk, before going for coffee, the paragraph about him working on his boat makes it look like he's *there* instead of in the office. Hard to tell if you were intending for him to be wishing he was there instead of at the office or if the location changed as you wrote (hate it when I do that, myself). Second, when Tony first wakes from his black and white High Noon dream with Kate, it's dark when the flashlight blinds him, but then it's 10 in the morning without any added unconsciousness.

I know you'd said this was unbetaed, but these were the *only* things that I found jarring and they look easy to fix, if you feel the desire.

Excellent story! Thanks!
Laura-trekkie chapter 3 . 10/21/2008
Glad to see Tony up and about. Even his frustration is a good sign, because it means he's almost better and raring to go. I'm glad that Katie stopped by, but not so glad that the big bad is still at large.
Laura-trekkie chapter 2 . 10/21/2008
Aww, poor Tony. It was nice to see Kate again, even if she wasn't real, but it wasn't so nice to see the effect of her leaving. I'm glad Gibbs was there to comfort Tony.
Laura-trekkie chapter 1 . 10/21/2008
*eep* Not one of Gibbs more successful plans! But they had limited options, so what else could they have done? Tony just needs to hang in there now the cavalry has finally arrived.
diana teo chapter 13 . 10/20/2008
What can I say that hasn't alraedy been said in all the previous reviews? Ditto details ( every single ,oh-so-consequential word ),ditto descriptions,ditto IC voices,ditto realistic plot,ditto in-depth had me holding my breath each time Tony went underwater .By golly, this is Platinum standard ,and I've read quite a few excellent NCIS fics .Dammit,so go and work for Bellisario already! Thank you for sharing your rare and blessed gift with us and may you write long and prosper.
Denose-o chapter 13 . 10/1/2008
Absolute genius. Great NCIS fic is hard to come by, but wow, I'm quite sure I've found the gold standard right here. Nothin' can top this, great job.
Shrimp chapter 3 . 9/29/2008
I can't get over how much I love how you describe even the minor characters, especially Marcie the social worker. Just . . . the Wal-Mart wardrobe thing, but that Tony obviously doesn't disdain her for that, that he sees her as a good person, still, that you manage to convey somehow a whole lot about Marcie in just the simple feature of her Wal-Mart wardrobe . . .

I find your writing so gorgeous for the true details of it. Things like Katie picking at the embroidered flowers on her shoe. The pointless bits of conversation ("We could be on an island" "I guess that means they're in the water, then") that give it reality. Oh, and the 'feel' of Katie Garvey that makes her an actual child, not some cliche super-sweet-wonderful-genius-miracle-child. And Tony, and his personality, and his love (whatever type of love that may be) for Kate. It's just . . . it's all gorgeous.

Your writing is a delight to read. Something your eyes enjoy, something you chew on as you read it. It's cake. With some authors, you have to struggle through their stuff, or forgive their mistakes and poor form and cliches - you have to read despite it all, and almost hurry through. Your writing is a treat. I dearly wish you wrote in the "real" world, because . . . I keep rereading this story, not only for the occurrences in it, not only for the happenings and such, but for the talented, talented way in which you wrote it.

Haha, anyway - wonderful story, to return to normal review territory. :P
207 | « Prev Page 1 .. 2 3 4 5 6 7 .. Last Next »