Reviews for Empty Names
Di chapter 1 . 7/19/2012
I think it's a very realistic way of how they would be coping with Sirius' death.
nvulpeculatonks chapter 1 . 8/25/2011
THAT WAS FANTASTIC!

Very good!

Very cute and true and realistic!
TonksftMemories chapter 1 . 6/21/2010
Beautiful! So poetic in parts. I loved the running idea of words, how you started with it, then linked back to it at the end, it made the fic so much more original and interesting.

Congrats!
purebristles chapter 1 . 4/15/2006
I think you've hit upon a very raw nerve in human nature - what we do not name, does not exist. It's one of my favourite tropes when I was studying literature, and especially in queer/feminist theory, where there was a lot of problems giving names to things because they were so uncomfortable and so naked after we give them names... brilliant work here; I really do hope you continue with their path towards naming.
phantasmagorienne chapter 1 . 3/18/2006
This is a beautiful piece of work: elegant and lyrical. I love the centring on names, the careful way you set your words, and the poignant way you've captured these characters. I can easily see Tonks cheerily breaking through such social boundaries as drinking from a werewolf's mug without even realising.

"It was a struggle before they learned to wrap their lips around the word dead, because it is as if they had caused his demise themselves by merely using the word with its heavy, hollow finality."

That sentence really struck a chord with me. Excellent, haunting work. Thank you.
ModestyRabnott chapter 1 . 3/18/2006
"He tries not to recognize the feeling that wells in him when she purses her lips to cool the liquid a bit, lifts the mug to her lips and takes a big swallow of his drink. In some countries, people burn the objects used by a werewolf, calling them tainted and foul. In 12 Grimmauld Place, she shares his tea. When his mug is returned to the spot before him, he calls the feeling that wells within him annoyance. He does it to distract himself as he lifts the mug to his lips and tastes her.

He pretends that he hasn't been feeling it all year. He pretends that this girl- woman really- with her cheerful demeanor and matter-of-fact acceptance of his disease, is not constantly on his mind, lurking in the periphery in the midst of Order missions. His nonchalance towards her easy offer of friendship, when he has struggled so hard to gain the acceptance of others belies his real feeling, the one that has been simmering softly just beneath the surface which he tries valiantly to ignore all year."

BEAUTIFUL!

This is just magic.
Rain chapter 1 . 3/18/2006
Poignant and moving. Nicely done.
jadeddiva chapter 1 . 8/29/2005
Very nice. I have an incredible soft-spot for introspective Remus-in-denial fics. It's great that you from the center of your entire piece around the coffee mug and what it means to him (and, implicitly to her).
Aegle chapter 1 . 7/29/2005
Yep, you've got them spot on. I very much think it was "playing house" for the longest time at Number Twelve. Thanks for a good R/T. There are so few.

Cheers!

Aegle
Calcifersgrl chapter 1 . 7/28/2005
Powerful... I love your take on euphemisms and avoiding certain names. Great job with the fic!
QUeriusole chapter 1 . 7/16/2005
Very introspective. It worked well, especially the focus on sharing the cup.
mercutio-rane chapter 1 . 7/1/2005
Very nice! I love the structure of this, working around the semantics of language and how our choice of words plays a large role in how we want (or don't want) what we're talking about to be perceived.

I've already written the Tonks chapter of Random Acts and had to smile that you hit on something here - the destruction of objects "tainted" by werewolves" and Tonks drinking out of his mug. Variations on a theme, really, that stuff has shown up before, but I think it resurfaces because they're all part of the phobias and foibles of ill society: separate water founatins for blacks in the 50's, children with AIDS in the 80's not being allowed to use the same bathrooms as the other children. It's very easy to see the same possibilities in Remus' life.

Sorry for the big aside!

Anyway, this is a lovely work and I hope you keep it up!
nycgrl chapter 1 . 6/29/2005
Great fic- the perfect amount of angst and heart. Totally tugged at the heartstrings. Great job!
Mucada chapter 1 . 6/26/2005
Love it, love it, love it. You have me pleasantly moved right from the beginning, when you described their relationship in your A/N. But, anyway, wonderful job of capturing their bittersweet love. I liked the constant flow of the piece, and how you referenced their using of different names to how different their little world at Grimmauld Place is from the rest of the society.

Very original and use of character. Cheers.

peace,

mucada
AlyceJL chapter 1 . 6/26/2005
*shivers* Fantastic. The emotion cuts straight to the bone. Well done.