Reviews for Challenge: Life's Pursuits
Ghostwriter chapter 1 . 4/23
:) I like it. Catch ya on the flip side.
Talktidy chapter 1 . 4/12
Hi,

Gosh, this is good. Short and sweet and to the point.

Well done.

Tidy
diana teo chapter 1 . 2/9/2009
You're an amazingly talented writer with a gift for your Tony humour, the story could have been longer,you know,who kidnapped them...a prequel maybe...?
kaitebug chapter 1 . 8/28/2008
lol. i could see tony doin that
WBH21C chapter 1 . 10/29/2007
LOL! So very well done!
Petitejam chapter 1 . 5/8/2007
Challenge nicely tackled. And hey if it's longer by a few hundred words whats the matter if its good right? Nice scenario, haven't seen that movie ( ithink.. might've but indiana jones all sorta jumbles together for me) Love the Tony Kate together. Well writen scene ;; Keep writing NCIS dude!
bethellie chapter 1 . 10/27/2006
I haven't left a review for this one yet?

Now that is just terrible. I've read it atleast four times.

The whole thing was awesome, without quoting examples. I loved Tony's protectiveness (is that a word) of Kate, and Kate's typical 'shut up' at the end, especially that she did it with a laugh. Kind of made me think of the end of SWAK, when he says his line about 'the end of alien' and she laughs.
Han-Skywalker chapter 1 . 10/13/2006
LOVE IT! TONY! AND INDIANA JONES!
wellthatdepends chapter 1 . 9/15/2006
i loved this.

a really nice fic showing the depths of their relationship.

loved the drama.

any hostage situation between kate and tony is a good situation in my book.

great job XD

Mel
celestial1 chapter 1 . 8/19/2006
It's about time I reviewed this one, mouse, since you're so generous about reviewing mine. My only complaint about this story is that it's too short. Sometimes I love when an author writes a vignette like this: not leaving us to get bogged down in details, because it doesn't matter WHY they are tied to a tree or who did it, it's only pertinent that they ARE tied to a tree and Tony is going to start quoting from Indiana Jones to keep Kate conscious.

“You seem a bit upset, Agent Todd.”

I love that - I can completely picture the look on Tony's face and hear the tone of his voice when he says that. (It's the mock-innocent thing that he does sometimes which always cracks me up.) Sometimes, Tony is the master of understatement.

"But that’s mostly immaterial. They didn’t just beat him up: they hurt Kate... And once they’re free, Tony is going to gut them for touching her." They fight all the time but Tony would protect her in a heartbeat: it's part of the big brother/little sister thing they have going on.

"He lets his head rest against the smooth bark of the young birch between them and stares at the branches above. They look like the arms of children, begging to someone much larger and stronger for forgiveness." Gaah! That is SWEET! Where do you get off, being such an awesome writer?

"He struggles with a moment of panic then draws on the calm that got him through his time on homicide." Like you, I am fascinated by Tony's past life as a cop. The things that drive Kate nuts are, I think, largely the things that made him so good at it. Like the fact that he doesn't get upset, even in stressful situations, he makes jokes instead. (My husband does that sometimes and I usually have to resist the urge to throw a shoe at his head. But I can see where he's coming from.)

"His headache laughs at the concept of there being any painkiller on the planet strong enough to defeat it. Music from a video game starts looping through his head, just for the hec of it." Again, good writer, not fair.

"Beside him, also flanked by paramedics, Kate chuckles. “Shut up, Tony.". Yeah, that's the only possible way that this story could end. Kate has to appreciate how much his obnoxiousness has done for her in the past half hour or so. She can be ungrateful but not THAT ungrateful.

ahh... loved it from start to finish. I have you on my author alert so you know what I'm waiting for now, don't you?
NCISFan chapter 1 . 10/21/2005
"He’s only just realized that his suit is probably beyond the rescue of even the most skilled dry cleaner." Brilliant for its inclusion. Just the kind of aside Tony would have. Thanks for that.
rozzy07 chapter 1 . 7/9/2005
Loved it, write another soon.
Kyre chapter 1 . 6/30/2005
Hee! I like this. (Mental note: Rent IJ trilogy sometime.)
Priscilla chapter 1 . 6/28/2005
Loved the story, but had a quick question for you. What is the 'Gotta Love Tony' group?

Priscilla
Karieflybabe chapter 1 . 6/27/2005
LMBO! That reminds me of a scene... Aw NM.