Reviews for In Shadow, Again
I Heart Edward Cullen chapter 1 . 5/12/2006
Ah! Another favorite! There had to have been that moment of realization there, that he has no purpose, that what he was fighting for is finished, and all he had left was bitter memories and blood stained hands. Long nights alone, with nothing but the faces of corpses to carry him through.

He fought for what he believed in. He did what he must.

But that doesn't mean there isn't a small part of him that regrets it.

Wow... no wonder he spent ten years wandering. *spell checking review and scaring herself*
Warg chapter 1 . 12/26/2005
I'm speechless, this is wonderful.

Will u write one for defeat...or maybe i could...oh well.

Bye
Terry-McElrath chapter 1 . 8/5/2005
Oh, my. This is incredible. I absolutely loved the imagery, the emptiness, the endless expanse of an uncertain future. This one truly tugged at my heart. Thanks!
skenshingumi chapter 1 . 8/3/2005
I like the symmetry in this drabble, the way you contrast darkness against the uplift of "Victory!" both at the beginning and end. It is no coincidence I imagine that that first victory is set off by an exclamation while the ending one is not, a sense of flatness echoed by the emptiness of the last lines vs. exaltation of the earlier ones.
NonameJane chapter 1 . 7/9/2005
Whoa...your details blew me away! Very good, no need to guess who this even is. You keep it very clear and precise but not bland whatsoever. Obviousness written in a subtle, beautiful way. I'm not sure if I'm wording this right...but seriously I mean it when it is well written!
Murasahki-chan chapter 1 . 6/25/2005
Oh!. Such complexity in so few words. All I can think is "unrequited nobility." The sensation you create with your last sentence is the epitome of the tone of RK.
Crystal Snowflakes chapter 1 . 6/25/2005
This is very interesting. I liked this very much, because it's very deep, and I think you made Kenshin's feelings very clear. Great job!
omasuoniwabanshi chapter 1 . 6/25/2005
I could picture this scene from the OAV so clearly, the fire and the flags flapping in the wind. You didn't just describe the scene though, you articulated exactly what it meant for Kenshin, the despair rather than the joy at a victorious ending to the battle. That's what made this story so great, counting the cost of victory. Instead of a huge sigh of relief and a sense of accomplishment, he stares down the empty years of atonement without Tomoe's presence. You really know how to pack a ton of meaning into such a few words! Good job!
lolo popoki chapter 1 . 6/25/2005
Oh my; how sad! Poor Kenshin... nothing really to look forward to now that his part in the war is over. It was interesting to see the stark contrast between the first point-of-view (the relieved words of a common soldier finally able to go home?) and Kenshin's lost hopelessness... Very nice!
iwantcandy2 chapter 1 . 6/25/2005
Wel, it was a little too short, you should have lengthened it. It does strike a tone deep in the soul, though, and defently worth reading.