Reviews for Tin Star
crokettsgirl chapter 13 . 8/17/2008
This story was so enjoyable, incredible. Your writing is fantastic, the plot terrific. I loved how you wrote Tony especially all drugged up, I always wanted to read a story where he's still got it and can figure things out well, yet drugged and seeing Kate, and letting the conversation go so people know that he's talking to a ghost or imagines he sees her...lol...The thought you wrote for each person was very good, let you see what the person was going through.

The history of the park was interesting too.

I thought this a brilliant story and would have loved to see another chapter or two on how they deal with Tony talking to Kate, the drugs which could have become an addiction with out realizing it. Plus, Katie and where she went and how Tony dealt with it.

I hope you write another story for NCIS with this much thought behind it, maybe a sequel. But I know this was from 2005/2006, but I just got to it now and was so impressed. I love Tony. Oh and the chapter with Abby was so good too...You write so well and again hoping to find another story by you for NCIS, will check your profile to see if you are still writing and have more stories...Sue
bethellie chapter 2 . 4/8/2008
...This chapter still makes me cry, lol.
Silver chapter 13 . 2/23/2008
Great story! I'd go on in detail, but I can't think of anything original when I've stayed up so much later then intended (your fault, clearly...)

One thing about the drowing-then-medical stuff - wikipedia is my friend - so long as you don't randomly surf the medical stuff (some pictures are gross, if you use the random page feature, remember all pics on wikipedia are on the far right and place a hand there)

If you surf for hypothemia info most places, including wikipedia, the basics are agreed on - hands can survive a much lower temp withou *any* permanent damage than the brain can survive *period. Also, chilled heart muscle is fragile. So hands and feet are abandoned by the body first, but should be rescued *last* - otherwise the locally-warmed blood vessels in the hands will allow ice-cold water into the barely-beating heart, thus killing the person.

Heat packs by priorty - neck/armpits tie for first, then crotch, then forehead.

If they need more than that in a place with no ability to provide warm saline or whatnot, someone could have to strip down and hug - skin-temp is perfect for re-warming slow enough to avoid a heart-attack.

Sleep-deprived ramble over, your fault, you translate...
Kateri1 chapter 13 . 2/15/2008
Great story, I really enjoyed it
Harm Marie chapter 13 . 2/1/2008
This was great.
Elithil chapter 13 . 12/8/2007
Wow...this has got to be one of the best stories that I've ever read!

I don't even know what to say. I love how bittersweet it is...with Kate 'showing up'...

The scene with Tony in the river was really nerve-wracking and I love his interactions with Katie. And all the absent-minded observations you threw in here. And, of course, I love that Gibbs drove off the rode to avoid pesky speed bumps. And how Charlie's Angels fuss with his blankets and ask him if he's 'warm enough' one after the other and I love Tony getting old :)

You know, I could go on...but I guess you get the general idea and I don't want to repeat myself too often ;)

Last but not least, I want to tell you that I can see why your mother would ask after 'the other girl'.
TheNaggingCube chapter 13 . 11/24/2007
I remember reading the first few chapters of this when it was first posted, then I lost track of it. Now years later I find it all finished. GREAT story telling, wonderful Tony whumping. Love the Gibbs and Tony clashes. The Tony hallucinations of Kate so fitting and worked.

BRAVO!
WBH21C chapter 13 . 10/29/2007
So very well done!
Tacpebs chapter 13 . 5/9/2007
Who! Loved this story! Is there a sequel? More hurt Tony? Ah! I really liked it!
Petitejam chapter 13 . 5/8/2007
I honestly feel there should be an extended chapter after all this action packed excitment! And Tony should get to angst abit more! This has been an absolutely fabulous story btw and I think i read somewhere that this was you first NCIS right? *scratches head..err I think* Well even if it isn't it was very well written. I liked how you did the perspectives from everyone but it was IC not odd. And of course Tony being the main POV. I'm an angst whore so all angsty bits i rejoiced in. Loved all the Kate scenes ;; bet it just freaked everyone else out whenever that happened. Interesting plot line with Katie Garvey. The mole was a nice twist. The drowning thing was done very well might I add. Not that i've ever had the experience of drowning in freezing waters but yeah. Seems bloody realistic to me. Liked that Ellie was Aussie (just because I am). The interaction with McGee was fun to read too. Wish there was more TonyGibbs (whichever way platonic or not, either is good) just because the whole bonding thing totally rocks. Any chance you feel like writing some total tony angst fest? Because i think you'd do a damn good job really plus people would love to read it (and review of course) *wink wink ;;* Glad this was a completed fic! Keep writing doods! This rocketh much! D
Lisa Paris chapter 13 . 3/8/2007
What a great story. Loved it from start to finish. Thank you.
aithreachas chapter 1 . 1/19/2007
Well done...extremely well done. You have a wonderful talent for writing in-depth character beats that provide insight regarding what makes each person tick. If I were a writer I could better tell you how truly impressed I was with your story, but since I am not, you will have to settle for a less than eloquent thank you...thank you very much.
bunny angel chapter 12 . 1/8/2007
hmm, i take it back. i don't know what i was saying the first time. heh. i can't seem to find what i thought was flawed. :)
Obsessed Pam chapter 13 . 12/8/2006
Totally and utterly brilliant. Such a satisfying story - you have excelled!

Pam
Ivy3 chapter 13 . 11/22/2006
Great story! Enough Tony angst to last me for a while, plus his interactions with everyone else were great- especially Kate in the morgue- now that was creepy!
207 | « Prev Page 1 .. 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 .. Last Next »