Reviews for A Feast in Azkaban
rttz chapter 8 . 9/30/2013
This is really interesting. Your style of writing is more than intriguing.
rttz chapter 5 . 9/29/2013
I really like how you have made the dementors like that.
rttz chapter 4 . 9/29/2013
I really adore your writing style.
rttz chapter 2 . 9/29/2013
This is so... amazing...
thosefadedlights chapter 15 . 9/2/2012
I've read this story on lj about five times now, but when i saw it on ff i had to review. Your story is so beautiful and so utterly heart-wrenching - i have to compose myself for about half an hour afterwards every time. This chapter in particular is so real and true and i love how sirius can only be convinced because of his love for remus. ashsadakjl this is one of my favorite fics of all time!
Guest chapter 17 . 7/6/2012
Simply wonderful. I am actually reading Neil Gaiman's “american gods” at the moment, but I took a break because I longed to re-read this story for the third time. As a heterosexual male I must say that you've managed something rare in literature, you've written a sex-scene so that its really enjoyable out of pure romantic appreciation not (just) erotic. I could to a great extent empathy’s with the characters longings, pleasures and passions despite it being very different from my own. I was linked to the story ignorant of its status as “slash” a genre I usually avoid, but this truly surpasses the limitations of its genre. The way you use and introduce the suicide curse is also marvelous. I apologies for all my spelling errors, English is my second languish and I am dyslectic
roughdiamond5 chapter 17 . 6/6/2012
I...don't know what to say first. Do I first commend your awesome (quite literally worthy of awe) vocabulary and writing style, or the way you tie everything so elegantly to the canon work, or to the way I swore I felt Sirius's rage or Remus's love?

Ah, that last one - that's why I can't NOT favorite this story. I had been feeling rather empty about love stories lately because they felt all the same - confessions of undying love that drift into a happily ever after with smiles and kisses, you understand. But you, you...how do I describe it? You describe so eloquently, and I have an inadequate vocabulary to explain how this story made me feel. After all, I've told other writers that they made me feel as if I was the heroine (or more feminine hero) being admired by the man in question.

But this story was different. I loved both men, Sirius and Remus, each in their own way - and I swear I really did love them. It didn't feel like sympathy. It didn't even feel like empathy. It felt like I was a, a - a goddess or a deity of some sort, one who could look into people's souls and see their flaws and their passions and love them wholly for themselves. Truly awesome, your characterization is.

Now everything I say is going to sound weak in comparison to what I just said, but all of it will sound weak next to your own writing style. Every chapter I used my dictionary app or Google to look up at least two words, and I mean that in the nicest possible way. I encounter very few authors with a vocabulary beyond my comprehension, and the pleasure of learning combined with the thrill of the story itself made for an overwhelmingly fantastic result.

And the best part about your writing style was that, beyond your vocabulary, you manipulated your sentence structures and metaphors in a way that painted the story. Many writers have done this too, but your particular skills are transcendent when considering what else you have done to make this story so incredible. I only remember one error, though I'm sure there may have been another one or two that slipped my notice in lieu of a good tale: in the last chapter, I read "may save the James's and Lily's lives". You may not need the "the" there, is all I'm saying.

Beyond love and grammar, I can't emphasize enough how well you blended the original series with your own interpretation. The Mauraders' relationship remains strong and effectively persuades me of the brotherhood among them (or at least among James, Sirius, and Remus). I was pleased to see Snape's and Sirius's conversation leading up to the infamous Whomping Willow scene in which James saves Sirius's life, because I knew what was coming and couldn't wait to read your interpretation.

In fact, I was quite in love with James (more as a greatly trusted friend) simply because of the way you balanced his casual mannerisms with his fierce loyalty and boldness. He epitomizes Gryffindor, and I commend his characterization.

You've shed a new light on Dumbledore for me, too. I now understand even more than when I read the original Harry Potter series that, to paraphrase Sirius, he frets about the forest so much that he can't bother to notice it's made of trees. His empahsis on the greater good instead of individual lives hasn't necessarily made him an antagonist, but I now understand some of his flaws because of your clever exemplification.

And the rape scene between Bellatrix and Sirius - oh my god. Excellent explanation for why Bellatrix never had a child, excellent explanation for why Sirius ran away, excellent exemplification of Sirius's fury and grudge against his family, excellent first hint that Sirius loves Remus - just excellent in all aspects.

I was also as fascinated by the dementors as they were by Sirius. Their morbid obsession with the life-filled prisoner, mixed with mannerisms (like speech) that I had never imagined of their sort, made for quite a tale as I watched Sirius sit alone in Azkaban. Those scenes made for an excellent juxtaposition with the eventful, stressful times of the Order of the Phoenix (Remus's conversation with one of the near-death Death Eaters nearly broke my heart) and the sweeter, more lighthearted moments between the Mauraders (Remus and Sirius in bed together, for instance, or Sirius bonding with his godson).

This may be one of the longest reviews I have ever given that is nearly entirely infused with praise. And you deserve every word.
Atsuko chapter 17 . 5/5/2012
A fantastic story! So tightly-written, with such a sense of mood. You streamline your characters' emotions most elegantly.
Merkaba7734 chapter 17 . 1/25/2012
I really can't say enough about this story. I'm sorry, I think I'm going to get a little exorbiant in praise. I think I've read the story twice straight through, and reread certain parts additional times. Both times I found it vicerally painful at parts and I seriously considered stopping reading it, but I wasn't able to either time. I'm glad I couldn't.

The characterizations were perfect both in-story and in relation to canon. I adore your Sirius, your Remus, your Snape, your Moody... all of them.

Your interpretation of The Prank is the best that I've ever read. It fits beautifully. Similarly, Sirius's belief that Remus was the traitor is explained in a way that makes complete sense- and is ridiculously devastating. Further, the way Sirius's supposed betrayal was accepted by Dumbledore and Co. also makes perfect sense. The events are ones that are generally difficult for fanfic writers- and sometimes particularly for Sirius/Remus stories- and I am in awe of how you handled them.

The framing device of Sirius sharing his past with the Dementors is also really great. I loved the additional insight into the Dementors.

Overall, I loved this story and I know it will stay with me for a good while. Thank you!
MissEMT chapter 17 . 1/15/2012
I couldn't leave this story alone, I finished it in one go, it's just so so good. Disturbing but amazing. You are a very good writer, I kept forgetting I was reading a fanfiction. Very well done.
Bee chapter 17 . 8/12/2011
Well, that was quite something! Very gripping and emotional. Read the whole thing in one sitting. Good work!
LapineQ chapter 17 . 8/3/2011
I love this because it feels like it could have actually happened within the series. It addresses all the minor curiosities in the characters' past, such as what drove Sirius to really try to kill Snape. You also address the feelings of the dementors beautifully. The tone and pacing are perfect, the storyline is engaging, and the characters come to life.

All in all, a very nice look at Sirius's character and how he survived Azkaban.
NopeJustMe chapter 17 . 3/23/2011
This was wonderful, and vaguely horrifying, and beautifully written. I adore it. Thanks so much for writing this.
dontcallmemadeline chapter 17 . 9/18/2010
Wow. Really great job with this story! You've managed to capture Sirius very well- his reasons for doing things, his devotion to James and Remus and Harry- perfect. I really loved it, though some of it is a bit dark. Poor Remus, he was so well intentioned with what he was teaching Sirius and meanwhile Sirius' heart is breaking cause he thinks Remus is the spy...

Anyways, keep up the great work with the rest of your stories!
SoloMoon chapter 17 . 8/30/2010
This is such an amazing story; an incredibly creepy concept that is extremely well-executed. The amount of emotion in so many of these scenes and the many moments of stark imagery kept me riveted throughout the reading of this. The way that you create the dementors is fascinating - grotesque, yet also pitiful. I have never felt more for Sirius's destruction and eventual fall from grace than when reading this fic. Your characterization especially is spot-on and therefore heartrending. An excellent story overall.
87 | « Prev Page 1 2 3 4 5 .. Last Next »