Reviews for Tin Star
celestial1 chapter 12 . 9/30/2006
Wow Mousie, you've been busy! Where to begin...

With the plague. I'm so glad you managed to work that (her) in there. I'm sure you've noticed, I use the plague a LOT because I think it's something that would have affected Tony deeply on a lot of levels. Physically, at this point. And how appropriate for Plague to be female (because in Bete Noire, which I don't know if you've even seen, we learn that the vampire that haunted little boy Tony was a lady as well... which explains a LOT about Tony).

And of course, Magnum P.I. One of the annoying/endearing quirks of Tony is that in REALLY bad situations, his pop culture references go into overdrive. Here, you've run the gamut from death statistics, to Magnum, Grace Kelly, Freud, The Little Mermaid, Harry Potter, 20,0 Leagues Under the Sea... before bringing it back to his old friend, Herman the Plague. And all that in the fifteen or so minutes that he is bobbing along down the Potomac River.

And how appropriate, for Kate to have given him a cactus. Green - there isn't enough of that in Tony's life - but prickly and hard to kill. How lovely and touching.

"Dangerous Rossi and Crazy Stacey and Mitch the Evil NCIS Mole" That whole line just made me laugh.

Also, I love, love, love the last thing he said before passing out. I am so glad to know that he'll be safe, though it seems like we have a bit more angst to pass through before the story is finished...
kittytrypsin chapter 12 . 9/30/2006
I love to swim but even I was feeling a touch panicky, feeling unable to get enough air into soggy lungs and poor Tony's lungs are already under par from his tango with Herman the Plague. So thank goodness for the Coastguard turning up like the Cavalry but Tony's parting shot surely must have raised a few eyebrows. I hope they don't toss him back into the drink!

Update ASAP, please. Oh, and I still have those warmed blankets waiting for the boys...

Kitty
CripticWolf chapter 11 . 9/26/2006
OMFG this chapter is awesome! holy crap you soo need to update as soon as possible i love this! i cannot wait till the next chapter )
kittytrypsin chapter 11 . 9/25/2006
WOW! From the proverbial frying pan to the fire - okay, out of the way of flying projectiles and now about to either bleed out or drown! At least things look slightly rosier for Katie, UNLESS you've got the bad guys on the other end of that rope!

So now we wait for news of McGee and Tony and they're in a bit of a pickle. I've got the blankets warming if you want to send them my way. Lots of TLC on tap.

Kitty
beyondtired chapter 11 . 9/25/2006
Excellent chapter - love the image of Katie running to Tony. I just hope McGee is okay and that Tony gets out of this alive. So cannot wait for the next chapter.
richiefic chapter 11 . 9/25/2006
Oh wow. Just utterly brillant. What characterisation. What atmosphere. What drama. Loved it. I hope Gibbs will be very very proud of Tony when he rescues him. Because he is going to rescue him, isn't he?
all done chapter 11 . 9/25/2006
Now that is just too evil! You give us another chapter right now :) Please please please.
nikita chapter 11 . 9/25/2006
oh no you did not ! i have waited for this story to cont for so long and now your killing me with ending chapters like this argh please cont
celestial1 chapter 11 . 9/24/2006
My happy dance at seeing a new chapter, quickly turned to shock and even a little bit of horror. I hadn't realized that you were planning to THROW them into the RIVER.

I like the image of McGee as a scarecrow. I can picture his trenchcoat flapping, I've noticed that lots of times on the show. Nice bit of humor in their darkest hour.

"Katie Garvey has been brought to the park but she won’t be offered a chance to play on the swings." You actually pretty much killed me with that line. (And I'd just finished that new story by Rinne. Seriously...)

"He supports her weight easily despite his injuries and holds her shaking body to his chest." Because of COURSE he would. Of course he would want to comfort her, he is Tony DiNozzo (and a little bit Logan Cale, out to make the world a better place). That poor girl is going to need SO much therapy.

“What was she gonna do? Beat you with paperwork?”

Ha! Glad to know his sarcasm bone has not been injured.

And now they're jumping in the water. That can't possibly be good, especially for someone who's recently had the plague...Tony is shot AGAIN (because how could he possibly make it through this without MORE injuries?) and now he's drowning.

Please, PLEASE do us all a favor and update soon!
bethellie chapter 11 . 9/24/2006
GAH! LOL No...can't be left there. That was awesome. So suspenseful and tense and I just knew that water idea could not end perfectly lol.

I loved the line about Katie needing hot chocolate, that was sort of funny at the same time as being dramatic. Hot chocolate, of course lol.

Very noble, if not entirely idiotic thing that Tony just did. Still, maniac driving-across-the-grass Gibbs is on his way, there is hope.
AndyCake chapter 11 . 9/24/2006
Ok Mouse, you know I love this story and I love the anticipation of the next chapter coming up, but after so many heartwrenching chapters, I have finally snapped! I am going to KILL you if you make us wait long for the next installment! :-)

Argh! My god, what a cliffhanger...You have ratcheted the tension up on this story perfectly.

If threats of violence don't work for getting the next chapter out of you quickly, I am also happy to beg.
Fondued Jicama chapter 10 . 9/24/2006
Wow! Man, oh man. I love the gritty feeling mixed with the fantasy-genre feeling inspired by Tony's drugged-induced Kate. You have such a knack for dialogue- everything they say fits them so well. I can hear them in my head.

It's funny, sweet, and sad. It makes me remember exactly why I love NCIS so much. Great dynamics. )
Fondued Jicama chapter 2 . 9/23/2006
Man, you made me cry. ) Poor Tony... when Kate got shot, I felt sick. I hate it when you get so attatched to television characters like that... but then again, I guess it's being attatched that makes you love them and really enjoy and learn from TV.
lovethatscifi chapter 1 . 9/17/2006
Great story can't wait for the rest.
AndyCake chapter 10 . 9/10/2006
Wow.

This has always been one of my favourite NCIS fics, even when it was just a one-shot. This chapter is incredible. You have continue to capture ALL the characters so perfectly, I feel as though you should be getting a call from Don Bellisario soon asking you to write for the show.

Beautiful, beautiful, beautiful.