Reviews for Under Construction: Foundation
drgemini86 chapter 1 . 10/18/2007
Great story! I especially love how Jack in the simulation names his dogs Samuels, Maybourne and Kinsey. I could totally see him doing that!

The simulation with Daniel was brilliant (and as an SD'er, the best ; )), and the following lines were especially so:

"“Remind me how we managed to have the second set of twins when we never have a moment to ourselves,” he asks.

“I seem to remember you pulling me into the laundry room while the kids were playing in the backyard and making love to me between the washer and the shelf with the detergent and the fabric softener,” she answers."

I could totally see them having that discussion.

Anyway, I find it intriguing and interesting that an alien race would want to experiment on them and use them as lab rats, kind of like the old alien abduction stories... well, almost.

Ah, poor Sam. It's hardest for her what with being pregnant full stop, and then the babies belonging to both Jack and Daniel, neither man being available. Well, she needs Daniel to stop being an arse and finally see her, or admit to seeing her as she is. That man...

: )
Dreamer22 chapter 3 . 6/1/2006
yay babies! tehe well done I enjoyed it
technetium chapter 3 . 9/17/2005
I had actually been wondering why I had never seen any sort of realistic, not terribly shippy "SG-1 gets imprisoned by aliens & Sam gets pregnant" plot done before. I think you did a good job making it angsty, not sappy. I don't think the religious angle was overdone either, as 5 months of solitary are enough to make anyone crazy without some sort of anchor, and there are some (albeit very slight) hints in the series that Sam is a bit religious. (When Teal'c was brainwashed by Apophis and Sam was trying to convince him of the error of his ways, Teal'c asked her if she knew what it was like to have her beliefs taken away from her. She answered "This isn't about me", rather than the emphatic "Yes, I do understand, I got over them in favor of reality and you can do the same" arguement that one would expect from someone raised religious (and Jacob did seem religious when he was dying in Tokra Pt 1) who was now an atheist.) Very well done.
Alec Star chapter 3 . 6/26/2005
I like what you have so far and I'm looking forward to reading more of this... my only concern is that the whole 'Sam finds God' theme may end up pushing her out of character if it is carried out too far (Sam is a scientist at heart and religion is about faith, so you run the risk of losing the scientist here).
KatieMichelleBell chapter 3 . 6/25/2005
You so better finish this story!

Can't wait for the next update.

Happy Writing,

katie
feb04 chapter 3 . 6/25/2005
whoa good story, i can't believe you're going to let sam be on her own!