Reviews for forgive me of my sins
Fenris Jin chapter 1 . 2/27/2014
Waahh.. It's sad. And tragic. And I makes me realize that second chances don't really live up to people's fancy. T_T

You wrote it very well though. :)
kokoronagomu chapter 1 . 10/2/2012
reincarnation has always been a ridiculous concept to me... what can you improve on if you're unable to remember the lessons and mistakes that had been made before.

i did however enjoy this story (i read it so so long ago, not sure if i reviewed it but if it's accepted then consider this as my apology and correction of the error of not reviewing long ago if it spits it back then you won't be reading this). xp

if you hadn't heard about the 'rurouni kenshin' live action movie that's been released in japan and they're planning on releasing it in over sixty countries! or the new manga rewrite it's called 'kinema ban' or the animated rewrite of the kyoto arc called 'shin kyoto hen' (all slightly different stories).

if you plug in the following code in the youtube search engine you can see a few of the trailers for the live action movie:

kokoronagomu. deviantart. com
Sing a Song 119 chapter 1 . 11/4/2007
Oh... this is good. Much more different than all the other ones I've read. I say great. Great and more great.
Sundarii chapter 1 . 10/13/2007
ohmygodiloveyouthisisamazing im a little in shock right now but this was i've never read anything like this. i kinda actually really prefer this ending to the manga one, because for some reason i never really thought kenshin and kaoru would have the perfect love story. this, to me, is MUCH better and MUCH more fitting. day-um, this was great...

*skipping off to read your other stuff*
Chikai Tenshi chapter 1 . 1/22/2007
I can't say ow many times I've read this, but each time I do I'm struck by the emotions that it evokes. I would love to read a fic about kenshin's reaction or his side during the sixth life~
arch chapter 1 . 12/26/2006
oh my freakin god that was amazing. i am so in love with this piece...
Solarstone chapter 1 . 10/27/2006
It is rather cruel, the whole "remembering their past lives" part. I get it that the whole remembering process happens at its own pace and cannot be willed to take place. And so, Kenshin and Kaoru end up unintentionally and unknowningly hurting each other. Well at least they are now together now, and maybe that's all that counts :D
en route chapter 1 . 3/27/2006
aww.. great great fic. the first good one i've read in a while. dang, i think half the reason why i love this fic is because it embodies my own thoughts on kenshin and kaoru's relationship. i've always thought kenshin to be the cruelest character invented because he was honest and he actually loved kaoru. and despite how kaoru is constantly hurt, she actually does hold the power to crush kenshin if she wished to do so. i think it's pretty IC and even sticks the the characteristics of the relationship from the anime/manga, even if they are put through several different lifetimes.

and through the fic, i wondered, has kaoru ever thought that maybe SHE hurt kenshin in some lifetimes but didn't remember, just as she accuses kenshin of doing so multiple times? i don't know if your intention was to have kaoru as the person who remembered EVERYTHING, but i don't know, the possibility seems to be there.

once again, love the fic. you've done a beautiful job with the writing style [as always].

[clicks to favorites]
Yarrie chapter 1 . 3/26/2006
Lovely. Beautiful...and whatever other synonyms for pretty you can think of. This one-shot (can it actually be called a one-shot?) is an absolutely delightful read. Really, if you print it out and change the names up, you can send it to some magazines or something...
PINEfish chapter 1 . 2/10/2006
I can't believe you received only 5 reviews for this incredible fic! Your story is just so original, I've never really read something quite like it before. I've read it for 3 times now and I've not really gotten tired of reading it again and again.

Bravo! Bravo! Bravo! I'm so inspired by this fic, sadly it's a one-shot so I'll probably never get anything more, although if you have some ideas to recontinue... or make a prequel... *wink* *wink*
skenshingumi chapter 1 . 7/5/2005
Another very unusual and well written story. I found it simultaneously romantic and "anti-romantic" or at least unsentimental. I had some trepidation starting it when you warned of character death. I often find stories with the main character’s death written as angst for angst sake, too melodramatic if you know what I mean. I found this story surprisingly refreshing. The subject was serious but not belabored and definitely not described in a melodramatic way. The simple straight forward presentation of events and emotions strengthened this story which could easily have been overblown if handled differently.
titaness chapter 1 . 6/29/2005
The concept was very interesting...

and I must say this has earned my respect. Your skills as a writer are impressive, to make a story such as this believable. But the prose is not adorned with fluff or sap, just something...I felt something more... And I could easily imagine this pairing going through every life together. I must say this was a sophisticated and well-thought out idea. I especially liked the ending lines - "bound to her by every emotion known to Man and tied to her by so much more than fate" That struck me as not treacly sappy romantic but more momentous...and momentous is something that in my opinion definitely describes this couple.

A lovely job!
Kage Ame chapter 1 . 6/27/2005
That was very well written! I am in awe did a fantastic job! The descriptions, the transitiions from one life to another and finally the conclusion where things are "happily ever after" but it is satisfying that things are concluded positively. Very nicely done.
Nigihayami Haruko chapter 1 . 6/26/2005
Beautiful. I liked how you described Kaoru as achingly beautiful because it's something I've been trying to attain or endlessly search for in every piece of art that I touch. A strange kind of sorrow, a deep and painful, heartbreaking kind of beauty. This is what you have managed to weave, this is what you have managed to create. The tone, the flow, everything in the story just fits so seamlessly it's hard to find where Kaoru ends and where Kenshin begins. Keep writing, I'm always looking forward to your masterpieces.
Royal blueKitsune chapter 1 . 6/26/2005
Seven lives?Wow!I loved this was angsty and my heart goes out to poor that must be one miserable existance,make that seven.I sincerely can't find my words about this one but I can say that it was a rest you can think by yourself...since I'm speechless here!