Reviews for A Feast in Azkaban
Very mature and well written. Loved it!
EnjoyingObsession chapter 17 . 12/16/2014
I never thought The Shoebox Project could be topped when it came to Marauder-centric stories. I read it for the first time about four years ago and it has only just been knocked down to second by this one.

I have read many, many fics that deal with the Prank, but this one has completely wiped out the others and shapes my headcanon entirely. Your writing is airtight, well edited, achingly beautiful. Your plotting is exquisite and you have a real grasp on the deepest, most intuitive 'laws' of magic. I love it when HP fics really delve into the actual magical side of things and not just the characters and relationships. There was a real sense of the wilder, darker side of witch craft in this story. It reminded me of how we read canon from the perspective of a child and how an adult's perspective on the wizarding world would reveal a lot more of this terrifying stuff.

You get the sense by the end of Deathly Hallows that, while Harry gets a happy ending, many many good people died before and for him and they did not. He was protected from some of the absolute worst of it and he doesn't even know how deep and horrifying this dark magic goes, and this story gives us a more mature and frankly, terrifying view of what James and Lily and Sirius and Remus...and Dumbledore and half the Order died to shield him from knowing.
Nardaviel chapter 17 . 6/29/2014
Congratulations on writing the world's saddest fic. Seriously. I would LIKE to go back and read this over and over because it is a truly beautiful work of art, but I don't know if I can put myself through the heartbreak again.

Other reviewers have already said everything I'd say about your beautiful characterization and prose so I will just say that I agree with them all. But holy crap. You'll notice I favorited this story several days ago and I'm only just now reviewing it... That is because I couldn't find the words until now to leave even this short review.
GuesssWho chapter 12 . 5/24/2014
Poor mad things. What bastards make them, anyway, and why?
GuesssWho chapter 10 . 5/24/2014
Poor bloody stupid bastards.
GuesssWho chapter 6 . 5/24/2014
Bloody lunatics to a one, what?
GuesssWho chapter 5 . 5/24/2014
Curious dementors. I like.
FemaleSpock chapter 17 . 4/23/2014
This fic is amazing; I thought it was a really interesting and innovative take on Sirius' time in Azkaban/backstory (and one that fit well with canon too). You manage to cover the dark subject matter in a way that seems realistic, as opposed to melodramatic, and I really loved your writing style throughout. I think it's definitely one of those fics I'll read again and again!
bkaddictjk chapter 17 . 2/2/2014
I promised myself that I wouldn't become one of those people. The people with much too many "favorite stories" ... I promised myself that I'd only add the stories that really made an impression on me ...

This was yesterday, in case you're wondering. I promised myself that yesterday.

I really hate you for making me favorite this. Although, your very unique theories and the excellently written fanfic deserves it. Why couldn't I have read this two days ago?
tastewithouttalent chapter 1 . 12/21/2013
You really were not kidding about the dark themes. I uh I couldn't stop reading this once I started, which made for some pretty intense bedtime reading, but also speaks to how utterly engrossing your writing is. The plot of this is utterly haunting and sticks with me so much that it's become my headcanon for Sirius's backstory in perpetuity. Fantastic, beautiful writing, on this as everything.
Andreya Halms chapter 17 . 10/3/2013
This is- oh my God. WOW. Fantastically, amazingly, splendidly, mind-blowingly, heart-wrenchingly AWESOMELY WOW.
I love how you handled Sirius' characterization, your description of everything..."dark", the Dementors' take on Sirius, how they literally /feed/ on him, the magic, the Prank, the, the...everything, and especially how tight the plot is.
Just wow. I'm speechless. I am, I really, really am. Totally incoherent. I'll definitely recommend this to everyone I know!
Guest chapter 17 . 9/30/2013
I loved it! The whole fanfiction is amazingly splendid!
rttz chapter 10 . 9/30/2013
I really liked this chapter. It was well written, and I love Sirius! I also liked the Sirius and Snape friendship bit.
rttz chapter 9 . 9/30/2013
They were really in character! I simply love this!
The reactions are perfect, and so are the characterizations!
rttz chapter 8 . 9/30/2013
This is really interesting. Your style of writing is more than intriguing.