Reviews for House of the Setting Sun 4: Not just a job title
TheRedPoet chapter 4 . 5/8/2011
A great story, but definetely not without errors. You keep confusing "You're" and "Your" which bugs the crap out of me. :P

I've read later works of yours and I don't think it was an issue in those, so I'm using somewhere along the line, you stopped doing that.

Looking forward to that moment.

As for the overall plot, there's also good and bad sides.

Some of the characters you've added are really nice, the tiny little demon for instance was a great idea. Janey too.

Xander's problems with drinking is also a nice touch.

What bugs me is Buffy's utter lack of big picture thinking. She's a smart girl and even if she's heart-broken from Faith leaving, there's two thousand slayers around that she personally activated.

What're they really doing to gather those?

A little barn sure as heck isn't gonna work.

Now, I suppose you might not have read season 8 (Hell, was it even up at this point) so it could've been unclear just how many slayers were active...

Willow also gets a very unactive part.

She is, after all, one of the strongest witches all over...

That sort of causes troubles because you have to work around her pretty much being able to zap any threat out of existence.

Maybe I'm comparing this story way too much to the Compelled to play series when they're really not aiming to be the same thing, but I still think there's stuff that could be better.

For example, Janey getting her ass kicked time and time again by the other inmates. If it's for the storyline, then maybe you should make her meeker to explain her lack of will to retaliate.
blue talith chapter 5 . 3/21/2011
What about Janey? And poor Kate. Onward Faith. Now on to Part 5!
Son of Soul Reaver chapter 5 . 11/18/2010
Damn! I have to admit that I wasn't really sure if she was going to get out or not. That really was a satisfying ending without being a mega happy ending. I can really see that you are improving with time. The story is well rounded and well paced.

The one criticism I have is that the vampire fight didn't really convey the sense of danger that I was hoping for. It felt kind of like "This is us killing the 'big bad' of the week". Maybe I'm being a little too critical. They are, after all, an army of Slayers facing the very enemy they were created to fight.

Lolita's beating at the hands of Faith was a wonderful mix of satisfaction and fear. I really thought she had killed Janey and I really thought Faith was going to kill her. I can't wait to see what is done about Janey in future stories.

I do have one other criticism. (I know, I said I only had one and I'm sorry.) In the American Justice System, if a jury finds a defendant 'not guilty', even if it's a retrial due to an appeal, then the judge doesn't have the right to reduce the charge and find the defendant guilty of that. Once the jury says 'not guilty', then it's over and the defendant gets to go home. Many times, prosecutors will charge someone with several charges at once, so that the jury can decide they aren't guilty of 'Murder One' but still say guilty of 'Murder Two' or 'Man One'

That's all I have for now. Keep up the amazing work. I'm looking forward to getting caught up in the rest of your work.
Rain Addict CM chapter 5 . 7/3/2010
damn another good one! all throughout this one i was shouting at the screan for Lolitta to get her ass kicked! im glad she did by the end D
Charming Angel from S chapter 1 . 4/1/2006

great to see you are back with this story...i so missed it. I hope to hear from it soon.

What will this Lol girl do? I so dislike her.

Great chapter
Reader chapter 5 . 3/5/2006
Great fanfiction so far, but I was wondering if it's ever gonna be continued or not. The last update was more than half a year ago. Maybe someone knows if the author finished it elsewhere on the net.
Charming Angel from S chapter 5 . 1/24/2006
Omg...Ive just read all the story...and well...

You are an amazing writer. I really need to know what will happen. Faith got out? What will she do?
Thieving Magpie chapter 5 . 12/27/2005
So Faith is finally out or not? I tend do disagree with another reviewer here. The most important thing seems to be what Buffy's going to do now. I mean, there's no way she'll welcome back Faith with open arms after that whole prison ordeal. Pushing Buffy away like Faith did will probably have consequences...

I can't wait to find out.
joy chapter 5 . 12/8/2005
aah.. finally! that was gorgeous. i love it. i cant wait till Watcher Looking At. i dont lie when i say you are my favourite author. i bow at your feet. :D good on and keep writing! c ya next time
CharmingAngel chapter 5 . 12/8/2005
Oh my god! I hope you will continue with this story soon. I need more.

Faith is free? yeah...but the big question is what will she do next? plase update soon.

april chapter 4 . 11/17/2005
omg i hate you! but i love this story ;) :D you're amazing. i can't wait for the next one
jamiesgotagun15 chapter 4 . 11/7/2005
Ooh, interesting turn of events. I was almost certain the trouble was over. But nicely done.
Thieving Magpie chapter 4 . 11/7/2005
Well, nice cliffhanger there, very cruel. I think you should stop changing POVs that often. It's not like we're really watching a TV series. Since you're doing fanfiction and we're reading this chapter by chapter it's hard to get tuned into the story. I can't speak for everyone but whenever someone starts changing the POVs that often I start skipping whole paragraphs.
Ganglion chapter 4 . 11/7/2005
You are so mean. How can you stop there?

I hope you update soon, otherwise ... . Well I don't know what I'll do, but it will be horrible.

So please update.
lele angel03 chapter 3 . 10/26/2005
WHERE HAVE YOU BEEN? FAITH HAS TO GET OUT AND SLEEP WITH BUFFY! i mean have nice talk with buffy lol great update