Reviews for Tin Star
all done chapter 10 . 9/10/2006
That was a great chapter - I hope we get the next one soon. Please don't leave us hanging.
TheNaggingCube chapter 10 . 9/9/2006

Betrayl! Gibbs will kill Mitch.
shirik chapter 10 . 9/9/2006
awesome chapter! i really enjoyed reading it! please update soon!tnx
PKgirl chapter 10 . 9/9/2006
Yay - I get so happy when I get an e-mail telling me this fic has been updated. Another stunning chapter - Kate's appearances in ghost form make my heart ache, 'cause I really don't want her to be dead, and Tony obviously doesn't either. And the cliffhanger at the end - I hate cliffhangers, I really do. All the tension and the waiting and stuff makes me nervous. But as cliffhangers go, it was pretty unexpected. Hope there's another update soon!
beyondtired chapter 10 . 9/8/2006
Poor Tony is being put through the wringer and now they have little Katie again. These are not very nice people.

More soon, please. Pretty please?
celestial1 chapter 10 . 9/8/2006
Oh, FFN decided to cooperate tonight. So glad. And I’m happy that I did finally get around to watching ‘High Noon’ last week. In a strange way, I’m glad that Tony is hallucinating again.

His turtleneck, dress pants, shoulder holster - Sig P-229 snugly ensconced - and fine Italian shoes tell him it must be a dream. Turtleneck AND a shoulder holster? Are you trying to KILL me?

He is elated and dismayed that she is here. How sad for Tony, that the only time he gets to see his friend is when he’s in trouble. Also, I love her teasing him about the hat. It reminds me of all the Village People cracks she made in ‘One Shot, One Kill’ (though you may not have seen that one).

“And Rossi is in the Navy and built like a brick poophouse and you and McGee aren’t.”

“Right.” A grin starts in spite of the pain. “I’m solid, though. Abby said so.” Tony is so prideful, of course he would be defensive. I loved Abby’s comments when he was on top of her in ‘Kill Ari.’

Tony wags a finger at her. “Not true. Didn’t you ever see ‘The Ghost and Mrs. Muir’?” What a random movie for Tony to have watched! ;-)

I love the whole clock thing, too. That made me laugh out loud.

Even in his condition, which can charitably be called ‘confused’ That made me laugh, too.

“Did you bring us some hot chocolate, Mitch?” Never coffee or tea or apple cider. Always hot chocolate, even at the Christmas party. Maybe he’s a Mormon. ;-) Or, considering that he’s an evil NCIS mole, maybe not.

And I’m trying not to worry too hard about Katie Garvey. She’ll be okay, right?
bethellie chapter 2 . 9/8/2006
Seeing Celestial having left a comment about chapter 2 made me remember how much I love it myself, I had to go back and read it again. Not sure if I originally left a review of it or not.

That last scene made me cry. I mean sure, I was listening to Hello by Evanescence at the time, and that song is emotional enough anyway, but not many people can make me cry with a story like that. Your words create this perfect image, real and perfectly clear, as if it was in an episode of the show and you are recounting that and I can remember it.

'I’m not a hero. I couldn’t save you. Let me save you now… ' - Seeing her has to be agonising for him, and you capture that, too. Wanting her there, yet knowing she isn't really there, and knowing it never can be real.

I'll shutup now, and try to avoid reading other people's reviews which put ideas in my head, heh.
wkmczk chapter 10 . 9/8/2006
OMG, that was a great chapter.

I loved the conversation between Kate and Tony.

Can't wait for the next chapter and GIBBS!
bethellie chapter 10 . 9/8/2006
Wow. Eep and wow, lol. The whole scene between Kate and Tony at the start was simply brilliant. My favourite parts were:

“DiNozzo meets drywall." - Funny, basically. And of course:

“Not true. Didn’t you ever see ‘The Ghost and Mrs. Muir’?” - I love that movie, so I loved seeing a reference to it, along with all the High Noon stuff, and Tony wearing the Stetson.

'Tony’s heart is pumping so hard that his chest aches.

Oh god, no…' - That was so good, because you knew what was happening, and yet you're sitting here thinking 'Please don't be her, please don't be her'.

I am so in love with this story, lol.
Mari83 chapter 3 . 9/7/2006
I started reading this in anticipation of another excellent, highly enjoyable story of yours and that’s exactly what it is. Even better, I can have nine chapters all at once. Good thing reading to much fic hasn’t the same effect as eating to much chocolate.

The first chapter so totally felt like watching a NCIS-episode. (Actually, since I haven’t seen all NCIS episodes at first I thought you were spinning this story off from an actual episode)

“He takes a deep breath; he isn’t good with kids.”

He’s terrible with kids and as far as I remember in the series shows not much awareness of it. It must sound contradictious but this is the reason why I love that you have him know he's usually bad with kids here, and that there is an exception for this special girl in this special situation.

“Tony.” His gaze snaps back to Gibbs. “Story.” His eyes flick towards the body of a downed agent, lying nearby as if in sleep. “Now.”

This is so perfectly Gibbs-like, the harshness, the one-word-sentences – and the not so harsh purpose behind it.

“Was there a dragon?” Startled, he looks down at the girl again. It amazes him how resilient kids can be.“

This is great,the innocence of this little-girl-question and the life-threatening situation.

“Tony can suddenly feel her blood on his face, sharp and hot, and he can smell it, too. He holds his breath so he won’t smell it anymore. It contradicts what he’s seeing.“

That was a very gruesome picture which stayed in my mind from when they aired that episode here a few months ago, and it's not less gruesome here, but still I find its use as a contrast to ghost-Kate more emotional and _way_ better than all the appearances of dead Kate in the show.

I totally love this whole part with Tony losing controll and Gibbs comforting him:

“Gibbs watches him closely, a muscle twitching once in his jaw. “It’s okay, Tony,” he says quietly. “You have to let her go.”

Tony struggles to find the energy to reign in his emotions, find his bravado, and pull something smug from his vocabulary to cover the awkwardness. Tries to find the mask he wears so no one will see his grief.“

PS: Highly repetitive but nevertheless true: I'm still addicted to your other stories:-)
celestial1 chapter 2 . 9/1/2006
ooh... I know this is way out of order and everything, but indulge me.

I. Love. Chapter. Two.

I keep coming back to this story, and I keep coming back to Chapter 2 in particular. (If you're wondering why the chapter hits are all out of balance, it's because of me. Me me me.) I love the fact that virtually nothing happens in this chapter - Tony sleeps, Tony wakes up, Tony goes back to sleep - but there is SO MUCH going on.

I love how you begin by listing all the things Tony *could* be doing, if he wasn't completely, blissfully drugged. I love the Grace Kelly hallucination. I love Kate telling him that he's lucky he didn't blow out his spine - much like his cousin Logan? - and informing him where one of the bullets ended up. Dead or not, she must have enjoyed telling him that.

I love this little bit between Tony and Gibbs:

“Hey,” he says.

“You’ve been unresponsive for six days and all you can say is ‘Hey?’”

I love Tony blaming the drugs and I love him crying on Gibbs' shoulder. It wasn't maudlin or slashy or anything, which is unusual for a Tony-crying-on-Gibbs'-shoulder moment.

I love the fact that you DID decide to continue this story and give us seven more chapters (so far!) of lilmouse-y goodness.

We finally watched 'High Noon' tonight, and thanks to your story, it felt like an old friend.
CripticWolf chapter 9 . 8/30/2006
awesome chapter poor tony and mcgee BUT I LOVE IT lol please update soon!
Richefic chapter 9 . 8/29/2006
He isn’t consciously doing so on any level he’ll admit to.

Great line. Evil Cliffhanger.
all done chapter 9 . 8/29/2006
A very cruel way to end! Must have more!
Tweeter chapter 9 . 8/29/2006
Have I written a glowing review about this story yet? I can't remember. I just love this, you have the character voices down perfectly. Please don't leave us hanging!
207 | « Prev Page 1 .. 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 .. Last Next »